Start by marking “This Little Piggy Went to Prada: Nursery Rhymes for the Blahnik Brigade” as Want to Read:
This Little Piggy Went to Prada: Nursery Rhymes for the Blahnik Brigade

This Little Piggy Went to Prada: Nursery Rhymes for the Blahnik Brigade

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
For the woman more accustomed to singing Missoni's praises than singing lullabies comes Amy Allen's irresistible This Little Piggy Went to Prada: Nursery Rhymes for the Blahnik Brigade. Filled from cover to cover with sumptuous full color illustrations by Eun-Kyung Kung, This Little Piggy Went to Prada presents classic nursery rhymes with a thoroughly modern and charmingly ...more
Published October 24th 2006 by It Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about This Little Piggy Went to Prada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Little Piggy Went to Prada

Kristl
Jan 24, 2008 Kristl rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: You know who you are
Um, I really wanted to like this book. Nursery rhymes turned couture? What's not to like? Every girl (on SOME level, I admit I'm at the "barely care" level) fantasizes about basking in the Riviera sun while being pampered all while wearing a gold Dolce & Gabbana bikini.

That's all fine and dandy, but what I didn't like about these rhymes with a (literal?) facelift was the snobbish tone that often had mommy joking about not having enough money to pay the cook or the housekeeper and sometimes,
Melanie
I never want to become a mum,but I love the illustrations.
Amanda
I'm a label whore.

What else can I say?
Mugren Ohaly
Clever, but not quite good. At times, the nursery rhyme felt forced.
Denyce
Absolutely adorable! No bonafide fashionista will be able to resist this book for her daughter, as a gift to an expecting fellow fashionista, or simply as a delightful little coffee table book that will undoubtedly create a little envious stir amongst your girlfriends ;) Couture name dropping at it's nursery rhyme finest!
Johnny Galt
A fun idea for a book but really only a certain demographic will get it. It was playful and fun and the illustrations were whimsical. I liked how the author modified traditional nursery rhymes and also was thoughtful by including the originals in an "appendix."
Nichole
This book is so cute and super fun!
Think, "Nursury Rhymes" meet "Sex and the City" and you have this fun book. Amy Allen has modified your most loved rhymes to reflect a urban chic life. It makes you feel like a little princess all over again.

JOHANNA FOUST
Apr 21, 2008 JOHANNA FOUST rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: LAS FASIONISTAS!
Recommended to JOHANNA by: love you Heather!
Hannah and I laughed and had to look up some of the designer names on line which just made the book even more fun -Thanks for b-day present Heather!
Christine
So cute.... so fun! Definitly written more for mommy than for baby... it's become a staple in my stack of coffee table books.
Amber Creswick
old favorite nursery rhymes updated for today's fashionista's.
Gladys A San Jose
A gift book I gave myself last year.
Lucy Pope
Lucy Pope marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Jaimie
Jaimie marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Sep 01, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Politics of Our Selves: Power, Autonomy, and Gender in Contemporary Critical Theory Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss: Includes 80 Mouthwatering Meal Recipes Under 30 Minutes & The 5-Step Quick Start Plan The Power of Feminist Theory: Domination, Resistance, Solidarity The Cloth Diaper Bible - You Can Cloth Diaper!: A Helpful Overview Of Cloth Diapers Pumpkin Brownie Mix Brownies (Awesome Fast Recipe Fall Halloween Anyone Can Make!)