Start by marking “A Song for Silas” as Want to Read:
A Song for Silas

A Song for Silas (Place Called Home #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,499 ratings  ·  32 reviews

Amy thought love would never pass her way again. She didn't know how close it was...until she met Silas. He is an answer to prayer for her injured father, Grant Nolan, who welcomes him with open arms. The brotherly way Silas feels toward Amy soon turns to deeper feelings of love.

Silas longs to have his love returned. But his sensitivity to Amy's reluctant heart and the

Published July 1st 1990 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about A Song for Silas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Song for Silas

Melissa
I don't know if this was one of the first books by this author, but the story did not flow well...there were memories put into the prose that made you think it was happening then. The story was fine, and it was a quick read, but it wasn't anything special.
Shantelle Mary
Starting close to where A Place Called Home left off, A Song for Silas tells Luke's brother Silas's story... and his journey to finding the woman God has for him. :)
Amy always looked at Silas as a big brother; but suddenly he's there at her house, twenty-eight to her eighteen years, and something other than friendship blossoms between them. Will she get over her fear in time to embrace God's plan for the two of them?
Again, with family dramas, tender romances, and a bit of suspense, the second bo
Margaret
Aug 16, 2007 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: quite, motherless christians
This book is about two fairly quite personalities struggling to do God's will before their own desires. This was once again one of Lori Wick's lost, love, found books. Same themes, but completely different story and method of approaching the end game. I just do not think that I can get enough of her books. I laugh out loud, and giggle quietly, as well as want to cry. Just to struggle with the characters and then rejoice with them is quite the experience.
Chrystal
I enjoyed the change of pace of this book. It is slow and simple and lovely and it soothed me. It maybe felt more 'hallmark movie'-ish but sometimes that is exactly what I'm in the mood for. The part about the robbery did feel very contrived though so I didn't think it added anything to the story. I know she tried to use it as an opportunity for a conversion story but it just didn't feel 'real' to me. Other than that, I enjoyed this one.
Robin
It is quite a good book there definitely is room for improvement in this one but Lori has a lovely way of building her characters so you understand them very well and you can relate to them. The fact that this is the second book in the series "A Place Called Home" only makes the bonds between the characters stronger, it doesn't however affect the story if you haven't read the first book. I have however read the first book. Which is also lovely.
Judine
While it's the second book in a series -- and I haven't read the first -- I think this will be one of my favorites. I like that they're set in turn of the 20th century Wisconsin, and I adore Amy and Silas (especially their mutual confusion when their feelings change from sibling-like to, um, not). Plus, a man who plays piano is sure to win over any number of hearts.
Amanda
Jul 27, 2007 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
this book Luke has a son. His brother Silas gose had help a family who father Grant fell from a ladder and broke his leg. His daughter Amy neds help. Sombody his robberly homes and barns. Silas falls in love with Amy. But Amy see him as a big brother. But in the end they find out who is the robber and they get married.
Eliana
I like the story line. A man wanting to settle down. A girl all grown up. They knew each other like brother and sister, but the relationship changed. He was wanting to love her as a man does a woman. She wanted to love him as a brother. Eventually they came together as husband and wife.
Karen & Gerard
Mar 24, 2008 Karen & Gerard rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like Christian romance
This book is a light Christian romance novel set in Wisconsin in the 1800s. It was about two friends developing romantic feelings for each other and the struggle they went through as they saw their relationship changing.
Teresa Snyder
Maybe not as good as the first book in the series, but still a good book. I really enjoy finding these older books. This way I don't have to wait months for the next book to be released. Moving on to book 3.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
The Nolan needed help to run their dairy. Silas Cameron volunteers to assist the family he previously helped years ago.

Time Period: 1889
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Reviewed from a personal copy.
Shannon
vol. 2 of the Place called home is about Silas and Amy. "A Song for Silas finds Amy in need of a helping hand when her father falls and breaks his leg. The Lord leads Silas to be her helping hand.
Highland-dreamer
I thought this was a good short story. The characters were a bit too "perfect" for me, but for as short as the novel was, I could tolerate it.
Jaikaies
Jan 22, 2011 Jaikaies rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jaikaies by: my nana
Shelves: favorites
This author is fantastic! I love all the books I've read by her, but this is the only one I own. I'll be sure to do a review later.
La Tisha
Very excited to read the last two in the series. Just sweet easy read books that have a message in them if you listen closely.
Becky
I enjoyed this book- it was a very fast read for me. Although not my favorite in this series it still a good book.
Lisa
I liked this one better than the first one...cute. Fast and easy read.
Haley
This book was cute and kind of short. It was not, however, one of Wick's best.
Hillary
I don't know what to write. It's just one of those fluffy love stories.
Jan
#2 of my 4 part Aunt Rainey assignment. They are getting better.
Jill
This is my Favorite Lori Wick book for many reasons!
Amy
It was okay but had trouble picking it up and completing.
Betsy
An old favorite, always great to revisit.
Bek
actually a sweet story, mostly about a bachelor
Erika
It's been a while, but I love all her books...
Dawn Michelle
Sep 24, 2007 Dawn Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
See review for the first book in this series. :)
Partridge Public
Kat
Cheesy but quick read
Savannah
very interesting and engaging
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • A Bride for Donnigan
  • Valiant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #1)
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Across the Years (Desert Roses, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)