The Prada Paradox (Codebreaker Trilogy, #3)

The Prada Paradox (Codebreaker Trilogy #3)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  25 reviews
USA Today bestselling author Julie Kenner follows up her acclaimed thrillers The Givenchy Code and The Manolo Matrix with a whip-smart new adventure in code-breaking -- Hollywood-style!

Devi Taylor was one of Hollywood's fastest-rising starlets -- until a crazed fan held her at knifepoint and she retreated to a life of privacy and Valium. Now recovered and ready for a com...more
Published April 3rd 2007 by Gallery Books

Daneen
I am a huge fan of this series, and couldn't wait until the final installment was released. All in all, it was a okay read, but it leaves much to be desired. First of all, too much time is spent on Devi's backstory; you're a third of the way through the book before the game even gets underway. What I enjoyed so much about The Givenchy Code is that the action started almost immediately - with Mel, a girl we didn't know, caught up in this deadly game of cat and mouse...but as the story unfolded, w...more
george
3 1/2 stars, rounded up to 4. Good story, suspense, kept me riveted and interested throughout. I didn't realize that this is the final book in a trilogy until after I started it, but it stands alone just fine. I want to read the other two, it's just a little unfortunate that I already know the ending. The only thing that I didn't like was that the person behind the game was obvious from the start and not a surprise at all. At least to me (and a couple of other reviewers as well). Other than that...more
Mandy Beyers
I was thoroughly pleased with the finish to this trilogy of books. I enjoyed the way the three books were linked without being trite repeats of each other, and there were just enough misdirections in the plot to leave me pleasantly surprised when the answers were finally revealed. (I did suspect one character of being a villain, but did not guess how he was involved exactly, so I appreciated the mystery aspect.) Great trilogy!
Samantha
This is the 3rd and final book in a series. I didn't realize it until the end. As someone who likes to read books from a series in order, I wish I knew about the other 2 before reading this one. That being said all 3 books are separate stories with separate characters and you don't need to read the other 2 in order to enjoy the third.
Ashleigh Cartmill
What a great end to the series. I love how making a movie of the first book was the framework of this book. It was great to see the echos from the first book in this one. Also, I totally did not see that end coming. I mean I got a small inkling right before it happened, but I didn't believe it. Great series and one I totally have to buy.
Christy
The conclusion to the Kenner trilogy, this was a fantastic end to the story, I thought. We finally discover who is behind the madness, and of course get another installment of the game. Again, a favorite guilty pleasure read, one I'll revisit in the future, I'm sure.
Nenia Campbell
Super strong opening. I was super-psyched to read a book with a girlie protagonist that was still down to Earth. Devi Taylor is a child star who is only just starting to make a comeback after being sexually assaulted by an obsessed fan. She developed a kind of PTSD from this horrible encounter that caused her to withdraw from the public and media attentions.

Now, finally, she is in a movie about a game called Play.Win.Survive. A game that involves a target, an assassin, and a protector. She is st...more
Sharal Hunter
I enjoyed the first two books more but this was a decent ending to an excellent trilogy. The concept of the story was very interesting and intriguing and kept me guessing all the way to the end.
Rachel
I thought it was an intriguing story, but this book, along with her Manolo and Givenchy books are all the exact same plot, with different characters, and I thought that was pretty lame.
Kirsten
I didn't realize this was part 3 of a trilogy when I read it. Too bad...it was pretty good, but there's no sense in reading the first two now, since I know how they end.
Cheryl
This wasn't as good as the 1st two in the series. I had figured out the mastermind before the book even started. That said, I still had fun with it.
Kathy Davie
This games-playing scavenger hunt involves an actress and her ex-lover in a romp through the movies. Kenner introduces another twist in this particular game.
Third book in the series with The Givenchy Code and The Manolo Matrix. So dumb and derivative of the previous two, yet an entertaining quick read.
colleen
Wraps up the trilogy. Spends a lot of pages rehashing previous events. The interview the author does of herself in the back of the book is cute.
Maria (Ri)
This held my interest and kept my mind off my ever growing baby belly (my son was born 3 weeks later!).
Shannon Jorgensen
I didn't enjoy this book at all. It was a chick lit thriller that didn't keep me interested.
Ronnie
A different spin than the previous two stories but provides an incredible wrap up of the series.
Timothy
A quick close to the trilogy. Perhaps not as exciting as the 1st book.
Jayne
I like this a lot better than Manolo..fun to read
Kim
Aug 15, 2007 Kim added it
An excellent conclusion to this series!
Melanie
The Prada Paradox by Julie Kenner (2007)
Beth A
Mind candy. Beach read.
Patti
Fun, chic-lit, easy read.
Pam
Aug 06, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: fiction
08/04/08 rec via pbs
Nsc
Nsc marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Vesna
Vesna marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
  • Killer Summer
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Hit Reply
  • Midori by Moonlight
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Hot Shot
  • States of Confusion: My 19,000-Mile Detour to Find Direction
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Mafia Chic
  • On the Couch
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Make Me a Match
  • Her Man Friday
  • An Ex To Grind: A Novel
  • Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #2)
Carpe Demon (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #1) California Demon (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #2) Demons Are Forever (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #3) Deja Demon (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #4) Demon Ex Machina (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #5)