Start by marking “The Hanged Man: A Tarot Card Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Hanged Man: A Tarot Card Mystery

The Hanged Man: A Tarot Card Mystery (Tarot Card Mystery #4)

The cops have jailed the wrong person: dominatrix Thérèse de Farge. Sally McLaughlin, a feisty paraplegic hacker, sets out to save her friend and ropes Warren Ritter, sarcastic tarot card reader and general overall eccentric, into yet another murder investigation.

To solve this one, everyone has to go undercover. Sally puts on a business suit and tries to get a corporate jo
Published August 19th 2008 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about The Hanged Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hanged Man

P.J. Coldren
Sep 28, 2008 P.J. Coldren added it
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Recommended to P.J. by: received for review
Warren Ritter is learning the hazards of having a family and friends. He’s been on the run for years, but seems to have come to a stopping point in his life, at least for a little while. He learns in THE HANGED MAN that there’s a price to pay.

Warren has been working on a relationship with Sally McLaughlin, a computer hacker with enormous skills, a prickly hide, and very few friends. Those friends she has, she holds dear. One of them, Therese de Farge, has been accused of murdering a client. She
Patricia
Jun 09, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Reading tarot cards in Berkley is about as exciting as Warren’s life has been lately. His love life with Sally McLaughlin, a paraplegic hacker is running smoothly. Heather Tallbridge who is living with Sally is doing well and Warren’s grandson is a joy. Warren, who suffers from bi-polar disorder, has his medication pretty well under control and life is good.

Then Sally receives some news that throws everyone in turmoil. Dominatrix Therese de Farge has been arrested for murder. Therese stepped in
Spuddie
May 06, 2010 Spuddie rated it really liked it
In this fifth (and so far, last) Warren Ritter mystery, Warren gets involved with helping a friend of his girlfriend Sally. The friend has been accused of murdering one of her clients--she's a dominatrix. So Warren takes up training so that he can get into the BDSM scene and ferret out who might have wanted to frame Therese. Meanwhile, Warren is also trying to protect a set of ancient tarot cards willed to him by his mentor, and there are several people who want to get their hands on them who ar ...more
Patty
Nov 14, 2008 Patty rated it it was amazing
Part four in the Tarot Card Mysteries is just as twisty and complicated as the previous three. Warren, Sally, Heather and Ripley go deep into the worlds of high tech security and BSDM. I'll admit that many of the bondage scenes made me uncomfortable (definitely not my style) but they worked very well when woven into the entire story. If you haven't read any of these mysteries, get thee to a bookstore or library, start with the first book and have fun plunging into Warren's world. You won't be so ...more
Jan
Aug 26, 2008 Jan rated it really liked it
This is the best book in the series since the debut novel, Eight of Swords. Unlike the first three books, which were written in first person, this story is told in the third person from multiple points of view. I wasn't sure how I'd like it when I realized the author had changed POV, but it works. If you like not-very-cozy mysteries with a leftist/occult/alternative lifestyle twist, I recommend you try this series, starting with the first novel.
Stven
Nov 20, 2009 Stven rated it did not like it
Just not my style at all. The author tries too too hard to achieve a flippant tone, but he winds up making me not care as much as he's trying to pretend not to care. Too bad. I got through three chapters.
Jen
Nov 09, 2011 Jen rated it liked it
It was a quick and good read. I'm a fan oft his series however some of the subject matter in this one wasn't enjoyable to me. But that's just me. Still like Warren.
Carol
Oct 05, 2010 Carol rated it it was amazing
I love this guy. He is smart, funny, sarcastic, humble and really interesting. I can't wait for more books in the series
Adrian
Jan 18, 2009 Adrian rated it really liked it
I think he does a really fine job in giving a rich look into a different world -- in this case BDSM. An I like the fact that the main character is flawed and yet still appealing.
Zahsca
Zahsca rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Sophia
Sophia rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Steve Bergstrom
Steve Bergstrom rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2010
Travesty
Travesty rated it really liked it
May 24, 2010
Pineapple Helen o'neill
Pineapple Helen o'neill rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Jana
Jana rated it liked it
May 08, 2012
Trudy
Trudy rated it it was ok
May 14, 2017
Dcf
Dcf rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2011
Scott Roberts
Scott Roberts rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Stargazer
Stargazer rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Lori Mason
Lori Mason rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2008
Gin
Gin rated it really liked it
May 28, 2012
Larry
Nov 16, 2008 Larry rated it did not like it
(For review)
Steve Diamond
Steve Diamond rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Maurice
Maurice rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Britton
Britton rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2017
Sonnet
Sonnet rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Audra
Audra rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
David Skibbins won the St. Martin’s Minotaur/Malice Domestic Competition for Best First Traditional Mystery Novel with Eight of Swords. He is a certified life coach and lives on the Pacific Coast in California with his brilliant wife and his goofy Portuguese water dog.

More about David Skibbins...

Tarot Card Mystery (4 books)
  • Eight of Swords