Start by marking “The Big Chill: The Great, Unreported Story of the Bush Inauguration Protest” as Want to Read:
The Big Chill: The Great, Unreported Story of the Bush Inauguration Protest

The Big Chill: The Great, Unreported Story of the Bush Inauguration Protest

What really happened in the 2000 Presidential election - and can it happen again?

It was the most tumultuous and uncertain transition of power in the history of the United States, and yet, to most Americans, what really happened in the 2000 presidential election remains unclear—something went wrong in Florida, but the Supreme Court cleared it up and then, er, everyone was h
Published August 15th 2005 by Melville House (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Chill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Chill

SmarterLilac
Jul 05, 2013 SmarterLilac rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I forget important books I've read. This came across my screen today while I was surfing Politico.com. It was one of those 'turning point' books for me--when I realized that we couldn't have the corrupt election process we do in this country without a complicit media. Lack of coverage of election fraud in 2000 got Corporate Media the Bush presidency, so why would it bother to cover the social fallout from that stolen election and illegally inaugurated 'leader'? Reading about media refu ...more
Edmund
Sep 15, 2008 Edmund rated it liked it
Chilling indeed. A sickening, but important, reminder of how badly the US has retreated from democracy and some of the ways in which the corporate media perpetrated a disservice to democracy during the scandalous "selection" of 2000 and the ways in which it continues to undermine the very values which it claims to uphold.
Melville House Publishing
Feb 11, 2008 Melville House Publishing rated it it was amazing
In THE BIG CHILL, Dennis Loy Johnson provides a gripping first person account of the enormous protest on inauguration day, which included scenes of violence and the most massive police and military presence ever in the capital—and yet went largely unreported.
Connor
Sep 18, 2007 Connor rated it it was amazing
A very quick read as it is really just an extended investigative article. Righteous, engaging, and furiously written account of the 2000 Inauguration as it actually happened. Less partisan than you would think, too.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Travis Hogbin
Travis Hogbin marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Jeff Musillo
Jeff Musillo rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Ben Shear
Ben Shear marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Quincy
Quincy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Joe Dimino
Joe Dimino rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
DJ
DJ rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2009
Ken McDouall
Ken McDouall rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2009
Myste
Myste rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2009
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2007