Start by marking “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Graphic Revolve)” as Want to Read:
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Graphic Revolve)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Graphic Revolve)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Scientist Pierre Aronnax and his trusty servant set sail to hunt a sea monster. With help from the worlds greatest harpooner, the men discover that the creature is really a high tech submarine with a mysterious leader, Captain Nemo.
Published January 1st 2008 by Stone Arch Books

To ask other readers questions about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Sonya Huser
A lot of the kids at the school love this graphic novel series. I'm all about graphic novels as an original vehicle for telling a story but trying to condense 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea into 60 pages of mostly pictures...well, it sucked. I don't know the original story very well but this one didn't even make sense most of the time and I assume that's because of everything that gets left out and not because Jules Verne was a crappy storyteller.
I'd still like to read the original some day. And
Jackie
This is a not especially exciting retelling of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I really like the character designs, but the art is sometimes a little off. The pace is rushed, as the author tries to fit in all the events of the original novel without leaving any time to show them (Atlantis gets one panel!). I do have to give points for including Conseil, who gets left out of most adaptations. I'm also a little disappointed that Captain Nemo is once again portrayed as white; he's revealed as an Indi ...more
Jeremiah Lee
Nothing particularly awesome, such a condensed version that I'm not sure it really captures the wonder of the story. The art is good, the characters are interesting. I'm just not sure it gets enough of the entire story to make it worthwhile.
Eva
Good read for a grade 5 or 6 student for a gentle introduction to a classic. Bright vivid art. Includes discussions questions, writing prompts, and a short history on submarines at the end.
Wendy
Basic classic tale in simple graphic novel form. I haven't ever read the original and I thought this would be a nice little version. It was super simplified.
Mari Anne
Super condensed graphic novel version...seemed really thin and light on plot. Okay but not great.
Joshua
anbody should read this book
emily
oh my goodness this was AWFUL
Akrabar
Akrabar marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
icing pedrina
icing pedrina marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Dishank D
Dishank D marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Graphic Revolve (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Anna Sewell's Black Beauty : the graphic novel
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Graphic Novel)
  • Dracula (Graphic Revolve) (Graphic Fiction: Graphic Revolve)
  • The Swiss Family Robinson (Graphic Revolve)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Graphic Revolve)
  • The Time Machine (Graphic Novel)
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Robin Hood
The Murders in the Rue Morgue A Day Dark as Night Silent Striders & Black Furies Silver Fang & Glass Walkers The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde