Sleeping Beauty Box Set

Sleeping Beauty Box Set (Sleeping Beauty #1-3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  6,626 ratings  ·  187 reviews
Celebrate the daring gifts of Anne Rice, writing as A. N. Roquelaure, with this beautifully repackaged boxed set of the three erotic novels in her acclaimed Sleeping Beauty trilogy.
Paperback, Book Club edition, 724 pages
Published May 1st 1999 by Plume (first published 1983)

Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLord of the Deep by Dawn ThompsonLover Mine by J.R. Ward
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
128th out of 815 books — 1,035 voters
Interview With The Vampire by Anne RiceThe Vampire Lestat by Anne RiceThe Queen of the Damned by Anne RiceMemnoch the Devil by Anne RiceThe Witching Hour by Anne Rice
The Best of Anne Rice
18th out of 23 books — 170 voters

More lists with this book...

Vanessa G.
ah, anne rice's beauty series.

i was fourteen when i asked for this series for christmas. my family knew i loved to read and the only description i gave of the books was that they were just another anne rice goth trilogy. luckily, the box set i unwrapped christmas morning was still sealed in shrinkwrap. I think they would have had a heart attack if they knew they had bought their little catholic school girl bookworm a complete box set of graphic S&M erotica. oh! it was the best christmas eve...more
Agent 99
This is pure erotica. Not a romance. There is a lot of BDSM, servitude, Punishment, f/m, m/m, f/f, and multiple partners in various forms. Not for the faint of heart.
Bookwatcher
May 23, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Over 18
Shelves: erotica, bdsm
I read it so long ago .
Well… If you are over 18 and want to know how a erotic novel must be you MUST start with this one. I was so incredible (my personal experience) read about so many (stupid) taboos that I couldn’t stop. She is marvelous… great book. Enjoy (really, I mean, enjoy in all senses ) the reading.
Amber Adamchuk
I read this set years ago and yet even today it sends chills and awakens my private area's. Not meant for the young. Not meant for the prude. Well written. I love this set and could read it over and over.
Ashley Williams
These books were recommended to me, as research for the book I am writing. I was told that it would help me understand what total submission meant. And that it delivered. Anne Rice put such a twist on this fairy tale, that it is hard to look at my nieces Sleeping Beauty dolls.

The story is perverse “Hunger Games” of sorts. Princes and Princesses are sent as tributes to serve as sex slaves to the Crowned Queen, in order to maintain an alliance.

The first book Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, followed...more
Carolyn Bunkley
This set was a gift from someone who just didn't know any better. I read most of the first one; it was awful. I find it very difficult to just throw a book in the trash, preferring to give them to someone who'd appreciate them. I don't know anyone I could have inflicted this drek on. These books are among the very few I as all too happy to just trash. Ick.
Audrey
Sexy and erotic and all about S & M. Gay men sex, heterosexual sex, lesbian sex. This series is all about sex.
Heather
twisted version of sleeping beauty. very errotic
1marcus
Banned books! What is the cause for banning books? The top reason for banning books are sex, violence, drugs, and religion. Banning books doesn’t help student, it takes away from their learning or take away what they enjoy doing on their free time which is to read. Age plays a major roll that can stoop the banning of books. Violence is more then what people think it is. Sex plays a major roll in life too. I don’t think books should be banned

First age. Instead of banning books they can put in a...more
Delicious Strawberry
There are so many things wrong with this book, right from page one. I have read and enjoyed Ms. Rice's other works (including Exit to Eden and Belinda) and was very excited to read this trilogy. I understood that it would be more risque than her other books, including Exit to Eden but I was cool with that. However, I was dismayed to find that this was a book about contrived and unneccessary punishment with a ridiculous premise.

Beauty's parents let her go with a prince when they knew she was goin...more
Caramel
First, I took this book by mistake.. Its not what i normally read, And I wish I could undo that mistake,, I was barely 16 when I read it.. And it was too much for me,, sex, sex,sex and more sex.. And twisted sex.. I was horrified, with all respect I think this book is mentally, psychologically, twisted,, there's no romance, there is almost no feelings to it whatsoever. I would no why it was banned, it is waaaay bad. It was almost as if I lost my virginity reading it ! To me no sane person would...more
Adam
Oct 31, 2007 Adam rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Adults Only
Shelves: annerice
I have finished book one, "The Claiming of Beauty", in 2 days. I just couldn't put it down. I have never read anything like this trillogy, and probably never will again. It's labled as "literary erocita", but is bassically all the most horrible sexual situations you can think of.

I'm about half way through book 2, and at first I thought that Beauty was being used aginst her will, but now I am not so sure. She's more than willing to please, while trying to tell herself she is rebellious. If you wa...more
Debra
WARNING FOLKS: This is ADULT BDSM SEXUAL fantasy and could be shocking to those not familiar with the genre or lifestyle. It's not the best writing in the world, either. Only pick this series up if you are looking for some unique BDSM smut! Anne Rice fans beware... this is not her usual fare!

It'd be a interesting project for someone (not me) to note exactly how many times Beauty gets spanked in this and the rest of the series! And she's not the only one! Naughty, naughty, naughty... whack, whac...more
Leah
these naughty little books are an interesting read. They are erotica, so know that if you choose to read them- Anne Rice certainly had a dirty little mind at one point- for which I think she's trying to atone, now that she's re-embraced her Catholic faith and started writing about Jesus... These books are the kind that I don't mind that my sister's read them (which she has) but I would die if I knew my mother read them (which I'm praying she hasn't!!!)
** I read these as separate editions, probab...more
Don Juan Quixote
My daughter and step daughter were passing these books back and forth, so I finally snagged the first one in the series to see what all the excitement was.

After the first chapter my head was buzzing and I was so fascinated that I could not put it down. It made me realize how exciting public humiliation of a woman was to me. It was frightening to realize, and yet I felt like it was a breakthrough to know...Amazing work...This woman is a genius!!
Tiffany Adams
I have read this series like 10 times. It is by far the best erotic series I have ever read. Now, if you are a virgin and super pure, this is NOT the series for you. I have to say that this is not The Sleeping Beauty fairy tale that you are used to. Ann Rice made this more adult. Now, I will not tell you the what happened in this series. I will tell you if you want to read something naughty, this is it!!
DC
This book is a good read (note: erotica) for those who are into BDSM. This rather peculiar twist of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale is quite interesting-- I can still quite remember the singular scenes of the oriental palace. What's most curious is that just like any fairytale, this one ends in a happy ending-- one wherein a pretty princess gets a sexually-fulfilled happily ever after.
Sayward
I have currently read the first one of these. While I was dissapointed that it did not have more story, as the build-up always makes the naughty bits that much more exciting to me, it did have enough variety to keep me reading this erotica. Not for the faint of heart or the sexually prudish. Worth reading book two to see what happens.
Courtney
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I don't even know where to begin. After reading Fifty Shades, I was on a roll and looking for something else along the same track. Welllllllll, these books took me down the track and into a whole new world. Golly gee willikers, I'm blushing just thinking about them.
Lani
Basically some extremely boring erotica. I do like the attempt to graft it to the Sleeping Beauty tale, it's an interesting take. But generally not very interesting, especially not over the course of three - admittedly short - novels.
.:[♥]the Real
Love this book. It was definately a big change for anne rice to change from her usual vampire books. But like all her books was very sensual. I loved it. This is a book I could read over and over again without getting bored.
Madison Lucida
Mar 09, 2011 Madison Lucida added it Recommends it for: Jordan Leigh
I really enjoyed this series. I read it for the first time in freshman year of high school, but I recently re-read it. It is a fun look at what it might be like to live in the dominant/submissive lifestyle 24/7.
Holly Yuhnke
super erotic, beautifully written..... when I was reading these as a senior in high school I would call my H.S sweetheart for a roll in the hay I would get so worked up over reading these books!
Barbie
I was really disappointed and couldn't finish...I don't even know where to begin but the best I can come up with is in spanish...an arroz con mango.
Ashley
LOVE this series. Warning: A very "adult" version of the classic fairytale, quite kinky, so if that offends you I wouldn't recommend. Otherwise, absolutely worth reading!
♥Tricia♥
A fantastic version of the sleeping beauty fairy tale. Erotica at its finest. NOT for the closed minded of faint of heart!
Katherine Maxwell
these were interesting..and very very erotic..not a light read by any stretch.I'm honestly not sure how I feel about them.
Courtney
Very kinky. Super crazy. But, it opens the door of understanding into the whole S&M thing, which normally eludes me.
Angela
I need romance and these books had absolutely none! I found myself skimming the books just to finish them.
Adam Shaw
An extreme view of BDSM in a medieval setting with an interesting take on Sleeping Beauty.
  • Pandora / Vittorio the Vampire (New Tales of the Vampires)
  • Belinda
  • The Witches' Companion
  • Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)
  • Conversations with Anne Rice: An Intimate, Enlightening Portrait of Her Life and Work
  • Carrie's Story: An Erotic S/M Novel (Carrie’s Story #1)
  • Erotica: Delta Of Venus And Little Birds
  • Women on Top
  • The New Girl (Fantasy Heights, #2)
  • Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism
  • House of Dark Delights (Hidden Grotto, #1)
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story
A pseudonym of Anne Rice.

erotica, specifically S/M.
More about A.N. Roquelaure...
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1) Beauty's Release (Sleeping Beauty, #3) Beauty's Punishment (Sleeping Beauty, #2) The Sleeping Beauty Novels: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty / Beauty's Release / Beauty's Punishment