Start by marking “Moon Witch” as Want to Read:
Moon Witch

Moon Witch

Jarrod guarded Sara even against himself.
Sara Robins had never even heard of Jarrod Kyle until he became her guardian. He was far removed from anyone Sara, at seventeen, had known in the small, quiet world she'd lived in until her grandfather's death.

Jarrod Kyle was just twice her age, handsome, rich, successful and surrounded by sophisticated women. Perhaps it was inevita
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #38, 189 pages
Published March 1974 by Harlequin (first published 1970)

Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
Jacqueline
There was something charming about this book. The hero was much older here but while he was snippy and caustic to her sometimes, he wasn't hateful and degrading. She wasn't particularly wimpy. I thought she was fairly well written as a 17 year old testing out her sexual wings. I liked that the hero was aware that he was too old for the heroine and that he tried to stay away from her. So many times in these old Harleys just ignore the age difference and the hero treats the heroine as if she's 27.
sbf20112011
Oct 16, 2013 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars. I liked this one, but didn't find it that compelling because I didn't really feel the romance for a long way through it. This is an older one, but still, not even a kiss until almost the very end, despite the fact that the author talked about the heroine having sexual desires. Decent read, but I didn't think it was great.
Noël Cades
Jan 02, 2016 Noël Cades rated it it was amazing
Shelves: older-man
Moon Witch is a lovely vintage Mills & Boon romance, written and set in the 1970s. So of course you get all the usual "jet set" glamour from that era, a young virginal but spirited heroine, and an older rakish man of the world who of course falls in love with her and is - we assumed - redeemed by his passion.

Seventeen-year-old Sara Robins discovers that she's the ward of 35-year-old business magnate Jarrod Kyle. However it's Jarrod's elderly father J.K. that takes her on and starts splashing
Tia
Apr 05, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
Anne Mather has done it once again, she has made a book so emotional and bewitching that you can't do anything but flow with the book, characters and flip the pages begging for more. I really loved this story, I thought it was absolutely beautiful. The chemistry and passion hidden with hate and annoyance makes it all worth the while. The book was surely aptly named.
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Another vintage Harlequin May-December romance

Entertaining, but with an abrupt ending

I liked the hero's two girlfriends, I don't think I've ever read that in an old Harlequin before
Sanya
Apr 19, 2012 Sanya rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-harlequin
Nothing happens until the last 20 pages, but then you don't really want anything to happen, because she's 17 and he is 35. it took me almost a week to read it. Plain boring.
Lori Nemitz
Apr 17, 2016 Lori Nemitz rated it liked it
Read between January & June 1983.

Original noteso n book from 1983: Good love story. Neat setting in England.
Carrie Garza
Aug 19, 2015 Carrie Garza rated it liked it
Probably if I had read this 30 years ago I would have rated it higher. But yes, it is that old, and kind of silly.
Nada Gamal
Nada Gamal rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2011
Shaz
Shaz rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2013
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
yvette guy
yvette guy rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Anne Ivory
Anne Ivory rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
Sumona Ganguli
Sumona Ganguli rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
TravelingGal
TravelingGal rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2013
Lynda
Lynda rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2009
CLAUDINE AMABLE
CLAUDINE AMABLE rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Becklyn
Becklyn rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Vali
Vali rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Wed
Wed rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Lorna
Lorna rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2009
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2011
Angelie
Angelie rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
Shaeeza Haniff
Shaeeza Haniff rated it really liked it
May 19, 2011
Elizabeth Wepener
Elizabeth Wepener rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Elle
Elle rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Mildred Grieveson was born on October 10, 1946 in England. She had writtenall through her infant and junior years and on into her teens, the storieschanging from children's adventures to torrid gypsy passions. Her motherused to gather these up from time to time, when her bedroom became toountidy, and dispose of them!

Mildred has always wanted to write - which is not to say she has alwayswanted to b
More about Anne Mather...