Start by marking “The Fire and the Light” as Want to Read:
The Fire and the Light

The Fire and the Light (Souls of Aredyrah #1)

The Fire and the Light begins the saga of two boys from opposing cultures who meet and discover some unwelcome truths: not only are they bound by blood and prophecy, but their differing beliefs are founded on similar lies. Both boys want nothing more than to live normal lives, but their chance meeting sets them on a path of danger, discovery, and some difficult choices. If ...more
Published September 15th 2006 by Ruadora Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Fire and the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fire and the Light

Wendy C
Jun 20, 2013 Wendy C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fire and the Light by Tracy A. Akers Book One of the Souls of Aredyrah Series (Souls of Aredyrah #1)

^SPOILERS AHEAD^

The Fire and the Light by Tracy A. Akers is a book about a prince and a boy who look very different from others in their respective cultures and all they want is to be seen like everyone else. In the beginning, Dayn of Kirador, is being chased by a gang of boys because he was speaking with their leaders (Sheireadan) sister, Falyn. Sheireadan always bullies Dayn because he lo
Alexandra
Jul 26, 2014 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me awhile to first read this book because I wasn't sure if it was quite for me. Awhile ago I picked it up and read the first few pages but put it down. Thankfully though I picked it back up again this summer. This is the story about a whole other world in which two countries are separated by mountains. The countries don't know about each other, or at least the general population doesn't. The viewpoint switches around the two main characters. This book is about the changes that happen thr ...more
Coyora Dokusho
Jul 17, 2013 Coyora Dokusho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. (i.e. DESTINY wants me to read this book.)

Reminiscent of authors:

Stats: Multiple viewpoints, all third person

Tags:

I'm going to update my review as I read the book!! Why? Because it's fun~

08/24/2013 8:59 PM

I gotta say, I can see how avoiding my homework will lead to more First Reads books getting reviewed. It's a quick, easy read so far, gotta say I rolled my eyes a couple of time
Jasmine
Jun 20, 2013 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
At first I was timid to read the book, since it started off as any normal medieval magical realm book would, but slowly as the book went on I became hooked. The character development was not what I expected, and each character, even some of the minor ones developed in ways that I did not expect. Plus the plot took you in different directions, not realizing who they were actually talking about, and then turning to be another one. Overall, a wonderful book, and I can't wait to get my hands on the ...more
Darby Karchut
Aug 11, 2012 Darby Karchut rated it really liked it
What a terrific book for any middle school or young teen! Great world building and a cast of characters that were so real, they kept talking to me even after I closed the book. My favorite character was Dayn. He was the perfect combination of confused teen and reluctant hero. However, I also really enjoyed Ruairi's snarky attitude (not without just cause), too.

I can see why this book (the first in a series) has won so many awards! I recommend this for anyone who enjoys high fantasy with some roc
Lakisha
Nov 17, 2013 Lakisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm all about descriptions and this book is full of them. Not to the point where you feel like you're being told everything. The flow of the narrative as well as the characters (flawed and very believable) made this an enjoyable read.

I would recommend this book to young adults and adults alike. I didn't feel like the author just slapped a story together and put it out there. The storyline was well done and I would definitely be willing to read more books in this series.
Michaela
Nov 16, 2014 Michaela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well defined and from the start I wanted to learn more and see what happened to them. The story flows well and I found myself being taken on a journey that a lot of people can relate to. The descriptions bring the places to life while not taking from the characters. I would definitely recommend this book and can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Sabrina
Oct 12, 2016 Sabrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I met the author(Tracy A. Akers) at a reading fair. She signed my copy but, I only got one book(because of mom). I can't wait to read more. I have fallen in love with this book. It meets all of the areas I love to read and I connect to some of the characters, I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Now, to find the rest of the books.....
Angie Ballard
Nov 26, 2014 Angie Ballard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read.

Loved this book, about to start book 2. Very well written. Kept my attention from the first page to the last.
Melanie
Apr 18, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
An engaging page turner, you won't want to put this one down. I loved it as an adult reader with a young heart. My two teens, a boy and girl, both devoured it.
Harriet T
Harriet T rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2012
nya pattillo
nya pattillo rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Indie Hoopla
Indie Hoopla rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Eilidh Collins
Eilidh Collins rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Nathalia Green
Nathalia Green rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Tim Wallace
Tim Wallace rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2015
alicia croy
alicia croy rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Harold Goldstein
Harold Goldstein rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2012
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Maria
Maria rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Pati Cain
Pati Cain rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Michelle Pauley
Michelle Pauley rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Mia Pich
Mia Pich rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
karen bridges
karen bridges rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Silver Diamond 6
  • Flight in Yiktor (Moon Magic, #3)
  • Midnight Revelations (Werelove #2)
  • Serendipity Market
  • Love in the Mask (Love in the Mask, #28)
  • Stolen Voices
  • Vermonia #2: Call of the Winged Panther
  • Pagan in Exile (Pagan Chronicles, #2)
  • Angels on Fire
  • DearS, Vol. 1
  • Odder Than Ever (Bruce Coville's Short Stories, #2)
  • Universe: The Edge of Tomorrow
  • Countdown 'til Daddy Comes Home
  • Shadow of the Piper
  • Mers
  • The Carnival of the Animals
  • Vanished Tales
Tracy A. Akers is an award-winning fantasy author who makes her home in the rolling hills of Pasco County, Florida. Like her favorite Hobbit, she lives at the base of a hill, (the tallest one in the county, in fact) and can frequently be found there, spinning tales of fantastic beings and lost realms.
More about Tracy A. Akers...

Souls of Aredyrah (4 books)
  • The Search for the Unnamed One (Souls of Aredyrah, #2)
  • The Taking of the Dawn (Souls of Aredyrah, #3)
  • The Shifting of the Stars (Souls of Aredyrah, #4)