Start by marking “Child Possessed” as Want to Read:
Child Possessed

Child Possessed

Published (first published January 1st 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Child Possessed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Child Possessed

Sabrina Rutter
This book is quite unlike any other I have read on the topic of possession and exorcism. usually when one thinks of exorcism they think of a priest coming in to cast out demons, but that's not always how intruding spirits are cast out. Many cultures have their own rituals for curing one of possession, but the way in which the intruding spirits were dealt with in this supposedly true story is one I would have never imagined.

Mary Roff was the daughter of Asa, and Ann Roff. Asa had been one of the
Lee
Sep 04, 2014 Lee rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I stumbled on this book and ordered it whilst not knowing much about it, when I received it I realised it was by David St.Clair (author of the devil rocked her cradle) I was pretty pleased by this as I have been meaning to read some more of his books.

I have to say that it was not what I was really expecting, It is not your average tale of possession and casting out demons from a young girls body, whilst the book does have its fair share of that there is a lot more to it, I thoroughly enjoyed it
Mark Matthews
Sep 12, 2012 Mark Matthews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, it may not be fair to give a review, but here I go. I was just sitting here trying to remember one of the first books I read for fun. Not the books that made a life impression on me, you know, like the Catchers in The Ryes and Walden's, but the fun, "oh my gosh I can't wait to read this tonight" and this book came to mind. So good to see it still has the same cover. But this book left an impression on me, was creepily wonderfuly and suspenseful and I gobbled it up. Good stuff.
Geneva Scorah
Nov 24, 2014 Geneva Scorah rated it it was amazing
This book was very unexpecting, I thought it was going to be a really gruesome story of 2 possessed girls but was pleasantly surprised by the actual story. It was such a good read as there was never a dull moment, there was always something happening that was exciting. Overall I loved this book and would happily read it again, which I look forward to doing in the future.
Joy Allen
Jun 17, 2016 Joy Allen rated it it was amazing
I first read this book at about 13 years old , it fascinated me then and it still does . A true story of possession of 2 young girls 13 years apart . If you have any interest in the paranormal I would urge you to read it .
Abigail Patrick
Abigail Patrick rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Amelia Bagwell
Amelia Bagwell rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Osiris Oliphant
Osiris Oliphant rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Graeme Waterson
Graeme Waterson rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2014
Becky Mcmillan
Becky Mcmillan rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Lovemybaby
Lovemybaby rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2010
Karen Metcalfe
Karen Metcalfe rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Sarah Burke
Sarah Burke rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2008
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Tris
Tris rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Ayla
Ayla rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Mathew
Mathew rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Georgina Merry
Georgina Merry rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Michelle Partington
Michelle Partington rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Andrina
Andrina rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Daphne Jacq
Daphne Jacq rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Vivian Jackson
Vivian Jackson rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
Annabel
Annabel rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Shresthadatta
Shresthadatta rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2012
Fiona
Fiona rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2012