Start by marking “Swords Around the Cross: The Nine Years War: Ireland's Defense of Faith and Fatherland, 1594-1603” as Want to Read:

One of the only full-length treatments of the heroic struggle of the Irish clansmen in their effort to defend their faith and country against English encroachment and conquest in the 16th century.
Published October 1st 2004 by Christendom Press (first published February 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Swords Around the Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swords Around the Cross

Roger Buck
Jun 11, 2014 Roger Buck rated it it was amazing
Ireland, O Ireland! This is a wonderful book about the triumph of failure. For it tells of an apparently doomed war against the English and yet Irish Catholicism and Irish Catholic culture were only saved thereby - indeed not only for Ireland but the entire English-speaking world ...

Living as I do in Ireland, I have a site devoted in significant measure to Catholic Ireland and a review of this book here: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2012/...

This is an admittedly self-promotional plug - hopin
Atlasgirl
Oct 03, 2014 Atlasgirl rated it it was amazing
I ordered some movies and books at a conference and they were to send me the items by mail. When they arrived there was a mistake, and Swords Around The Cross was in the box, despite my boy ordering it. I read the back cover and the first few pages and told the company that I wanted to but it and that I was grateful for this mistake. I had never heard of the Nine Years War, and I love Irish history.

This book tells the story of the bond between O'Neil and O'Fonnell. Their fight to preserve the F
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Ashland
Ashland rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2015
Nick Fernandez
Nick Fernandez rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Eric Williams
Eric Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Jimmy
Jimmy rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2011
Nana
Nana rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Krista Kosar
Krista Kosar rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Rob
Rob added it
Jul 02, 2009
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2009
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011
grace-before-reading
grace-before-reading marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Marcas SOG
Marcas SOG marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Ó Ruairc
Ó Ruairc marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Monica Zeringue
Monica Zeringue marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Susan Peek
Susan Peek marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Slhanley
Slhanley marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Luke Enkosky
Luke Enkosky marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016