Start by marking “Resting in the Bosom of the Lamb” as Want to Read:
Resting in the Bosom of the Lamb

Resting in the Bosom of the Lamb

Tells the story of two nearly forgotten secrets and the elderly, Southern women whose lives have been governed by the secrets for over fifty years.
Published February 1st 2000 by Baker Publishing Group (MI) (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Resting in the Bosom of the Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resting in the Bosom of the Lamb

Jen
Apr 20, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it
I REALLY like this author. She has one other book I will excited to read. This is a great story about family and what makes a family. Great, strong characters. Some very insightful thoughts into the whole family dynamic and life.
Gina
Sep 12, 2013 Gina rated it liked it
First off, I've always loved books about the South. I was excited to read this book and thought it would be no exception. Well, I was a little disappointed. I loved the familiar southern "language" of the book, and the down-home country feel of it. I thought it had a good storyline and great characters, but my 3 stars came into play because of the way the book incessantly dragged. I would've liked seeing more character development for Wynona and Lauralee. I must have quit this book at least 3 ti ...more
Mandy
Apr 01, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
A tender, heart-warming - and sometimes heart-rending - book about a group of southern women, who together find the grace and courage to live their lives, help each other and face their tragedies. Very well-written and plotted, with little pointers all the way through hinting at what has gone before. Stories abound in their world, stories of love and loss and loyalty. There’s an old- fashioned feel to the book, but that’s not a criticism. The sights and sounds and smells of the American south ar ...more
Darlene
A totally delightful book of southern women, both blacks and whites living together and sharing secrets from the past. I really enjoyed this book as sometimes you could not even tell who was black and who was white.
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I can sum this book up in three sentences. 1)Augusta Trobaugh is a wonderful writer. 2)This book is amazing from the first page to the final words. 3) If you read it, you won't be disappointed. Well, and one more sentence...Fantastic book!
Michelle
Dec 27, 2010 Michelle marked it as to-read
rec. in Honey. Eccentric cast of characters--4 women sharing a house, a past, and a secret. Good writing style.
Sandra
Aug 01, 2009 Sandra rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
I started this today so not very far yet. I've read other books by this author and liked them alot. My reading right now is limited due to the process of getting ready to move.
Lora
Lora rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2011
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2011
Deidre
Deidre rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Janell West
Janell West rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Arlene
Aug 02, 2013 Arlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
Another great book by Augusta Trobaugh. She catches the voice of the south so effortlessly!
Deby
Deby rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Dianne Hopkins
Dianne Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2008
Lucy Frohn
Lucy Frohn rated it it was ok
May 16, 2011
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Royath Cutwright
Royath Cutwright rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Cheryl Jetmore
Cheryl Jetmore rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2014
Marshawc
Marshawc rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2011
NancyL Luckey
NancyL Luckey rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2009
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Marty Elrod
Marty Elrod rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2010
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Marguerite
Marguerite rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012