Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  29 reviews
What are the secrets behind the creation of Larry David's hit show?
Fans can finally find out with this long-awaited
companion guide to the Golden Globe- and Emmy®
Award- winning series.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book is complete with stories about Larry David's childhood, his roots as a stand-up comic, and his various writing jobs before the breakthrough of Seinfeld. Read...more
Published October 19th 2006 by Gotham (first published January 1st 2006)

Ryan Werner
While complete in aspects related to basic documentation of episode information, this guide to Curb Your Enthusiasm is lacking features that are exclusive to itself.

Larry David’s popular HBO original series Curb Your Enthusiasm had amassed a devoted following as of the publication of Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book (Gotham, ISBN: 1592402305, 2006). While the cutting edge nature of the show allows improvisation to take the lead in forming humorous situations, the guide to the show would have great...more
Adam K
Mar 16, 2009 Adam K added it
I'll take any scrap of insight into how Larry David's comedic mind works (I wish he'd do a book like Steve Martin's "Born Standing Up", but, at the same time, I think David is a lot more instinctual than Martin was), and this had enough good stories to sit me down and read it from cover to cover.

It's got a little bit of everything: some behind the scenes stuff, some background on David's life, some scene synopses which the cast worked from, information where things were filmed (I know for a fac...more
Shawn
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. An excellent coffee table book, marred only by the fact that it doesn't actually turn into a coffee table. A very revealing look inside the delicate genius that is LD and his chosen cohorts. This book is far more interesting than all the Seinfeld lit that I possess, because it actually takes you through the creative process, from all perspectives. Very highly recommended to those who Cantstandya!
Rory
I adore this show, and the book was a hoot, too. It was a bit IMDB-y, with every episode's whole cast and synapsis and trivia, but it also had insights into the incredible improv process involved. What it didn't have was the final season, since HBO surprisingly brought it back for a sixth (and re-ended it in the most brilliant way).
Chris
Dec 23, 2008 Chris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Chris by: Peter
Usually books made to accompany TV shows are about as interesting as the action figures McDonalds makes to accompany movies. This one, however, is good. Pretty, pretty good (sorry, couldn't resist). If you like the show, it's worth checking this book out. If you don't like the show...well, then you have no sense of humor.
HeavyReader
Jun 21, 2007 HeavyReader rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: obsessive fans of the HBO program Curb Your Enthusiasm and/or fans of Larry David
Shelves: funny, television
This book is really for people who are already obssessed with the television program. People like me.

A summary for each episode is given, along with lots of trivia and biographical information about the stars of the show, espeically Larry David.

If you like watching the show on HBO, check out this book!
Hedlun
Much like the show, just the general outline of situations and a quote from Larry here and there was enough to make me laugh out loud. The behind the scenes trivia was very interesting, too. I think Stephanie was disturbed at the number of times I pointed out similarities between myself and Larry David.
Andrew
I am a huge Curb your Enthusiasm (series on HBO) fan and i loved learning about the behind the scenese details of the show. The book also provides excellent interview with the cast members. A must-read for any Curb Your Enthusiam fan.
Michael
For any fan of Curb your Enthusiasm and/or Larry David, this is a nice companion for the show. Relive all the fantastic/awkward moments from the show in great full color detail up to Season 5.
Maria
Jul 29, 2011 Maria added it
Nice book with some great information on the show and all of its characters. Some great pictures and behind the scenes stuff to look at . It is a must for fans of the tv series!
Justin
I love CYE and 5 seasons worth of anecdotes, fables, and descriptions make this a fun read whenever I'm in the mood to read but nothing else strikes my fancy.
Jan
I love Curb Your Enthusiasm and I love this book. Everything you wanted to know about each episode but were afraid to ask!
Steven Pilling

Well read this if not on the toilet but between tasks.

Didnt add anything to my enjoyment of Curb but it is enjoyable.
Barbara
Funnier than I would have expected from a book about TV. Larry David is my boyfriend.
Vy Nguyen
Loved it, very funny, lots of laugh out loud moments, show is the best!
Jack
Very enjoyable. A number of the anecdotes made me laugh aloud.
Edwin Arnaudin
Pretty much the most fun you can have with a book.
Kate Casey
A great coffee table book if you love the show.
Richard
A coffee table book...not about coffee tables!
Mr. Steve
Hilarious! Larry David is a wacko!
Jason Smith
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good
Mr. B
A bible for the best show ever made.
Matthew
A must-read for fans of the show.
erin
Jan 03, 2007 erin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone with a brain
it doesn't get any better than this
Cool
Not what I expected at all.
Kevin
Feb 09, 2008 Kevin marked it as to-read
LD is a comedic genius.
Cynthia
Love the show. Love the book.
Emily
Mar 17, 2008 Emily is currently reading it
as i'm making my way through this series i'm supplementing it with this reading
Love it!
The Complete Organic Pregnancy By Deirdre Dolan - Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book