Start by marking “Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 1

Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 1 (Ludwig Revolution #1)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  647 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Ludwig ist das Infant Terrible des Königreichs und wahrlich kein Märchenprinz. Weder seine Kleidung noch seine Manieren sind seines Standes angemessen. Als sein verzweifelter Vater ihm aufträgt, endlich zu heiraten, machen sich Ludwig und sein Diener auf den Weg, die passende Märchenprinzessin zu finden. Ob es zum Happy-End kommt?
Published August 22nd 2005 by Carlsen Comics (first published 2004)

Nisha
This is so insane and morbid, yet very good. Definitely worth a read. Its just a retelling of every fairytale in the most disturbing way.
Konstantina_pap
Jul 02, 2015 Konstantina_pap rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Read full review at: http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.gr...

One thing that really recommends a book to me is some relation to fairy tales. Ludwig Revolution is a manga which has many such retellings, such as Snow White, Cinderella, The Sleeping Beauty, Hansel & Gretel and Red Riding Hood. In the past, I had read another manga, called Grimms Manga, attempting the same thing but I was rather disappointed. Luckily, this wasn't the case here, although I have to admit that I didn't expect what I
Sleepymei
May 13, 2011 Sleepymei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book.
Well, let's start w/ the stuff i like: classic fairy tales, pretty people, fancy clothes, creative spin, unexpected twists in the storyline, humor, ooh pretty guys w/ long hair (thats always a plus) visual kei ;]
The bad: macabre
the thing is that i had no idea what i had gotten myself into... I just grabbed this manga from the public library because it look pretty and it was short (4 vols) and i wanted a break from the never ending long stories. *SPOILER ALER
Lee
Jan 08, 2010 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
First of all, the art for this series is some of the most gorgeous I've had the fortune to experience in manga. It's often incredibly detailed and a real feast for the eyes.

Since the story is a retelling of fairy tales many readers will be familiar with what's going to happen-but then they'll often see it turned completely on it's head. It has the usual gamut of princesses and classic characters (Hansel & Gretal, Rapunzel, Cinderella) but they've been made unique and fleshed out (and not pu
Sasha Strader
Just...weird.
Shannon
Nov 30, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lmao, manga, 2015
Oh my god, I feel like this was made for me! I love fairy tales and I love the dark style that Kaori Yuki seems to use for all her mangas. Every chapter focused on Ludwig searching for a bride that was a princess or heroine from a well-known fable. It was a strange because the tone was a weird mixture of comedy and macabre. There were lots of comical parts that made me laugh, but then there were taboo things like incest and necrophilia thrown in like it was no big deal. The main character Ludwig ...more
Séverine
Ludwig Revolution est le manga par lequel il faut commencer si on veut s'initier à l'univers déjanté de sa mangaka, Kaori Yuki. Rappelons-le, son univers glauque, pervers, gore, et qui tourne sur des thèmes comme l'inceste et la nécrophilie, n'est pas commun, et pourrait en rebuter plus d'un. Cependant avec ce premier tome, nous commençons doucement, pour aller petit à petit, vers la noirceur de son univers...

Nous suivons le Prince Louis, alias Ludwig, et son valet, Whilelm, alias Will, dans sa
Tranlinh
Mar 29, 2014 Tranlinh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
truyện đọc bị ngu vcl có lẽ để thỏa mãn sở thích siêu giai nhân hoàng tộc đanh đá kiêu căng hẹp hòi ích kỷ rất hoa và rất lệ một bông hoa hồng gai có độc lộng lẫy xinh đẹp kinh hồn đẫm nặng một mùi Master các ấy hiểu. chuyên khoe đùi buộc tóc cao đi bốt cao chơi đồ da báo lúc mặc váy còn hếch chân lên ấy sở thích là dẫm vào kẻ khác Master éo chịu được 10 người nhìn thì 9 người ba phần tư muốn quỳ lạy dưới gót giày người em sassy arrogant kinh tởm mét 86 trông éo có vẻ gì mươi chín tuổi ấy móng t ...more
Jenna Loesch
Finally got around to reading the translation of this manga. Y U NO PUBLISH IN ENGLISH?!?
Yoda Bor
Jan 12, 2016 Yoda Bor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Si pour vous les princesses sont de pauvres jeunes filles en détresse qui n’attende que d’être secourues et que les princes sont de vaillants chevaliers prêts à tout pour sauver la veuve et l’orphelin, vous allez découvrir là leur véritable facette.

Ludwig est mis à la porte par son père et interdit de retour jusqu’à ce qu’il se trouve une fiancée digne d’épouser un prince tel que lui. Mais ses critères de sélection sont assez spéciaux et ne se basent que sur le physique et spécialement les gros
Holly Interlandi
Finally found good translations to aid in my understanding... and, holy shit, does it get any better? The princely protagonist is into big boobs, necrophilia, and leopard print. Snow White seduces her father. Sleeping Beauty is an antisocial child of rape. And don't even get me started on Little Red Riding Hood...
Mona
Oct 16, 2015 Mona rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading Cameron Jace's Fairy Tale Retellings and was constantly complaining from time to time because it was failing miserably in the dark and twisted genre. While reading, I found myself complaining from time to time and as a result my sister suggested that I read Ludwig Kakumei, she thinks that even though it's a manga; it might still be better than the crap I was reading.

Verdict:
The art is gorgeous, the dialogues can be silly but weren't as annoying as Cameron Jace's works, the humor ca
Sara
Jul 19, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like retellings of fairy tales
3.5 Stars. Although this is fairy tales retold, it is not for kids. Teens would be okay, I think, though Kaori Yuki is usually kind of risqué. (I read her as a teen, though...)

This volume contains retellings of Snow White, Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, and Blue-Beard. Hansel and Gretel is alluded to. It's both episodic and continuous. The larger story arc is that Prince Lui has been told to go find himself a bride and he and his servant are now investigating the various candidates. Lui has v
Niratisaya Niratisaya
Tired with all the serious books, I turn to my comic shelves and reread this work of Kaori Yuki once more. Anyone who's been asking on the life of the princes in Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, you may find the answer in Ludwig Revolution, which titled Revolution in Indonesia.

No, he's not as noble as the portrait given by the story we've read and enjoyed. Well, you could say that he IS POLITE and CHARMING. But only for females, and certain females only--one who heavy on the top. Brain and boobs.
Emilya Kusnaidi
Sejak baca Angel Sanctuary, saya jadi keranjingan baca bukunya Yuki Kaori. Kemudian pilihan jatuh pada Ludwig Revolution - yang kata teman saya, beda banget dengan karya Yuki Kaori lainnya.
Dan kesan setelah membaca, well memang beda sih. Yuki Kaori tetap menyajikan kekhasannya; a sick, twisted fairy tale. Tapi, Ludwig Revolution ini... manga fantasy-comedy! Jadinya, meskipun tetap bertema twisted fairy tale, tetep ada unsur lucunya dengan karakter Ludwig yang aneh-nyebelin-tapi sadis.
So, overa
Navya Ajan
Jun 10, 2014 Navya Ajan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is alittle on the dark side. A twisted version off the fairytales that we love are portrayed in it. And the surprising part is that i actually like it! after all those cute and romantic mangas Prince Ludwig was kind of refreshing.
Audrey Lei Lacambra
A friend of mine told me about this manga. I like this manga already really a fairy tale with a twist! I love Ludwig!
Val
Aug 07, 2011 Val rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent les contes de fées revus par kaori yuki, ludwig est un prince complètement obsédé (voir pervers), fidèlement suivi par son valet il cherche une princesse pour se marier (sur ordre de son père), dans ce premier volume on va tour à tour rencontrer une blanche neige absolument abominable, un petit chaperon rouge parenticide devenue tueur a gage, une princesse ronce (le belle aux bois dormant) qui n'est qu'une illusion et un barbe bleu timide lorsqu'il n'a pas sa barbe (l'histoire qui m'a ...more
Sabriina
Feb 28, 2016 Sabriina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Me encanta este manga,ya lo relei tres veces y lo sigo amando
Aleksandra
Jun 20, 2014 Aleksandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best manga I have read so far! :)
Justine
May 07, 2015 Justine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
3,5/5
Dancing Queen
Jan 02, 2014 Dancing Queen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je m'attendais à pas grand chose au vu du résumé et finalement c'est une très bonne surprise ! Le prince est à la fois drôle, charmant, obsédé et surtout complètement taré, c'qui fait que les histoires sont vraiment plaisante à (re)découvrir. Ces parodies des contes de Grimm, façon Kaori Yuki, sont un vrai régal !
Orlaith
Jan 10, 2012 Orlaith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, mini-reviewed
Kaori Yuki is one of my favourite mangakas and this volume did not disappoint me.

Her artistic style is so appealing to me, so delicate and beautiful. Even if I didn't have the story, I would have enjoyed just looking at the beautiful drawings.

I loved the twist on well-known fairy tales as well. I also enjoyed seeing a bit more humour in this compared to other stories by the mangaka, since her works are usually very dark.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
3.5

An arrogant and manipulative prince and his long suffering manservant travels around searching for a suitable bride and ends up in various versions of fairytales.

The art is insanely beautiful and its worth reading it just for that.

The stories are (pardon the pun)very grim,most always with some bizarre twist to the fairytales we have been told since we were children.

Makes me think of:
Natalia Kills-Wonderland
Patricia
I loved the afterword, where Yuki says something like, "I always found it hard as a child to trust those princes to be oh-so-good when they could whip out unusually cruel punishments to their enemies without any second thoughts."

Interesting take on fairy tales, but it's also a little.. slow. A manga I'd read more because of its inspirational purposes than for the stories themselves.
Bookkitten
Nov 18, 2009 Bookkitten rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, german-edition
We all know fairy tales, but weve never read them in Kaori Yuki style... till now.

Prepare to meet the adventures of a breast-focused slightly sadistic prince and his servant, dealing with the bounty hunter Little Red Riding Hood, a new intrigue in every fairy tale kingdom and a masochistic witch who likes cosplay, and much much more.

A Kaori Yuki masterpiece in four tomes.
Stéphanie
Jul 28, 2011 Stéphanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, owned
Ah ! Je suis enfin réconciliée avec Kaori Yuki ! Comte Cain était un manga pas mal mais il manquait un petit quelque chose. Quand à Angel Sanctuary s'était tout bonnement insupportable. Ludwig est bien dessiné, l'idée des contes de fées classiques version trash et gothique est franchement sympathique et bien menée. A suivre.
Momoberry
Dec 24, 2010 Momoberry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Momoberry by: A friend from high school (she knows very well about manga)
Une critique complète sur mon blog ...more
Denise
Aug 30, 2011 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A brilliant parody of Grimm's Fairytales. Kaori Yuki's amazing art + a hilarious new take on the wellknown stories = epic win. (And the clothes. Gotta love the clothes!)
78sunny
Oct 11, 2015 78sunny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gruselig, erschreckend, teilweise überaschende Wendungen
düstere Märchenadaptionen
mal etwas ganz anderes
4 von 5 Sterne
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 8
  • Last Quarter #2 (Last Quarter, #2)
  • Seimaden: Volume 1 (Seimaden, #1)
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 10
  • The Tyrant Falls In Love, Volume 3
  • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Volume 15
  • Alichino (Alichino, #1)
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...

Ludwig Revolution (4 books)
  • Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 2