Start by marking “Dead Doctors Don't Lie” as Want to Read:

Dead Doctors Don't Lie

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
none
Published July 1st 1999 by Legacy Communications

To ask other readers questions about Dead Doctors Don't Lie, please sign up.

Lynne I'm a Youngevity user/distributor and I would just encourage you to go with an open mind. Take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee and see if…moreI'm a Youngevity user/distributor and I would just encourage you to go with an open mind. Take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee and see if you don't feel better in that time using the "90 For Life" supplements. Enjoy!(less)

Iona  Stewart
Aug 03, 2011 Iona Stewart rated it really liked it
This is another important book for those seeking to improve their health by finding alternative solutions.

The author's basic tenet is that all diseases and health complaints are due to a lack of minerals/vitamins. The two minerals we all most need to supplement our diet with are selenium and copper. Selenium protects against heart disesase, cancer and MS, and, notably, is an essential supplement for women prior to pregnancy, since Wallach brought to light and proved years ago that the cause of c
John
Nov 23, 2012 John rated it did not like it
This is a marketing scheme and I will tell you why below:

Dr. Wallach is a fraud and goes off the deep end after he basically denounced the entire medical industry as rich fat cats who do what they want for profit and nothing else. Maybe he’s jealous because if he was a real doctor he wouldn’t be denouncing his industry after spending 20+ years living in poverty and studying to become one! Doctors go through ten years of medical schooling and spend 3-8 years in an apprenticeship barely making eno
Tan
Oct 02, 2012 Tan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent revealations about the health care industry. My advice everybody should read this before going to the grocery store or pharmacy store.
Jen
Mar 14, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
This is a good book if you are looking at alternative medicines.
Susan
Oct 04, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Dr. Wallach stated that minerals, which we don't get enough of, are the catalyst that helps our bodies assimilate vitamins. I've ordered his Youngivity products. I've tried a lot of different vitamin supplements and I have never found a vitamin that gives me the strength and energy that his product does. The book wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it was an entertaining and fascinating read. Well worth the time.
Greg Strandberg
Apr 09, 2015 Greg Strandberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'll go ahead and mark this book as done, even though I didn't 'finish' it. The reason for that is that the final 200 or so pages are appendices that list all kinds of nutritional deficiencies in alphabetical order. That's pretty helpful.

The rest of the book leading up to that is great. You get fun stories of zoos and animals and how the vitamins they took kept those animals healthy. There's a lot of marketing and business information in this book, which some people might not like. I liked it my
Gwen
Sep 15, 2014 Gwen rated it it was amazing
loved the book!!! I am on the product and it has changed my life. I have crohn's disease and was looking for a more natural cure. :)
Jay
Sep 23, 2014 Jay rated it did not like it
Snake oil.

Wallach is a glorified vitamin salesman. He sells absurdly marked up vitamin-mineral products. You can buy the equivalent of what he sells elsewhere for a small fraction of what he charges.

His whole pitch is disingenuous as h-ll.

Look no farther than the title:

"Dead Doctors Don't Lie"

OK, I get it, Joel. You know better than every MD. You are an animal doctor, and you have a pseudoscience-based naturopathic degree, so, suddenly, you somehow know ALL about people doctoring.

Uh-huh. Right.
Dana Roberts
May 03, 2014 Dana Roberts rated it did not like it
Shelves:
The author is recommended by Benny Hinn. That's says enough. As others have noted his data is flawed. I have seen so many of these books come and go. They fight medical history and provide false hope for people who expect to live to be 120+. "Lord when I'm too tired to serve YOU, take me."
Lynne
Jan 14, 2015 Lynne rated it it was ok
It's a poorly written book with a very important message: You can't get everything you need to be healthy from just the food you eat.

He seems to have written the book without crafting an outline first. Yes, it is chronological, which helps, but he moves from thought to thought without opening paragraphs or closing sentences or other structures of good composition. My point is that people may lose out on the overall message because the book is an unpleasant read.

If you are curious about Dr. Wal
Terje
Sep 09, 2015 Terje rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
A must read to get perspective on personal health
Karl
May 28, 2015 Karl rated it it was amazing
Great read.
Beth
May 12, 2014 Beth marked it as to-read
Dietary supplement and lifestyle guidelines for healthier living.
Marlin Wenger
eye-opening, precise! informative!
Becky
Jan 03, 2015 Becky rated it it was ok
It was just ok. The author's story was mostly interesting and this was mostly just a story of his life. It convinced me to look into the amounts of minerals in my multi-vitamin and add a magnesium supplement (since my multi is severly lacking).

The book went into far too much detail about his life, though, without adding any more information than "here is more proof that you need minerals". I really lost interest toward the end, when he started talking about his various business dealings with th
Brenda
Jul 11, 2014 Brenda added it
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Mary
May 21, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
It surprised me how much I enjoyed reading this book and learning Dr. Wallach's story. Definitely full of very important information on our health and well-being.
Kevin
Jul 02, 2011 Kevin rated it liked it
Interesting. Like the beginning which deals with his experience as a veterinarian and his growing awareness of mineral deficiency as a source of illness in humans as well. Bogged down for me as he joined the world of multilevel marketing.
Brian
Dec 11, 2011 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contained some interesting, controversial information regarding the science of illness and supplements, but too much opinion and biography for a higher rating.
Anita Williamson
Apr 04, 2012 Anita Williamson rated it liked it
Interesting ideas. It will be interesting to see how his ideas hold up to time.
TarZan
Dec 05, 2013 TarZan added it
This book is an absolute must read.

Chronic disease is on the rise in the United States. We are spending more on health care than all the rest of the nations combined. But is it working? Here in the United States we are 60th in Life Expectancy. We rank 41st in terms of Infant Mortality and 1 in 3 Americans are either diabetic or pre-diabetic. And we are the most obese nation in the world. So the answer is No! The solution is simple. Dr. Wallach say's, "It's not just what you eat that kills you b
James E
James E rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Sonia Jones
Sonia Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
debbie rayas
debbie rayas rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Dennis Miller
Dennis Miller rated it really liked it
JULIA
JULIA marked it as to-read
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Rukaya Ballim
Rukaya Ballim marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
  • Malignant: How Cancer Becomes Us
  • The Mushroom Cultivator: A Practical Guide for Growing Mushrooms at Home
  • Milk - The Deadly Poison
  • Medication Madness: True Stories of Mayhem, Murder & Suicide Caused by Psychiatric Drugs
  • Your Face Never Lies
  • Cancer: Step Outside the Box
  • Alzheimer's Disease: What If There Was a Cure?: The Story of Ketones
  • Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
  • Dissolving Illusions
  • Fateful Harvest: The True Story of a Small Town, a Global Industry, and a Toxic Secret
  • In the Name of Science: A History of Secret Programs, Medical Research, and Human Experimentation
  • Finding Kansas: Decoding the Enigma of Asperger's Syndrome
  • The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
  • A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments
  • Where Did the Towers Go?: Evidence of Directed Free-Energy Technology on 9/11
  • Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life
  • Book of Poisons: A Guide for Writers
  • Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?
Wallach, J. D. (Joel D.)
Wallach, Joel
Wallach, Joel D.
More about Joel D. Wallach...