Start by marking “Dead Doctors Don't Lie” as Want to Read:

Dead Doctors Don't Lie

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  18 reviews
none
Published July 1st 1999 by Legacy Communications

To ask other readers questions about Dead Doctors Don't Lie, please sign up.

Lynne I'm a Youngevity user/distributor and I would just encourage you to go with an open mind. Take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee and see if…moreI'm a Youngevity user/distributor and I would just encourage you to go with an open mind. Take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee and see if you don't feel better in that time using the "90 For Life" supplements. Enjoy!(less)

John
This is a marketing scheme and I will tell you why below:

Dr. Wallach is a fraud and goes off the deep end after he basically denounced the entire medical industry as rich fat cats who do what they want for profit and nothing else. Maybe he’s jealous because if he was a real doctor he wouldn’t be denouncing his industry after spending 20+ years living in poverty and studying to become one! Doctors go through ten years of medical schooling and spend 3-8 years in an apprenticeship barely making eno
Tan
Excellent revealations about the health care industry. My advice everybody should read this before going to the grocery store or pharmacy store.
Iona  Main Stewart
This is another important book for those seeking to improve their health by finding alternative solutions.

The author's basic tenet is that all diseases and health complaints are due to a lack of minerals/vitamins. The two minerals we all most need to supplement our diet with are selenium and copper. Selenium protects against heart disesase, cancer and MS, and, notably, is an essential supplement for women prior to pregnancy, since Wallach brought to light and proved years ago that the cause of c
Jen
This is a good book if you are looking at alternative medicines.
Susan
Dr. Wallach stated that minerals, which we don't get enough of, are the catalyst that helps our bodies assimilate vitamins. I've ordered his Youngivity products. I've tried a lot of different vitamin supplements and I have never found a vitamin that gives me the strength and energy that his product does. The book wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it was an entertaining and fascinating read. Well worth the time.
Jay
Snake oil.

Wallach is a glorified vitamin salesman. He sells absurdly marked up vitamin-mineral products. You can buy the equivalent of what he sells elsewhere for a small fraction of what he charges.

His whole pitch is disingenuous as h-ll.

Look no farther than the title:

"Dead Doctors Don't Lie"

OK, I get it, Joel. You know better than every MD. You are an animal doctor, and you have a pseudoscience-based naturopathic degree, so, suddenly, you somehow know ALL about people doctoring.

Uh-huh. Right.
Dana Roberts
The author is recommended by Benny Hinn. That's says enough. As others have noted his data is flawed. I have seen so many of these books come and go. They fight medical history and provide false hope for people who expect to live to be 120+. "Lord when I'm too tired to serve YOU, take me."
Lynne
It's a poorly written book with a very important message: You can't get everything you need to be healthy from just the food you eat.

He seems to have written the book without crafting an outline first. Yes, it is chronological, which helps, but he moves from thought to thought without opening paragraphs or closing sentences or other structures of good composition. My point is that people may lose out on the overall message because the book is an unpleasant read.

If you are curious about Dr. Wal
Gwen
loved the book!!! I am on the product and it has changed my life. I have crohn's disease and was looking for a more natural cure. :)
Becky
It was just ok. The author's story was mostly interesting and this was mostly just a story of his life. It convinced me to look into the amounts of minerals in my multi-vitamin and add a magnesium supplement (since my multi is severly lacking).

The book went into far too much detail about his life, though, without adding any more information than "here is more proof that you need minerals". I really lost interest toward the end, when he started talking about his various business dealings with th
Beth
May 12, 2014 Beth marked it as to-read
Dietary supplement and lifestyle guidelines for healthier living.
Marlin Wenger
eye-opening, precise! informative!
Brenda
Jul 11, 2014 Brenda added it
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Kevin
Interesting. Like the beginning which deals with his experience as a veterinarian and his growing awareness of mineral deficiency as a source of illness in humans as well. Bogged down for me as he joined the world of multilevel marketing.
Brian
Contained some interesting, controversial information regarding the science of illness and supplements, but too much opinion and biography for a higher rating.
Anita Williamson
Interesting ideas. It will be interesting to see how his ideas hold up to time.
Terje
A must read to get perspective on personal health
TarZan
Dec 05, 2013 TarZan added it
This book is an absolute must read.

Chronic disease is on the rise in the United States. We are spending more on health care than all the rest of the nations combined. But is it working? Here in the United States we are 60th in Life Expectancy. We rank 41st in terms of Infant Mortality and 1 in 3 Americans are either diabetic or pre-diabetic. And we are the most obese nation in the world. So the answer is No! The solution is simple. Dr. Wallach say's, "It's not just what you eat that kills you b
Mariam
Mariam is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2015
Eric van Dalen
Eric van Dalen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Rozy
Rozy marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Casey Dougall
Casey Dougall marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Francisco Lake
Francisco Lake marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Oganon Okoji
Oganon Okoji marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Laura Josserand
Laura Josserand marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Berryshabangu
Berryshabangu marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Winnie Cai
Winnie Cai marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
  • A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments
  • Fateful Harvest: The True Story of a Small Town, a Global Industry, and a Toxic Secret
  • In the Name of Science: A History of Secret Programs, Medical Research, and Human Experimentation
  • Book of Poisons: A Guide for Writers
  • Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?
  • The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated)
  • The Elements of Murder: A History of Poison
  • Rats, Lice, and History: Being a Study in Biography, Which, After Twelve Preliminary Chapters Indispensable for the Preparation of the Lay Reader, Deals With the Life History of Typhus Fever
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry
  • Mushrooms Demystified
  • America's Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones
  • The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It
  • Sweet Deception: Why Splenda, Nutrasweet, and the FDA May Be Hazardous to Your Health
  • Charis: God's Scandalous Grace for Us
  • A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination
  • Vienna
  • Pocket Dictionary of Signing, Revised and Expanded
Wallach, J. D. (Joel D.)
Wallach, Joel
Wallach, Joel D.
More about Joel D. Wallach...
Let's Play Doctor! Let's Play Herbal Doctor Rare Earths: Forbidden Cures Hell's Kitchen: Cause, Prevention & Cure of Obesity, Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome Epigenetics: The Death of the Genetic Theory of Disease Transmission