Start by marking “Earthquake in the Early Morning (Magic Tree House, #24)” as Want to Read:
Earthquake in the Early Morning (Magic Tree House, #24)

Earthquake in the Early Morning (Magic Tree House #24)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  4,598 ratings  ·  137 reviews
An adventure that will shake you up!

Published June 15th 2010 by Random House for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Earthquake in the Early Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earthquake in the Early Morning

Night of the New Magicians by Mary Pope OsbornePirates Past Noon by Mary Pope OsborneA Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope OsborneHour of the Olympics by Mary Pope OsbornePolar Bears Past Bedtime by Mary Pope Osborne
Magic Tree House
25th out of 56 books — 36 voters
Christmas in Camelot by Mary Pope OsborneAfternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope OsborneMoonlight on the Magic Flute by Mary Pope OsborneSeason of the Sandstorms by Mary Pope OsborneBlizzard of the Blue Moon by Mary Pope Osborne
Must Love Magic Treehouse Books
11th out of 24 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Isabel Orama
The book I read today was number 24 of the magic tree house. This book had action and other cool things in it. It was about a brother and sister named Jack and Annie. Morgan Le Fay always gives them missions to complete so they can become master librarians. They went to California. The year was 1906. When they found the book that had the word california on the cover Annie wished to go to to California. When they arrived they were dressed In different clothes. Annie had a blue and white dress and ...more
Lisa
WOW! Another really great book in the series. The kids loved this one, and so did I, only it was sooo touching that I was trying to cover up the fact that I was tearing up at certain spots. Of course my daughter caught me and outed me!!! Thanks, Mimi! Easily another five star offering from Mary Pope Osborne :)
Gavin
These Magic Tree House books are good for the younger reader. The premise is simple, two children (Jack and Annie) find a treehouse which can travel back in time as long as a book on the period is available. They then live part of the book they are using. Each one has easily digested facts about the time and place the two children travel to.

The earthquake referenced in the title is the Great Quake of 1906 that hit San Francisco. Jack and Annie land in SF just before the quake starts, help a few
Dolly
Jun 03, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a great story in the Magic Tree House series. Although it was a sad and terrible disaster, it was interesting to find out more about it, since none of us had ever really learned about what happened. It was a good ending the the four part mini-series where Annie and Jack had to get four special kinds of writing to save Camelot. The ending was less predictable than I thought it'd be and the four items were tied up together in a nice and inspiring theme.

We've really enjoyed this series and
Shuhei
1. Rondom House level.?
2.11/26=100min
3. Jack Annie visit Eathquake San Francisco help
4.There is no water and still less soap, we have no city, but lots of hope.
It says whenever we have hope even if we are in really bad situation. I'd like to believe this phrase.
5. This story is a part of series, so at first I didn't notice that and I couldn't understand clearly, but main story is easy to understand even if I haven't read this series. In this series, Jack and Annie collect writings, and in this s
Calvin  Kwon
Jack and Annie go to San Francisco and they think they're supposed to find something to lend because Camelot is in trouble. But then theres an earthquake and they don't know it, but they find out and Jack just wants to go home but Annie says no because they have to find something to lend. They lend shoes to two of these boys that lost their shoes in the earthquake and the boys give them something too.
The earthquake was really big. There was a person who tried to move a piano across the earthqua
Maya Orama
This book is about a brother and sister named jack and Annie. It was early in the morning. jack woke up early and woke up his sister early also. they both went down the staircase in their house and went out side in the woods. jack found the tree house and went up the ladder with his sister. they both went in the tree house, then Annie found a book then opened it. She then wished that she was there with here brother jack. then the tree house spun and spun until every thing was quite. Then jack an ...more
Anna
Wow, the Magic Tree House kids get involved in some cataclysmic events, and none more dramatic so far than arriving in San Francisco just in time for the big 1906 earthquake.

This book completes the four missions assigned to them by Morgan to find special writings that will help save Camelot. This time they are looking for "something to lend."

The children are in the city when the quake happens. Annie falls into a large crack and Jack has to help her out. From their research guide, they know that
Simon
I loved this book too! I used to own a copy, but my cat pissed on it and I had to reluctantly chuck it.

This story involving the Great San Francisco Earthquake was a joy to read because I thought of it as a great disaster scenario and to have Jack and Annie in the middle of it was awesome!

I was always sad that the ancient and treasured books weer lost in the devastating fires, but the news reporter and her photographer always brightened my mood.

When Jack and Annie trade boots for a piece of wood
Patricia
Brooke
I have read many Magic Tree House books growing up. I enjoyed them, because they were fairly easy to read, and they transported me back in time, or somewhere far away. This is the first time I had ever read "Earthquake in the Early Morning".This book is about the earth quake that took place in San Francisco on April 18,1906.

The theme for this book is finding hope in the midst of chaos. Jack and Annie came across two children who had just lost their home due to a fire caused by the earth quake.
Sam
The year is 1906, the place is San Francisco. Annie and her brother, Jack, have just traveled here in their magic tree house, on a mission from Morgan le Fay, the mysterious magical librarian from King Arthur's time. In an effort to save Camelot, the children have already found three special kinds of writing for Morgan's library: something to follow (Civil War on Sunday), something to send (Revolutionary War on Wednesday), and something to learn (Twister on Tuesday). Now it's time to find "somet ...more
Kariata Toure
I like the book Earthquake in the Early Morning because alot of facts and it was adventures."He opened his research book and read:San Francisco was the biggest city on the west coast of United State.It had a population of half a million people.It was also one the the loveliest cities in the country."#12 Another fact I learn was "People tried to save special things.But they did not always succeed.Rare books from a library were moved to the Pavilion building caught fire,all the books burned.The b ...more
Sarah Sammis
I'm a second generation Californian. My roots here only go back as far as the end of WWII but it's enough to have a solid respect for earthquakes in my blood. Having lived in the Bay Area now for more than a decade, Mary Pope Osborne's book Earthquake in the Early Morning instantly brings to mind just what it should: the San Francisco earthquake that struck just before dawn on April 18, 1906.

Although there are only a handful of survivors left (and all of them were infants), the earthquake is sti
Juliette
So far I think this series is educational and interested as well as easy to read. My soon to be 2nd grader was really excited to see our public library had a nice selection.

I'm trying to read what he reads in order to check on reading comprehension (that and it's a good idea if you can do it to know what they are reading). We'll see how well I can keep up with him in a few years.
Yuina Kawase
1. Publisher, Title, Level
RANDOM HOUSE, Earthquake in the Early Morning, Level 2.4

2. Reading Time
120 min

3. 7-word summary
early mornig, special writhings, San Francisco, the great earthquake, hope, morgan's library, sad king

4. Discussion & Question
Q. If you could go to another country, where would you like to go?
A. I would like to go to Korea because it will take a short time to go there and there will be lots of cheap merchandise. Then, I would like to eat spicy food.

5. What I thought abo
Anais Bruder
Summary: Jack and Annie go back in time to the earthquake in San Fransisco to collect a peice of writing that their magical librarian, Morgan, needs.

Commentary and Comparison: This is a cute story, and I like Jack and Annie's characters, Annie being the cute little sister, Jack being the book smart older brother. Comparing this to the first book, I like it better because this book actual story line, and rather then ending up somewhere on accident, they have a purpose there.

One thing the author c
Jordanm014
Earthquake in The Early Morning
Marry Pope Osborn
Realistic Fiction

In this book of the Magic Tree House series Jack and Annie travel to San Francisco, California in their magic tree house that is located in the forest. They have to get a secret writing if they want to help Morgan save Camelot. Jack and Annie have to face some obstacles in the way. Will they make it out or not?

This is a fun book for every one, with a touch of suspense and a lot of acton. This makes it a great book to read bec
Beth Anne
Read aloud to Will (at his insistence) and Emma in one sitting. This was an exciting one, as the children experience the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. I enjoyed the historical details, as well as the emphasis on bravery, helping others, and hope.
luhvBOOKS
Title: Earthquake in the Early Morning

Author: Mary Pope Osborne

Series: Magic Tree House #24

Rating: ★★★

Summary: An adventure that will shake you up! That's what Jack and Annie get when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to California in 1906. As soon as they arrive, the famous San Francisco earthquake hits the city. Can Jack and Annie find the final writing that they need to help Morgan save Camelot? Or will San Francisco be destroyed first?

Review: Feeling the rumble and tumble of San Francisc
Erina Komaki
-RANDOM HOUSE,MAGIC TREE HOUSE,level 2.4
-Time:11/15=65minutes
-7-word summary:morning-San Francisco-earthquake-land-boots-poem-photo
-Discussion questions:
1. This story is about earthquake. Have you ever experienced big earthquakes?
-Yes,I have. When I was a high school student, I went to Disneyland and then the Great East Japan Earthquake happened. I felt very scared. I think we shouldn't forget the earthquake.
2. In this story, the main characters were taken a picture and finally they appeared in
Nathaniel Mckenzie
It was one of the biggest earthquakes that the United States had ever had and Jack and Annie were trying to get a wooden plank that had some words on it.
Ricci
This book was a good way to introduce Teenie to the history of "The Great Shake" aka the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 and a quick, fun read.
Seth
Jack and Annie have to find something to lend. Jack and Annie find theirselves in the book! The biggest earthquake happened!
Juan-Diego
I wonder what happened to the people in California? What happened to the public books? What happened to the public houses? Who is Morgan le fay? Who was the guy tacking photos of Annie and Jack?
Carter Hester
it is good so far only 10 captter
Caleb Mckenzie
I liked earthquake in the early morning
Zubair
Mar 31, 2014 Zubair added it
i think it is about earthquck
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.6.6 5552words
Mindy
My children and I enjoyed learning about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. I love how the author interweaves true facts into these adventures about a brother and sister. We loved learning that a banker saved his money right after the earthquake by sending wagons of money to the bay. Also fun learning a private library moved its rare books to a separate place, but these were the books that were destroyed by the fire and the other books that were kept in the library were safe! We love the magic t ...more
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • The Missing Mummy (A to Z Mysteries, #13)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)

“There is no water and still less soap. We have no city, but lots of hope.” 18 likes