Start by marking “Convictions ” as Want to Read:
Convictions

Convictions

Ever since she was brutally assaulted, ADA Olivia Kincaid has had trouble trusting men, until she finds herself inexplicably attracted to a convicted criminal from her father's prison work release program. But when a local woman is murdered, she must decide whether to trust her head or her heart.
Published October 4th 2005 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Convictions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Convictions

jenjn79
Robin
Jul 27, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
When a brutal assault nearly took her life, Assistant District Attorney Olivia Kincaid retreated to her father's Colorado ranch hoping to finally feel safe. But she doesn't feel safe when she finds out that her father has created a work-release program for convicted felons on his ranch. Six years ago, Hank Elliott was imprisoned for a crime he says he didn't commit. Olivia has heard that story from countless criminals. Still, something about him makes her want to believe him. But when a woman is ...more
Nicola
Mar 21, 2012 Nicola rated it really liked it
Well done McKade, you kept me guessing until the end. It was one of those mysteries I thought I knew the answer to, only to discover a reason why I had to be wrong. Despite not guessing, it was "slap your head" obvious when the truth came out (the murderer was ruled out by me early on, but made a lot of sense).
I found most of the characters intriguing and likable. I did find Olivia a bit whiny and wimpy, but perhaps a greater understanding of her "horrible attack" would have changed that. Charac
Val
Jul 16, 2012 Val rated it liked it

I actually would give this one 3-1/2 stars. It's very I'm-about-sure but our heroine has some gumption and the murder mystery is decent.
Bob
Jan 29, 2012 Bob rated it really liked it
While the writing is not really 4 star caliber, it gets 4 stars anyway for an interesting and somewhat convoluted plot. Olivia's character was handled very well. I thought Hank was a little superficial, but at least not as obnoxious as many current writers are making their male leads.
Pamela(AllHoney)
I didn't see that coming. I had no idea "whodunit" until the end. I just kept hoping it wasn't this person or the other. I liked the story and felt it moved at a good pace.
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Willowsweetcharm Brusletten
Willowsweetcharm Brusletten rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2012
Denise & Julie
Denise & Julie rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Evelyn M
Evelyn M rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2010
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Marishka
Marishka rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Mrs Pauline
Mrs Pauline rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2013
Tine
Tine rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Turkey
Turkey rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2008
Jeanne Griffith
Jeanne Griffith rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
P
P rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2010
dolores baker
dolores baker rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Wanao
Wanao rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Lindsey Ruppe
Lindsey Ruppe rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Katrina Erickson
Katrina Erickson rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Laura rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2013
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Priya
Priya rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Madison Mega-Mara...: Convictions 1 3 Jul 16, 2012 05:06PM
Maureen McKade has been making up stories since the moment she learned to read, write and string sentences together. Her first book, "Winter Hearts", published in 1997 was a finalist in the Romance Writers of America's (RWA) Golden Heart contest, then a finalist in RWA's RITA for best first book. Since then, she's written thirteen more books and a short story for an anthology.

She taught middle sch
More about Maureen McKade...