Start by marking “A Woman's Heart” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Heart

A Woman's Heart

Discover the parallels of the Tabernacle s building and your life as a chosen vessel of God. (View a diagram of the Tabernacle.)
While the title is familiar, the content for this in-depth video teaching series is all new and rich in detail.

Taken primarily from the Book of Exodus, A Woman s Heart: God s Dwelling Place by Beth Moore will take you on a fascinating journey in
Published January 1st 2001 by Lifeway Church Resources (first published August 31st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Heart

Lee Anne
Sep 02, 2015 Lee Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, theology
Good 10-week study that took me almost 4 months on my own. Nice study of the Tabernacle would have been enhanced with dvd's of her lectures, but not for $5 each. If anyone ever has a class, I'll be ready with homework all ready to go!
October 2014: finally got to facilitate a group through this great study! Outstanding. One of the best I've been part of in 41years of study.
Carey Henderson
For the past 3mos. my Women’s Bible Study group at my church has been studying Beth Moore’s, “A Woman’s Heart: God’s Dwelling Place”. It’s super-hard to do an actual “book report” over this because it’s a study-guide (like a text-book) & very personal, full of devotion’s & questions for you to answer about your own life & where you are on your walk with Christ. I wasn’t sure how to review this study, but in the end the only way I know how to review it is by (trying) to put into words ...more
Karen
Apr 25, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We did this as a small group Bible study. It's terrific. Lots of background information from old and new testament concentrating on the Tabernacle. I did some extra study to share with the group on the places the Isrealites went, and where the ark of the covenant finally ends up. As with all Beth Moore studies, she really helps you to understand the historical perspective as well as how the Old Testament is a foreshadowing of Jesus and who He is. We didn't use the DVD's for this series so had mo ...more
April
Aug 17, 2014 April rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! I loved seeing how the things in the tabernacle represented Christ! The connection of OT and NT, just coming to life together was awesome!
Stephanie
Feb 22, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my most favorite Bible studies I have ever done!!
Jackie
Jan 12, 2017 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
A great Bible study! If you ever wanted to know what all those words in the old testament mean describing how the people of Israel were to build the tabernacle and how it applies to you today, then this a must for you
Aleena Watford
Apr 13, 2012 Aleena Watford rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bible Studying Christians
Recommended to Aleena by: Bible Study Group
It is really good study of the Tabernacle. There are a lot of connections made that instigate study and further in depth look sin to ideas that surround the Tabernacle.
There are times that it is difficult to follow Beth Moore's train of thought, either details of her study are not included to help make the connections, or they are really thready and hard to be convinced of.
I am a Beth Moore fan, she is a great speaker, and watching the videos that accompany is heart moving to say the least. Over
Em
Jan 29, 2008 Em rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the exact book I read. I actually did the member workbook that was put out in 2007 and watched the DVD's that went along with the study. It was one of the best Bible studies I've ever done. It's about the tabernacle and the correlations between the tabernacle as God's dwelling place before Christ and the believer's heart as God's dwelling place since Christ came. It is very interesting. I think it would even be interesting for non-Christians who are interested in history or anybody i ...more
Holly Renee
Jul 04, 2011 Holly Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible, study
This Bible study is awesome! If you long to delve in depth on the symbolic and spiritual meanings of the tabernacle, this is the study for you. A Woman's Heart is unique in its constant scripture dig, as you search the Bible for treasures that many of us allow to stay buried. Mrs. Moore does a great job in making the truths of the ancient structure relevent for the modern-day believer. (This study should a requirement for every church)!
Laurelle
Aug 04, 2008 Laurelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone!
Recommended to Laurelle by: A Friend
I love Beth Moore and this Bible Study! I have gained so much from her teaching of the tabernacle. As I started reading the Bible from the beginning through the new year, a friend wanted to share in this study with me. It is a great help as I walk through the Old Testament and the building of the tabernacle. If you want a fresh breathe in your learning and help understanding the true meaning by the details of the Holy Place of God, this is it!
Beth
Mar 02, 2008 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, faith
I was very skeptical about doing a Beth Moore Bible study. It calls up those uncomfortable feelings I get when watching televangelists and the like. However, this study was wonderful. Beth has a gift for drawing the New and Old Testaments together to show a fuller picture of God's love and plans for us. I highly recommend this, especially for anyone interested in learning more about the Old Testament covenant and tabernacle.
Tasha enderby
Nov 24, 2011 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, bible-studies
You can't go wrong with any of Beth's studies, you will be challenged and find a passion for God's word. This study has you all over the bible with reference look ups but you find how the old testament comes alive in the new. I did this study in a large group and I felt like my friends pulled me through the area's I fell short. I know I will have to revisit this study because the material is just so much.
DK
Nov 13, 2013 DK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to DK by: bible study at church
Just finished another wonderful Beth Moore study, and this was a great next step after studying The Patriarchs last spring with our bible study small group. This study focuses on the tabernacle and its importance from the very beginning with Moses to the final conclusion in Revelation, and it is an awesome study. Once again, I learned so much that I will treasure always. Highly recommend, especially after first studying The Patriarchs. (I read the workbook edition, not the audio CDs.)
Pam Broderick
Aug 18, 2008 Pam Broderick rated it it was amazing
This was my very first Beth Moore Bible study, and I did it a many years ago. It was not an easy one as far as the homework went, but was well worth the work! This study gave me a whole new light on the Old Testament and made me want to delve deeper into it. It basically shows the relationship between the Tabernacle of the Old Testament and Jesus Christ. I would love to do the updated version that came out recently. Excellent study!
Ebookwormy
Mar 21, 2008 Ebookwormy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible
This is a study of the tabernacle. Moore provides a wonderful introduction to all the symbolism, mystery and elegance of the tabernacle, as well as it's revelation/ tie in to Jesus Christ and New Testament passages (predominently Hebrews).

An excellent study. Highly recommended.

Note: I did not do the videos with this study. I'm sure they'd be helpful, but I didn't have access to them.
Chelsea
Mar 31, 2016 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotions
Amazing women's devotion that dives in and follows the account of the Israelites traveling through the wilderness. This devotion studies the tabernacle in great length and hits on the many issues woman deal with today and how to sacrifice those desires and seek Him more. It builds a strong personal connection with God as well as builds biblical knowledge.
Tracy Passmore
Apr 13, 2012 Tracy Passmore rated it it was ok
This was not my favorite study. I led this study at our local YMCA with a group of ladies. We did the video and the book. There were some interesting things about the tabernacle, however Beth Moore some of the conclusions are her opinion and not a part of the actual purpose of the tabernacle. I enjoyed the study on David more than this one. Also, the video did not add to the study at all.
Diana
Jan 31, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
Awesome Bible study!!! Learned so much about the Tabernacle and God's people the Isralites. Beth always brings something so unexpected to the study about God that leaves you saying WOW. Her studies leave a major impact on my soul. I am always impacted by her studies and can't get enough of God and his word in my life. Totally awsome!!
Carol
Jul 10, 2007 Carol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: moore-b
This is the first Beth Moore book that i read. It was absolutely amazing. Beth's research is extensive and accurate. She holds strictly to the Biblical teachings and is very careful not to teach denominations. A great study for any lady seeking a closer relationship with God. There is a lot of OT background regarding the temple.
Feb 22, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Beth Moore leads an amazing Bible Study. It has been at least 4 years since I have visited a study on the Tabernacle (through KONOS). This study is fabulous if you are there in your History study, it is also wonderful if you are searching for a systematic or topical study. I just hope I can keep up with the homework for all 3 months.
Mbaconsults
My first Beth Moore Bible study. Didn't do the video with it but the study was really great. All about the Tabernacle with many other scriptural references and life stories. I love this lady. She has lived the life, lived trough horrific things and came out ALIVE and breathing with God's help and determination to not let her past keep her down.
Lisa Ojanpera
Dec 07, 2012 Lisa Ojanpera rated it it was amazing
Every Christian, man or woman should read this. It describes the entire outline of the bible, our jobs as priests, and the purpose of the old testament and how it connects with the new testament. I did the study four times to make sure I knew this information in my heart.
Judi
Jul 30, 2011 Judi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
I'm sad to see this study end. It has been a wonderful study teaching us about the 2 million Israelites who exited Egypt, then built the tabernacle according to God's design and pattern. The knowledge and understanding I walk away with will remain with me always. I highly recommend it!!!
Leslie
Jan 15, 2016 Leslie rated it it was ok
Sadly I didn't finish this study. The Old Testament is hard for me to get into; it wasn't time for me to do this as much as I wanted to. One day maybe I'll review what I completed of it and finish it off and see what God reveals.
Marcy Stearns
Jul 06, 2013 Marcy Stearns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2013
This is a great study of the tabernacle. Beth Moore is a great Bible teacher in that she does the academic footwork to back up her study, but the study is neither dry nor academic rather vibrant and interesting.
Monica
May 04, 2013 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Through this study I learned so much about the Israelites journey through the desert and how God provided for every detail - for 40 years! I had never realized that they were in the desert for that long and without even so much as an extra pair of shoes, water
Shelves: bible-study
This book is packed full of material. You will come away from this Bible study understanding more about how God's tabernacle was mimicked by Jesus and how Heaven is similar. Get ready to go into the Most Holy of Holies and commune with the Almighty!
Shelves: bible-study
Sue Johnson
Sep 28, 2013 Sue Johnson rated it it was amazing
My first Bible study. Beth is used by God so effectively as His tool. This study started me on my Bible study journey.
  • Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David: Member Book
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy - Member Book
  • Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover -Bible Study Workbook
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Acts
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • A Life of Obedience
  • A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit (Great Lives from God's Word, #6)

FROM THE AUTHOR'S WEB PAGE: Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word. She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ag
More about Beth Moore...

“only you can decide how your fires will affect you. Will you be sanctified or scarred” 49 likes