Start by marking “If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans” as Want to Read:
If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

3.43  ·  Rating Details ·  1,464 Ratings  ·  163 Reviews
“Uttering lines that send liberals into paroxysms of rage, otherwise known as ‘citing facts,’ is the spice of life. When I see the hot spittle flying from their mouths and the veins bulging and pulsing above their eyes, well, that’s when I feel truly alive.”

So begins If Democrats Had Any Brains, They’d Be Republicans, Ann Coulter’s funniest, most devastating, and, yes, mos
Published October 2nd 2007 by Crown Forum (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Jason
Jul 23, 2012 Jason marked it as no-nay-never
Shelves: reviewed
A book of Coulter quotes? This book is probably not for me.

Although with gems like these, perhaps I should reconsider...
“I know Jesus Christ died for my sins and that’s all I really need to know.”
—And that is probably all she really does know.

“I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am.”
—But where would she find these people?

“The fact that a Republican is in the late Senator Kennedy’s old seat probably must have him rolling in his grave, probably spilling his drink.”
—Ok
S. Donovan
Apr 04, 2008 S. Donovan rated it did not like it
You cannot go lower than Ann Coulter. She displays an absolute lack of logic, not to mention compassion. More trees, less Ann Coulter, please.
Nandakishore Varma
Jan 26, 2016 Nandakishore Varma rated it did not like it
Shelves: hate-mongerers
I read this book just to see whether Ann Coulter was as despicable as she was made out to be. Well, she's not. She's worse.

This book is filled with "quotations" from Ms. Coulter's published works, which she's at pains to ascertain, are all bestsellers. It's an unbelievable compendium of hatred towards the "other" - Hitler could take lessons from her. I guess people who laugh at insults directed at others would find her funny.

But I honestly don't know why Ms. Coulter is so "anti - Darwin". Conser
Travis
May 14, 2008 Travis rated it did not like it
Shelves: that-crazy-woman
All liberals are stupid traitors.

There, I just saved you the trouble of having to read this book, because that's all Ann has to say.
It's all she ever has to say.

I've tried a couple of her books trying to figure out what the big deal is and still don't get it.
She's not terribly funny, insightful or thought provoking.
If she believes everything she says, then I think she's insane, and if it's all an act, it comes across as a kid saying a rude word in church to get attention.

I don't so much hate he
Richard Derus
Sep 29, 2013 Richard Derus rated it did not like it
Shelves: scumbag
Christa HoBrien
Oct 08, 2007 Christa HoBrien rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Republicans
"Bill Clinton's library is the first one to ever feature an Adults Only section."

"If the Democrats want to stay in the middle of the road, why do they keep sticking with Teddy Kennedy? Didn't he have some trouble staying in the middle of the road?"

These are just a few gems from Ann Coulter's latest. It was a fun, quick read. She is absolutely brilliant!

And one last one: "Bill Clinton: He left a mark on history that may never come out!"
Jltpalmer
Jan 31, 2008 Jltpalmer rated it really liked it
What can I say? I love her frankness!!! She makes me laugh out loud and call my friends and relatives. Keep in mind, if you keep up with her (online, other books, interviews, etc.) you will be disappointed to find nothing new, but she states that in the beginning of this book. It's basically a little black book for liberals to carry around to be able to quote her accurately and be enraged w/out much effort on digging for her quotes (loosely her explanation). I didn't rate it a 5 because I don't ...more
Christopher
Feb 04, 2009 Christopher rated it it was amazing
How do you compete with Ann? Beautiful, smart, funny, and most important, RIGHT. Ann's witticisms are a treasure for all Americans, exposing the idiocy of the left one scorcher at a time.
The Book Maven
Feb 20, 2015 The Book Maven rated it did not like it
Let me preface this by saying that I am not giving this a bad review because I disagree with everything Coulter says; that would be too easy. This book was bad simply because it was SO...DARN...BORING. Seriously, I kept waiting to see her wit (and believe me, I am more than willing to laugh at liberals and Democrats and just about anything else), and let's just say I am still waiting. And she wasn't saying anything new; the book was mainly excerpts from previous books and interviews. Very clever ...more
Melissa
Aug 24, 2010 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of the task, "read about a subject you disagree with." After seeing some people read books about adultery or polygamy or hookers, I really wish I went with one of those. At least they would've been entertaining.

Previous reviews, as well as Coulter herself, say that liberals don't like her because she is scary and right. Well this liberal doesn't like her because she is everything I dislike in humanity. She lumps all liberals together as one brainless blob of baby-murder
G.R. Reader
Nov 09, 2013 G.R. Reader rated it really liked it
Ann always complains to me that no one gets the joke. Irony is indeed dead.
Jessica
Jan 09, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
Ann Coulter is not afraid to tell you what she thinks. Whether you love or hate her you have to respect that she is fearless. The woman has been threatened, had pies thrown at her and has been booed pubically and yet she still comes out swinging. I am not a staunch Republican but I am far from a liberal. She makes a ton of great points, so many that I wasn't able to keep count.

This is an easy and quick read, highlighting her quotes from interview, columns, other books, speeches and TV appearanc
Bagger
Oct 21, 2007 Bagger rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol, nonfiction
Whether you like Ann Coulter or not and you either love her or hate her. She does do her research, and I know the points can be proven toward the right as well. She is a lot of fun, and if you have ever heard her interviewed you hear her speaking what she says in her book in that almost shouting voice she uses to make a point.
She's who she is, and you know this before picking up this book, that being said, its a fun read backed up with lots and lots of foot notes.
Ian
Oct 18, 2007 Ian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Conservatives; Ann Coulter fans
This book is largely a catalogue of Ann's quotations, organized into chapters by subject. Most of the sayings are funny, all are incisive, and the whole book is very entertaining.
Joel
Mar 26, 2009 Joel rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
At the end of this book, Ann Coulter says "Finally, a word to those of you out there who have yet to be offended by something I have written or said: Please be patient, I'm working as fast as I can." This sums up the book pretty well. It was refreshing to hear someone not afraid to speak their mind and often her statements were quite clever and funny. But you have to take everything she says with a sprinkle of salt...or better yet with a tablespoon of sugar. I had never heard Ann Coulter before ...more
Mike (the Paladin)
Sep 30, 2009 Mike (the Paladin) rated it really liked it
Shelves: political
Same as her others. i don't go to the discussions as most people who disagree with Ann hate her and can't seem to stay calm about it. Me? I like her.
Darcy Stewart
Oct 28, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it did not like it
Coulter is unrealistic and false. It's obvious she isn't really a moderate. She really has no brains, because she believes all Democrats suck. Well then I hope she doesn't vote, because we know she'll vote someone in just because they are Republican. Her facts are biased. I wouldn't believe any of her stuff in this book, because it is completely skewed. Stop buying her books and read part of her book online, because it's not worth to chop down a tree for one of her books. If you want real facts ...more
claire
Dec 30, 2007 claire rated it did not like it
OKAY just to clear the air:
I've been scheming about how I could read ann coulter and her ridiculous nonsense without having to actually pay for it, and then i remembered the existence of libraries now that I'm back in america. This does two things: 1) keeps from actually supporting ms. coulter and 2) keeping any republican nut job who actually agrees with this nut from propelling this wackyness.

this is going to be a good read.
Mark
Mar 08, 2009 Mark rated it really liked it
Same rules apply as to other Coulter books. If you are sensitive to criticism or a staunch Democrat don't even try to understand Ann's opinions and humor. She WILL get under your skin. Interesting viewpoints delivered in a humorous, if somewhat Don Rickles fashion. Listened to the Audible version.
Andy
May 04, 2008 Andy rated it really liked it
the book doesnt read like a book, more of a 'point:counter-point' presentation of 2 sides of a story with a heavy biast towards Ann Coulter (obviously) if you dont like Ann Coulter it will just make you hate her more
Steve Mitchell
Aug 02, 2011 Steve Mitchell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ann Coulter’s books are my guilty pleasure; I disagree with virtually everything she says and stands for yet I buy them and read them fastidiously. (This is more than I can say about how she writes them!) Her attempted jokes are never funny but her serious points are often unintentionally hilarious. I would not be surprised if she turns out to actually be a fictional character created by some ironic liberal comedienne just as Borat and Bruno are to Sasha Baron Cohen.
If you only read one of Coult
James Blum
Jan 01, 2008 James Blum rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People with a sense of humor
Shelves: liked
This book is very controversial in its remarks and questions/discusses all aspects of life. She makes many ridiculous remarks, but behind the racist and anti-semitic skin, she makes logical and interesting points. Coming from a republican background, though not as conservative as Anne, I can appreciate some of her points. The points she makes are debatable but the structure of the book is very interesting and well done. She divides the book into chapters based on a hot political subject, she the ...more
Robert
Jun 30, 2013 Robert rated it did not like it
Shelves: different-view
Coulter is an incredibly spiteful person filled with a ridiculous amount of hate for anyone who disagrees with her. This is book a list of quotes chosen by herself, so she could easily present herself in a good light. Even still, she comes across as nasty and not particularly smart, not using a single fact or reference in her whole book. Inside she opts for cheap sensational insults designed to grab attention at the expense of a reasoned argument.
Slowdancer29a
Jun 20, 2009 Slowdancer29a rated it did not like it
Ann Coulter, such a sad sad person. demanding attention by being a total pinhead. It appears that her world has only room for 1 and a very pathetic one. Hate and bile are her stock in trade. I didn't buy this book but it was gien to me by a very conservative republican of whom I have great debates. He said read this you will understand why the party is falling apart and that the ultra right is stealing the party!
Praj
May 27, 2010 Praj rated it did not like it
Shelves: wwwwwh
Why on earth does this woman even bother to write? What a squander of valuable print.
Kent
Aug 28, 2009 Kent rated it it was ok
My expectations were for some fresh, original material, so I was disappointed that most of this book consists of a cataloguing of some of Ann's previous quotes. With that basic misunderstanding in context, the book was entertaining. Although Ann is a little extreme, even for me, she makes good points colorfully. This is a valuable talent in these times when entire ideas have to be presented with laser clarity in less than 10 words. She can burn an image better than most.

I like Ann's comment abou
Bybees
Mar 09, 2008 Bybees rated it liked it
Ryan: I'll preface by saying I often agree with Ann's comments (though I'm not near as bold as she is). I'm very grateful that she and others like her are out there representing sanity. The book was a collection of quotes she has made in the past 5 years, and although organized by subject, there was enough overlap and lack of continuity that I had a very hard time paying attention and feeling motivated to keep turning pages.

One of my favorite quotes: Liberals are animists. They believe we are pa
Kip
Feb 09, 2008 Kip rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people unfamiliar with conservative platform, or conservatives looking for a chuckle
My first Ann Coulter read, a Christmas gift from my conservative father. I guess it was a good introduction, as this book was a compilation of Coulter quotes from her other books, interviews and various other public sources. Seemed a bit arrogant to me at first to write a book quoting yourself, but I got used to it.

Written in chapters by subject (Guantanamo: Room Service, I'd Like Seventy-Two Virgins, Please)with her quotes and comments grouped accordingly, it was an easy book to read in short b
Brian
Mar 18, 2008 Brian rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: die hard Coulter fans and Republicans
Recommended to Brian by: no one
This is the perfect bathroom book!

I was not expecting what this book was...I didn't realize it was only going to be a collection of short quips from her columns, interviews, and tv appearances. I know this was done deliberately but because there was no real continuity I was actually bored.

I say this is a bathroom book because, not to put to finer a point on it, that is where most of the reading should be done. The entries were short enough to read a couple subjects at a time in maybe 5 minute
Andrew
Aug 04, 2009 Andrew rated it it was ok
If this had been the first book I had read by Ann Coulter, I would have been quite unimpressed. Having read Godless first, I know that she is capable of crafting and supporting an argument, often quite effectively. This book, however, is simply a collection of her most provocative statements over the years and as such reads like a series of sound bites, devoid of the context that originally gave them support. She indicates in the opening chapter that she enjoys provoking liberals and has provide ...more
Review 1 4 Jan 10, 2013 08:18PM
truth 2 32 Feb 28, 2008 11:07PM
  • The Way Things Ought to Be
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
  • Shut Up and Sing: How Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the Media are Subverting America
  • Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
  • 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America: (And Al Franken Is #37)
  • Culture Warrior
  • Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • Why Courage Matters: The Way to a Braver Life
  • A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality
  • Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity
  • Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christians
  • Letters to a Young Conservative
Ann Coulter is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers — Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America (January 2009);If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans (October, 2007); Godless: The Church of Liberalism (June 2006); How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004); Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal ...more
More about Ann Coulter...

“Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” 133 likes
“I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it. You know who else was kind of "divisive" in terms of challenging the status quo and the powers-that-be of his day? Jesus Christ.” 106 likes