Start by marking “We're Sailing Down the Nile” as Want to Read:
We're Sailing Down the Nile

We're Sailing Down the Nile

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  12 reviews
There is so much in store on this incredible journey enormous statues and temples, the legendary Sphinx, tombs and mummies, and of course the Great Pyramids. With seven exciting destinations, a god or goddess on each page, and informative notes at the end, you will be an Egypt expert in no time!

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 3/1/2008 Pages: Reading Level
Published March 1st 2008 by Barefoot Books (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about We're Sailing Down the Nile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We're Sailing Down the Nile

Elishia
We’re Sailing Down the Nile begins with a rhyme about sailing down the River Nile in Egypt. Each page features a different destination along the River Nile i.e. Cairo, Abu Simbel, and the Valley of the Kings.
The last pages of the book act as an educational resource and provide information and facts including Egyptian history, Gods & Goddesses and Life as an Ancient Egyptian.
The book is beautifully and carefully illustrated with lots of bright colours and interesting pictures, as is typical
Malachi Mottram
I love it, it's very Egypt-y. I have seen Rosetta Stone and mummies and a small Sphinx at crystal palace. But no pyramids.
I want to go on a river boat.
Phoenix
It was a bit advanced but they are learning about rhyming in class so this book was perfect. We've watch show on the pyramids so she liked seeming those too.
Lisa Carroll
I must have a very curious child, because he also has discovered a love of Egypt. My parents bought him this book as a birthday present and we found the colors and pictures amazing. We got to tour Egypt in a fun way that was easy for a child to understand. The Pyramids and Mummuies are fascinating for a child, yet there were many facts and educational experiences througout the text. This book would make a wonderful addition to literacy and social studies lessons for young children.
Donna Gofur
I read this story to my reception class last week to link their literacy lessons to their topic of the week on 'hot and cold'

A group of friends travel down the River Nile, each friend taking turns to talk about key places they have visited.

I found this book to be a great start for children to develop ideas for creative writing relating to hot and cold.

Denise
This is a rare find, a beautifully illustrated picture book that can serve as an information book too. This is on par with Pam Munoz Ryan's Our California. A simple text resembling the flow of the river takes the reader to places along the Nile. The back of the book includes factual information such as a brief history, the names of gods and goddesses etc.
Tori
Colorful and entertaining as well as the usual high quality, informative text you always find with Barefoot Books. I've added this to my "Africa" collection! As always, you can find this and all other Barefoot Books on my website.
Charlotte Osborn-bensaada
The travel portion appears to be for a small child, however the background info appears for an older child. That portion is much better.
Roxanne
This is a pretty and quick book about various areas and monuments in Egypt. It is mainly a picture book and the illustrations are lovely.
Juliej
Very colorful and full of information with rhymes. Made learning about Egypt interesting to a 7 year old boy.
Ella Sloan
Sep 16, 2008 Ella Sloan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chloe and Yaya
I like the gods and goddesses. I am Isis and Duncan is Sobeck.
Donna-Lee
I love all the information that has been included in this book.
Sarah added it
Dec 18, 2014
Jb
Jb added it
Nov 13, 2014
Amanda Saye
Amanda Saye marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2014
Jeeviviva Asupuram
Jeeviviva Asupuram marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
We All Went On Safari The Beeman We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure Off We Go to Mexico: An Adventure in the Sun We're Sailing to Galapagos: A Week in the Pacific