Start by marking “I Spy Treasure Hunt: A Book of Picture Riddles” as Want to Read:
I Spy Treasure Hunt: A Book of Picture Riddles

I Spy Treasure Hunt: A Book of Picture Riddles (I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  950 ratings  ·  30 reviews
With 24 million copies sold, the bestselling I Spy series is being relaunched with new designs and foil covers.

This bestselling book features riddles that send readers searching for hidden objects in 12 photographs with treasure hunt themes.
Published October 1st 1999 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Treasure Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Treasure Hunt

Holleah
I am not a big fan of "I Spy" books mostly because I find them time consuming and frustrating when you can't find that last one on the list! This "I Spy" book, however, was great because everything was easy enough to find and I would love to have it in the classroom because it is great at occupying time. It is a little bit harder than some of the "I Spy" books meant for younger children so I would watch the age of students you give it to.
Regina Ajiboye
This book is great for ADHD children who may need to learn how to sit. Each page has wonderful realistic picture of things that needs to be found. Its an adventure on every page.
Keely Shannon
I love I Spy books because they help nurture a love of books even in children who don't love to read. I'm keeping a few in my classroom library to help bridge that gap!
Sagan
Kid's Review: "Look! It's a pirate map!" Had to renew this one at the library twice.
Tara Frye
I love I spy I always did. Those books were just so cool and I think it caused me to read more.
Cassandra
My toddler is a visual learner and loves all of the I Spy books. She always has one or two checked out from the library. They have been great vocabulary builders for her because there are so many items in the pictures that I would not otherwise think to show her. I do not usually read the text to her. We enjoy talking about what she sees, or I will randomly choose things to tell her I spy, and she looks for them. Sometimes, we will look for the items listed in the text together.
Dolly
Nov 14, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: older children and parents reading with them
This is another fairly typical book in the "I Spy" series. While the designs and pictures are very intricate in all of these books, most times they just creep me out. I must admit that I liked this book more than most in the series; it wasn't nearly as creepy as the one with the clowns (shudder!) But the items are hard to find for our girls, so they get frustrated easily. We end up picking out the items we like the best.
Catherine Woodman
I have four children and we own each " I spy " book. These books are truly our favorite and they are not just for the young. Each picture makes them think, explore, and problem solve all on their own in a very different way. Ethan had cancer as a kid and these books are amongst the things that got us through the series of hospitalizations over 18 months.
Restokes92
This is just another I Spy book where you are challenged to find what is being spied on. I would use this book in my classroom by putting it in the class library where students could read it for pleasure. I would not really use it in my classroom for any educational purpose.
Amy
I enjoy parousing through these I Spy books with my children. We all had some difficulty with this one and couldn't find all the hidden objects before it was due back at the library. Perhaps we will check it out again in the near future and give it another try.
Claire
This is a hidden-picture type book. G's great-grandmother got this for him. He is WAY too young for it, but he loves looking at the pictures and asking me about what he sees. The pictures are challenging even for me, so I'm sure older kids would enjoy this series.
Samantha
A collection of seek and find puzzles for school-agers with rhyming text and bonus challenges.

This title centers around a pirate theme. I really liked reading the notes from the author and photographer concerning how they made the book. Fascinating!
Anna
This is such a fun series, and this book is one of the better-executed entries in the series. All the images link together, leading the reader through a hunt for pirate treasure. Highly recommended for young readers, especially those who like puzzles.
Tessa Low
Awesome. This was one of my most-loved books from childhood, and till now the vague story still haunts me. And I still haven't managed to find that fifth duck! The scenes from every page are all so beautiful, so imaginative...love it.
Anna Motteler
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Tony Ehmke
The "I Spy" series will always be special to me. There is simply no better way to entertain your visual learners, as the wonderfully expansive pages allow for exploration and entertainment at the same time.
Shadow
A good game for kids to play.
Kirei
This is one of my favorite "I Spy" books so far. The photos tell a story of sorts. First you see the town, then the island, the treasure map, and finally the gold.
Ashley
Rhymes are always fun for anyone. For an "I Spy" book, it makes it more enjoyable than just listing: button, flag, house, blah blah blah.
Theresa
children love checking these out to search for pictures, its funny how many said they practiced their reading stills reading the words.
Carolyn
Always a favourite book to occupy children. One of Krysta's favourite "to-do" books when she was little.
Amber
I had a good time finding all the things in this book with Trenton. He's got quite the eye.
Alfajirikali
This one was fun! Had some really challanging pictures, also had some neat bonus objects to find.
Sheila Read
I loved looking at this book when I was a kid also my mom liked looking at it also
Jen
Loved the treasure hunt theme of all the pictures!
Jessie
I was so obsessed with I Spy all those years ago.
Sheng
Mary
great puzzle book to do together
AGV K
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly: A Play Rhyme
  • The Three Little Javelinas
  • Floss
  • People
  • Magic Eye 2: Now You See It... (Magic Eye, #2)
  • Biscuit Finds a Friend
  • I'm a Manatee
  • The Mud Pony
  • The Magic School Bus In The Haunted Museum: A Book About Sound
Jean Marzollo is the award-winning author of over 100 books for kids, including the I SPY series, Pierre the Penguin, Help Me Learn Numbers 0-20, Soccer Sam, Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Close Your Eyes, Mama Mama/Papa Papa, the Shanna Show books, and In 1776, as well as books for parents and teachers. She is the author/illustrator of Ten Little Christmas Presents, Ten Little Eggs, Bible sto ...more
More about Jean Marzollo...

I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • I Spy School Days: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • I Spy Extreme Challenger: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • I Spy Ultimate Challenger: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • I Spy Gold Challenger: A Book of Picture Riddles
I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles I Spy School Days: A Book of Picture Riddles I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles I Spy Spooky Night: A Book of Picture Riddles I Spy Fun House: A Book of Picture Riddles