Start by marking “Game of Hearts (Happily Ever After Company, #1)” as Want to Read:
Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)

Game of Hearts (The Happily Ever After Company #1)

3.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Not a hero. Not a villain. Just a man afraid to risk his heart…and hers.

The Happily Ever After Company, Book 1

Aengus Yates broke Suzannah Hennessy’s heart. Twice. As an eight-year-old, she entreated the handsome young rancher to wait. He laughingly rebuffed her and went on to marry his beautiful fiancée. When he abandoned his family years later, Suzannah should have felt j
Published September 1st 2000 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Game of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game of Hearts

Misfit
"Russell Braddock, founder of The Happily Ever After Company, always hopes his matches will result in flying sparks. But in this case they could ignite an inferno he can’t control."

The basic set up: Suzannah (Suzy) Hennessy and her BFF Megan sign on as mail-order brides. At least Megan has a groom waiting for her in California, Suzy's just along for the ride - she's too heartbroken over that dastardly Aengus. How did he break her heart? She proposed when she was eight and he turned her down and
Meg Kinch
For once, I'm at a loss as to how to rate a book, so I believe I will leave off of the star ratings. There were parts that were okay, good parts, really good parts, and then not so good parts. I didn't really care for the heroine at all. She had her moments, but overall she bugged the crap out of me. I did like the hero a great deal of the time and the secondary character Ben Steele was a favorite of mine along with the boys. Overall, it is a lighthearted read and is worth giving it a try, but s ...more
Christy
Nov 27, 2012 Christy rated it it was ok
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
I think I would have enjoyed the story more if the premise had been more honest. The premise implies a turbulent relationship that goes wrong between the hero and heroine. There was no relationship between them. The heroine carries on practically half the book about how the hero did her wrong; yet he didn't do a single thing to her. The imagined wrongs were all a result of her self righteous priggish attitude. She annoyed me and pretty much ruined the book.
Natalija
May 31, 2016 Natalija rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, dnf
DNF at 40%

Despite the fact that this book made me laugh on several occasions, I wasn't able to finish it. The biggest problem I had with it was the characters, especially female ones. I was taken aback by the lack of modesty and proper manners customary for young unmarried women in the time period the book is set in.

To summarize, I did not enjoy reading this book, nor would I recommend it to others.
Preeti C.
Nov 19, 2012 Preeti C. rated it liked it
A rather predictable romance, with humorous moments and irritating ones. The hero was fairly likable, but I liked Megan so much more than Suzannah, though both women were shockingly naive despite their difficult pasts. No real surprises anywhere in the story--the "revelations" were repeated so often as to become redundant.
Hannah
Dec 01, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed reading this. It was a nice light read.
I won't make the effort to read the rest of the series, but this is enjoyable as a stand-alone story. I personally loved the ending, it was the best part for me and it made me smile lots :)
Katelyn
Jan 14, 2013 Katelyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Susannah drove me crazy and there really wasn't much of a love story. There were just too many little stories trying to be shoved in to a book that should have been longer so it could be fleshed out more.
Teresa
Dec 02, 2013 Teresa rated it really liked it
It was a nice read. Not an OMG you have to read this book! Some times a little hokey. But it was well edited. That helps a lot in the long run.
Victoria Lovell
Dec 30, 2012 Victoria Lovell rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book. Wish it would have been a little longer with more gradual build in the relationships.
Yuki Noelle
Jan 27, 2013 Yuki Noelle rated it really liked it
liked it though the ending seemed to sudden.
Danielle Christon
Nov 29, 2012 Danielle Christon rated it liked it
A little slow in the beginning but picks up.
Measie Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2012 Kimberly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
11/26/12 - free on Kindle
Lindsay
Nov 15, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 11/15/2012
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Tandra Harris
Tandra Harris marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Chele
Chele marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Alison Masters
Alison Masters marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Karen.   Gabbadon
Karen. Gabbadon rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Mrs Yvonne Mcneil
Mrs Yvonne Mcneil rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
L Arbour
L Arbour rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
  • Hannah's Vow
  • Lakota Surrender
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • The Outlaw Takes a Wife (The Burnett Brides, #2)
  • Midnight Lover
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • To Wed A Wanton Woman (Montana Men, #2)
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Arrow to the Heart
  • Struck by Thunder (The Grandmaster's Legacy, #1)
  • The Last Honest Seamstress
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
  • Bewitched

The Happily Ever After Company (5 books)
  • Carried Away  (Happily Ever After Company, #2)
  • Meant To Be (Happily Ever After Company #3)
  • Night After Night (Happily Ever After Company, #4)
  • Fool Me Twice  (Happily Ever After Company, #5)