Start by marking “Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book

Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Who's under the hat? Is that you? PEEK-A-BOO! I see you!

This adorable book with fun, interactive flaps begs the youngest and eldest of readers to play along! The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps are perfect for parents and children to share.

Look for other Karen Katz books at your favorite store!
Board Book, 14 pages
Published June 5th 2007 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Peek-a-Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peek-a-Baby

Tisha
Emerson and Finlay like the book. I'm not a hug fan of the story (kind of boring), but the pictures are great. I wish they would make the flaps a little more durable.
Rachael Ricker (Myers)
I love the Brooklyn Public Library! Lately my son has enjoyed playing peek-a-boo so I put this title on hold and checked it out of the library but I realized when I got home that several of the flaps were missing which sorta defeats the fun of peek-a-boo :) Our local library often gives babies and kids free books when they attend story time and since we are there every day we have amassed a small library of books from this program. Anyway I was so thrilled when they gave us a brand new copy of t ...more
Lisa
I'm not sure if we liked this or not because most of the flaps were missing... And the beach ball was taped back in where the teddy bear should be. Come on Children's Library! Fix it, toss it, or replace.
Chels
My kids LOVE this book!
Saby
Apr 22, 2011 Saby rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Babies who can't hold their own books
Shelves: a-mama-s-review, 2011
Originality: 4
Illustrations: 5
Story: 4
BooBoo: 2

I think this is a fun book. But it's the very gimmick of this book that makes it inappropriate for little ones. This book has pop-up and movable pages. This is fun when you are reading to a child. It is not fun for the parent of a child who can easily destroy such a book. Once children are old enough to hold their own books they have a tendency to accidentally rip pages. That's why board books are ideal and books with pop-ups and flaps are not.

Libby
Mar 05, 2013 Libby is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This lift-the-flap, interactive picture book is age appropriate for children, 0-12 months, who enjoy playing activities. Play activities, as well as reading and talking, engage both baby’s senses and body to nurture the literacy, social and emotional development of the baby. As ¡Cu-cú, Bebé!: Un Libro de Solapas Interactivas y Divertidas is read, the child’s phonological awareness and narrative skills are promoted with each interaction and the use of hand motions.
Kandice
Once again, Katz captures Mackers' heart with "Boo-Peek" (as he calls it). This book has colourful illustrations of babies hiding behind/under common objects. Toddlers can actively participate by not only turning the pages, but also lifting the flaps. Unfortunately, the flimsy flaps can be easily torn off so supervision is recommended.
Stephanie
My 5 month-old LOVES this book. She kicks her legs and gets so excited if she so much as sees it. She gets cranky and cries sometimes when I try to put it away. She loves reaching for the flaps that are hiding the babies underneath. Great for any baby who loves peek-a-boo.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
not quite as good for Emma right now. but I know she'll like it as she gets older.

update for Emma, you can totally tell that they do peek a boo at primrose. she giggled and lifted her hands to her face every time I said peek a boo to her. may, 2013
Shannon
one of my son's favorite books. i love it too. it's interactive...baby faces are hidden behind objects that lift up as flaps. each time i lift up the flap and say "peek-a-boo!" my son starts squealing. :) priceless.
bubblebee
Another book read before bedtime. Nat smiles when he sees the baby faces. It's like he's literally playing Peek-a-boo with them. A baisc lift the flap book for little ones.
Camie
My husband hates this book, but my son loves it, so that's all that matters. I love how suspenseful it is. I never know who's hiding under the hat or behind the umbrella...
Hope
This is Georgia's favorite bedtime book. She is almost 8 months and knows that there are little faces hiding behind the flaps in the book. She cracks up when I say, "Peek-a-Boo."
Robert
This is a simple flip book. The images are big, bold and colorful. Little ones enjoy lifting the flaps on every other page. This is a peek-a-boo book.

Cute.
Karen Katz knocks it out of the park again. Read it cover to cover in just minutes! Peek-a-baby is a phrase you'll still here at our house.
Mallory Hall
I believe the record on this book for consecutive reads is currently held by husband at 13. And that is with two of the flaps missing.
Samantha
A perfect storytime book for the very littlest ones! Inventive lift the flap scenarios make for a satisfying peek-a-boo board book!
Abbi Dion
Supes cute. Fun to read out loud, makes baby Linnea (4 mos) giggle/cough/make a noise of some variety.
Melissa
Great for babies as they peek through colorful pictures to identify different children.
Margarita
One of my daughter's favourites!
Amy
Great for baby & toddler peek-a-boo!
Aspasia
This made my son giggle.
Gwen
SHOW CUWET!
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Sirisha
Sirisha marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Piper
Piper added it
Jan 11, 2015
Parvin
Parvin marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose!: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Clap Hands
  • Daddy Kisses
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Big Fat Hen
  • All of Baby, Nose to Toes
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
  • Global Babies
  • This Little Chick
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • That's Not My Monkey...
  • Here Are My Hands
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • Tails
  • Toot
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...
Where Is Baby's Belly Button? Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book The Colors of Us Daddy Hugs A Potty for Me!