Start by marking “Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul” as Want to Read:
Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul

Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The author of Simplify Your Life offers a path to the simpler life of mind and spirit through meditation, solitude, making spirituality a regular part of the day, and getting in touch with your creativity.
Published May 4th 1995 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Inner Simplicity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inner Simplicity

Amanda
I love, love, love this book. It contains very basic ways to live in the present moment and make the most of life.
I am a worrying kind of a girl, I can't recall a time when I didn't have this bad habit. This simple little book gave me some important tools to combat my worrying nature and confront the fears that provoke the worry.
For me it is a choice I have to make and this book really helped me to see that.
Liisa
Simply, what a gem of a book!

100 short but meaningful suggestions to simplify your life with the aim of squeezing more joy, fulfilment and love out of your life.

These dip in, dip out chapters are further split into several sections:

1/. Things you'll *want* to do
2/. Easy things to *think* about doing
3/. More difficult things to think about doing
4/. The hard stuff
5/. Some fun stuff

You can read it in any order you wish but I started at the beginning and worked my way through it only stopping to ref
Jenny
This book gave me some good ideas. I am going to: create a sanctuary, buy some outdoor chairs so I can enjoy time outside every evening, connect with the sun each day, admit to people that I know nothing about current events and don't really care, laugh more, exercise even though the daycare kids are here, pick fresh flowers and plants for my house. Again, my kids think I am weird.
Robyn
Quick, short 'chapters' full of good ideas on how to let go of stuff, literally; how to say, 'no thanks,' and lots of other things that have helped me and continue to help me. I'd love it if we lived close enough to work to just ride our bikes; to have a huge garden, to toss out the TV (husband likes sports now and then), and I do turn off the ringer on the phone anytime I want to. :)
Shari
This book changed my life. I had previously tried to make changes to simplify, but I didn't seem to *feel* that life was calmer or simpler. This book showed me the changes I needed to make to change my inner world, not just my outer world. I return to this book whenever I need to slow down.
Ami
Mar 20, 2012 Ami rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I wish I'd simplified my inner life by not reading (or even skimming) this book. I'm planning to simplify my life further by not reading any more of these simplicity books. For a while, at least.
Allen Steele
read this almost 15 Years ago, but i still think often about the suggestions on how to slow down & smell the roses
Shaoola
Loved it
Read it over 10 years ago yet the lessons I learned from it still echo throughout the years
Angela
Pithy advice in a non-threatening package.
Jenna
3.5 stars. I will admit, I like a good self-help book every once and awhile. I tend to gravitate toward books such as this that focus on simplifying our lives. To me, it's not about simplifying in the way of getting rid of our technology and etc. but rather about adapting a more simplified way of thinking. This book was a quick read but towards the end it started to get a little out there for me. Only took me a couple hours to get through this one and it could easily be picked up and pages throu ...more
Carrie Marcotte
I didn't use the chapters in this book as much as the ones in Simplify Your Life, but there's a few things in here we need to be reminded to do in our lives more often to learn to enjoy more. It's a little New Age, but exercises like 'connect with the sun,' 'slow down,' 'consider a family retreat,' 'just say no,' and 'be honest with people.' It's an interesting path. I certainly didn't choose to do a lot of the things in this book, but I liked the simplicity of some of them.
Jayme
St. James' first book "Simplify Your Life" will always have a special place in my library because her suggestions were life changing for me. I didn't find this follow-up book as practical or profound, but it has some good suggestions. I suggest readers start with the first book and move on to this one later on, when they have an appetite for more simplicity advice.
Angi
While I really enjoyed St. James first book and parts of this book, I grew weary of fishing the tasty bites out of the pools of malarkey. Psychics, runes, out of body experiences.... really??? It's so much easier to find inner simplicity by just trusting in the loving God of the Bible.
Kay
What a refreshing experience in reading, simple, and light like mint ice tea on a summer day! I was exposed to ideas I never even thought of before. I have been putting alot of these into practice and have seen a definate diference in my life.
Tamra
I have read this before but enjoyed the idea of simplifiying my life to allow more room for the important things and to feel more joy. I think I will try to rid myself of m,y addiction to computer games again.
Kristy
I found this book to be so helpful in my own journey towards simplicity and peace. The author provides great tips and insight as well as resources for additional reading.
Linda
Some of the ideas are in my comfort zone and can help me be more centered in what matters most. This book was a gift from a friend.
Judith
I'll read anything to do with simplicity.
This is a good book to get you back into balance with your life and out of the world.
Farah

what can I say more than ,, " Life is Simple,, it Requires Simplicity "
: )
Nancy
Some good things to think about but a bit dated.
Steve Beilharz
Could rate this book either 3 or 4 stars.
Khaled
Jul 07, 2012 Khaled marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
نسخة الكترونية يا محسنيين .؟؟؟
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Life
Kirsten Astler
Kirsten Astler marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
  • Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much
  • Spirit Song: The Introduction of No-Eyes
  • The Circle of Simplicity: Return to the Good Life
  • The Woman's Comfort Book
  • Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
  • The Scalpel and the Soul: Encounters with Surgery, the Supernatural, and the Healing Power of Hope
  • The Simple Living Guide
  • The Secret Language of Dreams: A Visual Key to Dreams and Their Meanings
  • Voluntary Simplicity: Toward a Way of Life That is Outwardly Simple, Inwardly Rich
  • The Path to Tranquility: Daily Wisdom
  • After Life
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at Work: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress and Conflict While Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
  • Living the Good Life: How to Live Sanely and Simply in a Troubled World
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Take Time for Your Life
  • The Bounce Back Book: How to Thrive in the Face of Adversity, Setbacks, and Losses
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By
Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More The Simplicity Reader: Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down & Enjoy the Things That Really Matter Simplify Your Life with Kids: 1 Ways to Make Family Life Easier and More Fun Simplify Your Work Life: Ways to Change the Way You Work So You Have More Time to Live