Start by marking “Down Buttermilk Lane” as Want to Read:
Down Buttermilk Lane

Down Buttermilk Lane

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An Amish family, traveling by buggy, spends a day doing errands in the village, visiting, and returning home in time for supper.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published December 31st 1993 by Lothrop, Lee and Shepard Books (first published October 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Down Buttermilk Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down Buttermilk Lane

Matthew
Beautiful pictures.
Rowena
An evocative story of a simple day in the life of an Amish family. Bought for me by my parents in Intercourse USA, back in 98/99 (if memory serves correctly). Gloriously coloured illustrations, full of details, coupled with lovely words. Good for adults and children.
Abigail
Really liked the depiction of the Amish. Very positive. The pictures were realistic and very detailed. Only questionable part: some of the older men were playing checkers, and I've heard that the Amish do not play games like that because they frown on competition.
Jenny
We love this book. I wish all children's books were so beautiful. A day's visit into town for one Amish family.
Vanessa
This book was an okay book on just the amish life in PA.
Frank
Frank added it
Jan 04, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Marlo
Marlo added it
Nov 04, 2014
Michele Wisdom
Michele Wisdom marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2012
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2011
Haley
Haley added it
Dec 23, 2010
Shoes for Everyone: A Story about Jan Matzeliger (Creative Minds Biography) A Pocketful of Goobers: A Story about George Washington Carver The Big Book of HR We'll Race You Henry: A Story About Henry Ford (Carolrhoda Creative Minds Series) Cornstalks and Cannonballs (On My Own Books)