Start by marking “Charlie and Lola: Snow is My Favorite and My Best” as Want to Read:
Charlie and Lola: Snow is My Favorite and My Best

Charlie and Lola: Snow is My Favorite and My Best (Charlie & Lola)

The weatherman has predicted snow, and Lola absolutely cannot wait. She just loves snow. "Why can't it be winter ALL the time?" she asks her brother. But on an adventure to the Arctic, Charlie shows Lola why never-ending snow might not be so perfect for kids. How could Lola go swimming or wear her favorite stripe-y party dress if it were always cold? Once again, Lauren Chi ...more
Published October 5th 2006 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Charlie and Lola, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlie and Lola

Amy
Sep 09, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Sadly, imaginary friend Loren Sorenson doesn't show up in this one, but Charlie and Lola are kooky little kids all the same. Henry is fascinated by snow melting, by making a snow dog, by sledding, by being sad and then not, by the fact that Santa Claus doesn't have a phone, by the idea of liking something "best". Basically we can barely get through the text what with all of his questions and comments and poring over the pictures and skipping ahead. He would probably rate this one five stars.
Sep 19, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
I think this is a lovely book for EYS or KS1 children. The perspective is very much written from a child's and I think that it would be accessible for many children. The book is about Lola and her fascination and love of snow. She would like it to snow everyday but her very loveable brother Charlie helps Lola realise that it would not be as exciting or special if it was snowing everyday. He gives her many different scenarios and places of where it snows everyday and she soon realises that it sho ...more
Vivian
Jan 13, 2016 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
We LOVE sharing "Charlie & Lola" stories in our library story times. We have two performers -- one who takes Charlie's part and one who takes Lola's part.

I gotta say, the pre-school age children don't get the page where Charlie and Lola are pictured upside down while standing in Antarctica. The children kept prompting us to turn the book the other way.
RC
Jan 12, 2015 RC rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Lola: Snow is My Favorite and My Best is a creative, fun story about a brother and sister waiting for the first snow. Written from the children's perspective the story describes Lola's love of snow and her disappointment when it melts. Charlie explains why snow melts and why, ultimately, it is a good thing. This is a great read for explaining snow and for helping children through seasonal changes. It is also a great example of siblings getting along. The pictures flow with the text, ...more
Cik Aini
Oct 21, 2011 Cik Aini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011, children
Read aloud session with my kid and he loves it!
Latosha Finch
Apr 07, 2014 Latosha Finch rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-weather
This story is about a boy and his sister. His sister's loves snow. She anticipates the snow arriving because the weather man said it would snow. It does snow. Lola goes outside with her family to play in the snow. The next day, the snow is gone. Lola is very sad. This book can be used to discuss snow. Students can write about their experiences with snow and what they do when it snows. Do they go outside and play on a sled as Lola did or do they remain inside and look at the snow.
Sara
Sep 12, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
The style and the way this book is written make the book unique. At one point, the picture was upside down, but the letters remained the same; at another point, the written text was in loops around the smaller pictures. The story of these siblings and about how much Lola loves snow days is endearing and very innocent. Lola does not understand why it cannot snow everyday. Therefore, her older brother has to explain to her, by using different examples, that if it snowed everyday, then snow wouldn’ ...more
Heidi-Marie
Kids love Charlie and Lola. Maybe it is the format of the illustrations? Worth a try in the winter theme I'm preparing.

1/22/14: Doesn't matter if the book is long or has spots that are "slow." The kids love Charlie and Lola, so they loved the book. And their favorite part was the dog buried in the snow, and the upside down Antarctic part. I think the kids were loving the books and themes, because by this part, most of them were right at my feet. One was even playing with my skirt....
Kimberly
Feb 25, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I LOVE Charlie and Lola, and so do my kids. This is a fun book about a Lola's anticipation of the possibility of snow. And snow it did. We love snow just as much as Lola. We enjoyed this book.
babyhippoface
Mar 14, 2008 babyhippoface rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: PreK-2nd graders
After a day spent playing in the snow, Lola is saddened to see that the snow has all melted by the next morning, and she wishes it would snow every day. On an imaginary trip to the Arctic to see polar bears, then to down to the Antarctic to meet some penguins, patient and wise big brother Charlie helps Lola understand why having a blanket of snow every day wouldn't be as wonderful as she thinks it would.

Child's signature collage illustrations add a tremendous sense of energy to each page. While
Charlotte
Oct 31, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic C&L book. Picked up at the library this week. My wee boy loves this series. Fun stories with beautiful artwork.
Anjanette Wold
My kids love Charlie and Lola... I'm not good with a British accent but I do my best.
Benji Martin
Feb 07, 2014 Benji Martin rated it liked it
This one is OK, just not up to the usual Charlie and Lola standards, at least for me.
Kaethe
Jul 14, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
April 05 2009

This one, we love.
Josiah
Dec 06, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
I really like this book very much. In general, I prefer the original Charlie & Lola picture books that were written by Lauren Child, but this television adaptation is, in my view, just about as good as those Lauren Child originals.
The sense of wonder that Lola has in eagerly watching for the appearance of the year's first snow is exciting, and easy to identify with by all of us who have felt similar happiness in waiting for snow. I love the eupeptic joy that is always Lola's voice, and thi
Lola
Apr 18, 2016 Lola rated it it was amazing
I love Charlie and lola
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Honestly, I didn't think this was one of the better Charlie and Lola books. It's based on one of the TV programmes as opposed to being a Lauren Child original and it feels a bit phoned-in. In it, Charlie and Lola are looking forward to snow coming. Predictably, Lola gets all over-excited and Charlie has to talk some sense into her.

Even though I didn't think this one was brilliant, my daughter did so it's probably still worth a look!
Natalie  Sapkarov Harvey
The kids love the Charlie and Lola books. Apparently, they were on TV first? I don't really know. This story was a bit long for my taste and lacked focus. I think it could have ended after the day in the snow, but it went on to add places to visit where it snows all the time. If it wasn't for my voices and expressive reading, my kindergartners would have been bored. But they seemed to like it enough.
Danielle Desmarais
Sep 26, 2012 Danielle Desmarais rated it it was amazing
-Found many more Lauren Child's 'Charlie and Lola' series books that I love!
-Again very exciting illustrations and text.
This time Lola is telling Charlie why she is so excited for it to snow.
-She talk about fun things to do in the snow and what happens during the winter months.
-I think it would be very entertaining for all children.

-2nd Grade reading level
Puppy Love
Aug 19, 2011 Puppy Love rated it really liked it
My little 6 year old sis LOVES this book. She is addicted to Charlie and lola at the moment and she reads the books (well i read them for her because she can't read yet) and watches the shows! I ask her 'What is your favourite Charlie and Lola book?' and she says 'THE SNOW ONE!' ha ha ha. So I read it one day and actually liked it and i am 4 years older than her!
Marisa
Jan 15, 2010 Marisa rated it really liked it
Charlie and Lola are two of my favorite characters. I like the writing style of the author and I love the positive, nurturing relationship between siblings. They are also creative and bright and no potty humor. Fun books to read and fun show to watch (Disney Channel). Each book/episode manages to slip a little non-fiction in there as well.
Jan 01, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
This is quite a cute little book. I love how Lola talks, she jumbles up her words and mixes up meanings, but she still manages to get her point across. I thought this book was sweet and would recommend it.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Jennifer Johnson
Jul 09, 2013 Jennifer Johnson rated it it was amazing
Lauren Child is brilliant. But I might not treasure these books so much if I hadn't fallen in love with the Charlie and Lola characters and voices on Playhouse Disney first. My husband is English so my children are extra smitten. The decoupage illustrations and whimsical font and format make this series so unique.
Dolly
Apr 09, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls just adore the Charlie and Lola books created by Lauren Child and this is a fun story to read aloud with them. You just have to read it with an English accent!
Hannah
Jun 06, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This would be a good book for teaching about adjectives. The lesson is that, while snow is fun, you wouldn't want snow all the time because there's good things about summer too. A good story, but not that exciting. I may be biased, though, because I dislike snow.
Alamoliz
Aug 01, 2008 Alamoliz rated it really liked it
A great Charlie and Lola addition to the collection. Having to wait for snow, and then playing in it, and then experiencing its loss, the two also go on an imaginary trip to the Arctic and Antarctic where it is snow always, and Lola decides that it is better at home.
Sam
Apr 29, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-310
An interesting story about a girl who absolutely loves snow! It would be a good for Minnesota classrooms due to the amount of snow we get! The illustrations are creative and intriguing! I would recommend this book for any elementary students.
Marlee
Dec 12, 2013 Marlee rated it really liked it
Fun, easy, quick, and funny. Charlie and Lola books are always a lot of fun. The characters are fun. Lola especially is fun to read about. Great for young children. My children, ages 6 and 9 really enjoyed this book.
Tapani Aulu
Hienoa leikekirjamaista taidetta. Ilmeisesti nämä Samu ja Salla -jutut ovat tuttuja TV:stä. Toistaiseksi ei ole vielä tullut vastaan.
Relyn
May 28, 2015 Relyn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: Lauren Child
Shelves: lawsonland
Classroom Connection
Terrific read aloud. I use this on our first late start day when we drop everything and read snowy books, learn about Snowflake Bentley, learn to cut paper snowflakes, and drink cocoa.
  • I Can Do Anything That's Everything All On My Own
  • Cat the Cat, Who is That?
  • All You Need for a Snowman
  • Snowmen All Year
  • Snow
  • Snow
  • Josephine Wants to Dance
  • Animals in Winter (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science. Stage 1)
  • Our Tree Named Steve
  • Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink
  • Max's ABC
  • Plant a Kiss
  • Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
42016
Lauren Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, where Lauren admits that she did not learn much, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which caree ...more
More about Lauren Child...

Charlie & Lola (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato