Start by marking “Les sortceliers (Tara Duncan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Les sortceliers (Tara Duncan, #1)

Les sortceliers (Tara Duncan #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  934 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Magister, le Maître des Sangraves, a décidé de s'emparer coûte que coûte de Tara'tylanhnem Duncan, dite Tara. Afin d'échapper au maléfique "Homme au Masque", la jeune fille doit s'enfuir sur AutreMonde en compagnie de Manitou, son arrière-grand-père transformé en labrador par un sort malencontreux. Sous la protection du fantasque Maître Chem, Haut Mage du royaume du Lancov ...more
480 pages
Published May 2nd 2003 by Seuil Jeunesse (first published May 2003)

Krul Tepes
May 31, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tara-duncan
This book was so awesome! I love it! I really am amazed at the use of words the author uses to match the characters' attitudes! I also love the fact that Tara became the Metaphor Demon Lady! It was so funny when every time she was under the spell of the demon and she said a metaphor that came true! Also, I love how Cal is so relax and upbeat! He is so funny!
Cristina Boncea
Laurie
Jan 06, 2015 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-french
My Kindle broke, I had to get a new one, I lost all my statistics, I can't get caught by the Winner's Curse and I'm four books ahead on my goodreads schedule so yes, I've decided to re-read an old french book from my childhood.

My small pleasure to end this exhausting week

EDIT: Always the same pleasure re-reading this book.
22-27 june 2014
Drunkenness Books
Aug 26, 2014 Drunkenness Books rated it really liked it
Une chose est sûre, lorsque j’ai acheté ce premier tome des aventures de Tara Duncan, ce n’était pas à cause de sa couverture. Parce que celle de la première édition était vraiment moche et le résumé ne donnait pas envie. La raison de l’achat était très simple : c’était les vacances d’été, j’avais 14 ans, je lisais énormément et j’avais épuisé le rayon littérature jeunesse du centre commercial à proximité. Il ne me restait plus que ce livre… que j’ai acheté… et je ne l’ai pas regretté !

Je prévie
Rosver
Dec 04, 2013 Rosver rated it it was ok
This book is fun and exciting to read but at the same time full of faults, lacks depth and very simplistic. It has some very good passages but is also mixed in with parts that just smacks of amateurism. It lacks skill and polish making it fall into mediocrity.

For me the greatest element of this book are the interesting helping characters, though all the characters are simplistic and one dimensional. Tara, the main character and protagonist, is good enough. She has great power and born to royalty
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
rating: 3.75/5

review to come.
Andria
I so totally did not think I was going to like this book and just picked it up because of how pretty and bright the cover was. Usually books that are translated are stiff and hard to follow, not the case here. The world building is incredible and there is even an appendix in the back that describes all of the countries at you experienced and the ones that are going to happen in subsequent volumes. This would be a great mentor text for those writers who want to learn how world building should loo ...more
Ly
Sep 05, 2013 Ly rated it really liked it
Ce premier tome de Tara Duncan narre les aventures d'une jeune fille de 12 ans, Tara'tylanhnem, alias Tara. Elle va apprendre qu'elle possède des pouvoirs magiques et va être embarquée dans une sacrée aventure!
J'avais lu ce livre, quand j'avais 12-13 ans au collège. A l'époque, je l'avais adoré. Je m'étais précipitée sur le tome 2 et 3. Mais par la suite, je n'ai jamais cherché à continuer à le lire.
Ma cousine m'a donc récemment prêté le tome 1 et 4. J'ai décidé de lire cette saga - elle a to
Lucile
Oct 28, 2015 Lucile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, that series was maybe one of the first ya/fantasy book I've read. And I loved it. Now I'm kindda confused about the sequel.

The first/second/third books were awesome. I loved how the universe was evolving and how Tara was becoming stronger and stronger (and how catastrophes were falling upon her ahah) and her friends were as badasses as ever. But from the fourth book, wowowow I don't really understand what was going on: too more plot twists coming from nowhere and weren't really logical to t
V.T. Arneson
Apr 14, 2016 V.T. Arneson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book even though many people say it ripped off Harry Potter (which it did not becase her 1st manuscript was finished in 1991-she wrote it during the 80's) not 1997 when harry potter came out. ___"I sent my manuscript to publishers in 1991. "Too big" they answered me "too thick" "too magical". Presses de la Cité wanted me to cut it in three volumes. As I planned ten volumes, this multiplied by three and gave thirty volumes! Pffff! I refused and waited ...
Wait ...
Wait ... that publishe
M
Feb 21, 2016 M rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, childrens
This was a pretty blatant Harry Potter ripoff without any real redeeming qualities. Sometimes, books that blatantly rip off earlier, more successful ones will at least introduce a few interesting twists that make me enjoy the ripoff (such as the Shannara series managing to move beyond Tolkien fantasy). Tara Duncan completely fails to do this. Tara is a seemingly normal girl who discovers she has great magical powers and a secret destiny in the hidden world of magic. She's sent off to a magical c ...more
Bianca St.
This book is amazing! The main character is like a female Harry Potter who finds out that she belongs to a magic world and once she gets there she makes new friends and starts a big adventure! I highly reccomend the book!
Alicemarie
Dec 31, 2013 Alicemarie rated it really liked it
J'ai passé un excellent moment à lire ce livre, j'ai eu l'impression de retomber en enfance et de redécouvrir les sensations que j'avais éprouvé lors de ma première lecture d'Harry Potter.
Autremonde est un monde fabuleux remplie de nouvelles créatures ou de créatures que nous connaissons déjà tel les Vampires ou les Dragons, mais l'auteur nous le dépeint avec une fantaisie et une multitude de détails telle que nous avons l'impression de redécouvrir tout ça.
Elle a développé toute une mythologie
Rachel
Jul 09, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was my favorite book for a long time. Got it from the library then bought it. It's the fantasy version of Indiana Jones.
Nessam
Mar 09, 2016 Nessam rated it it was amazing
Je relis en ce moment cette série de mon enfance. Plus jeune, je devais économiser mon argent pour les livres et ne pouvait m'en payer que 2 ou 3 par année, mais le nouveau tome de Tara en faisait toujours partie. Faute d'avoir une bibliothèque garnie, je relisais encore et encore les quelques livres que j'avais. J'ai lu tant de fois Tara Duncan, que même 10 ans plus tard plusieurs passages sont tout à fait familiers. Je connaissais toujours par coeur le poème en s de Moineau, de même qu'à peu p ...more
Nolany
Feb 09, 2016 Nolany rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Ce qui m'a beaucoup dérangé ça a été de devoir faire des allers-retours presque constants entre les mots marqués d'une astérisque et le lexique, rien que le temps que je lise la définition du mot et j'avais zappé ce qui c'était passé juste avant dans l'histoire, ça m'a complètement cassé mon rythme de lecture, il faut dire que ce n'était pas l'idéal pour apprécié ce livre.
Ensuite, je trouve qu'il y avait trop de mots nouveaux/inventés balancés dans l'histoire et même avec leur définition c'était
HBalikov
It used to be that all fantasy-magical stories were compared to Tolkien. Now, they are more likely to be compared to the Harry Potter novels.

The author has put a lot of thought into her fantasy world and there is a lot to like in what she has achieved. There are those with magical abilities and those without. Magic is taught to those who have the aptitude in a special place where they serve as apprentices.

Tara Duncan, who is a young teenager, lives a quite luxurious life and is in the care of h
Duca Blueheart
Romanian Review:

Tara Duncan este o carte pe care am luat-o la intamplare in ziua in care am implinit 17 ani. Nu stiu ce m-a facut sa o iau, insa in momentul acela parea cea mai buna idee sa imi incep vacanta cu "sora franceza a lui Harry Potter".

Tara este o tanara de 12 ani care locuieste intr-un mic orasel numit Tagon din Franta impreuna cu bunica ei, Isabella. Totul este perfect pana in ziua in care este atacata de niste oameni cu masti, iar bunica ei este grav ranita. Atunci se intampla ceva
Pitchy
Feb 10, 2016 Pitchy rated it it was ok
Shelves: before-2012, 2016
J'ai eu l'envie de relire les premiers tomes de Tara Duncan (je les ai lu une première fois quand j'étais beaucoup plus jeune), avec l'idée d'éventuellement lire les tomes suivants si cela me plaisait toujours.
Quelle déception...
J'ai trouvé l'écriture très pauvre, clairement dirigée vers un public jeune à un point où cela en est juste trop. Après tout, si on compare à un livre dans la même catégorie, Harry Potter est aussi destiné à un public jeune à la base, mais l'écriture y est normale et non
Marie Faure
Jan 26, 2016 Marie Faure rated it did not like it
J'ai vraiment eu du mal à accroché à ce livre, bien que l'histoire soit intéressante, je n'ai pas réussis à m'y intéressé plus que ça. Cependant j'aime beaucoup les différents personnages, Tara et ses amis sont très attachants.
Marieb
Oct 17, 2014 Marieb rated it it was amazing
FR: Mon livre préféré durant mon enfance. En plus, l'auteur est une vraie princesse.

EN: Favorite book form my childhood. Plus, the author is a real princess.
Slymandra
Il n'y a pas à tortiller, énormément d'éléments de ce premier tome ont leur équivalent dans le monde d'Harry Potter, à tel point que ça m'en a mise mal à l'aise. Alors oui, l'auteur dit avoir écrit le livre avant la sortie d'HP, blah blah blah, mais tenons-nous en aux faits : les dates d'édition des deux livres.
A part ça, l'héroïne est une Marie-Sue/Miss Parfaite, l'humour est au ras des pâquerettes et le récit n'a pas de profondeur. J'étais pile dans la cible de lecteurs quand je l'ai lu, et j'
Shanna
Sep 26, 2014 Shanna rated it really liked it
This series is written by a French author, but it's a wonderful world in which I loved live in.
Melyssa
Mar 28, 2016 Melyssa rated it liked it
Shelves: vf, série-jeunesse
Joli patchwork de tout ce que l'on peut trouver dans la fantasy jeunesse - ce qui n'est pas un souci en soit tant que l'auteur sait s'approprier ce qu'il puise allègrement dans le grand chaudron commun à tous. Malheureusement, ça n'est pas tout à fait le cas pour ce tome 1 et ceux qui n'en sont pas à leur première lecture du genre se lasseront rapidement.
Mais ceux pour qui Tara est une introduction (les principales cibles étant les jeunes filles) devraient par contre beaucoup s'amuser, si l'on
Melissa
YA/children's fantasy: girl discovers magic powers, goes off and meets dragons, dwarves, elves, magic students, etc, saves the world from evil demons, and then goes back to school. Nothing earth-shattering, but a fun way to practice french. :) It reminded me a lot of the "la quete d'Ewilan" series (by Pierre Bottero).
Aurora
Sep 12, 2013 Aurora rated it really liked it
According to the author, she was only able to publish this thanks to the release of the first harry potter. Sad how when I was reading this, I thought the writer was biting off j.k Rowling :/ when she had the manuscript way before the Harry Potter series. Kinda reminded me of Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo, what with the white hair and all.
By the way, read this in English.
Ema.reads
Jan 10, 2016 Ema.reads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The first volume of a series of success ... Each page was full of suspense. The author succeeds in creating a new world, original. It is an exceptional book.
RogueHireling
Aug 01, 2013 RogueHireling rated it liked it
I actually read this in english.
Was a quick read, simplistic writing, simplistic adventure.
Mild flirting, no real romance.
Marie Matinz
Jan 03, 2015 Marie Matinz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I wish more of these books were in english. I am learning French just to read these books.
  • D'un monde à l'autre (La Quête d'Ewilan, #1)
  • The Mystery of Lord Sha (Book of the Stars, #2)
  • Pacte de sang (Rebecca Kean, #2)
  • The Lightning Catcher (The Lightning Catcher, #1)
  • O Crepúsculo dos Elfos (A Trilogia dos Elfos, #1)
  • La Louve et l'Enfant (La Moïra, #1)
  • Beswitched
  • The Path of Names
  • City of Fire (City Trilogy, #1)
  • The Knight (High Kingdom, #1)
  • Povestea lui Harap Alb
  • The Wall and the Wing (Wall and the Wing, #1)
  • The Dragon of Cripple Creek
  • Jenny’s First Adventure (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #0.5)
Audouin-Mamikonian est née en France le 24 août 1961 d’où elle a puisé les contes et légendes alimentant son imaginaire. Elle est titulaire d'un DESS de diplomatie et Stratégie et est mariée, mère de deux filles, Diane et Marine, qui sont ses correctrices. Elle partage son temps entre sa famille, l'écriture et ses activités avec l’association Douleurs sans frontières, dirigée par le docteur Alain ...more
More about Sophie Audouin-Mamikonian...

Tara Duncan (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Le livre interdit (Tara Duncan, #2)
  • Le sceptre maudit (Tara Duncan, #3)
  • Le dragon renégat (Tara Duncan, #4)
  • Le continent interdit (Tara Duncan, #5)
  • Dans le piège de Magister (Tara Duncan, #6)
  • Tara Duncan et l'invasion fantôme (Tara Duncan, #7)
  • L'impératrice maléfique (Tara Duncan, #8)
  • Tara Duncan contre la reine noire (Tara Duncan, #9)
  • Dragons contre Démons (Tara Duncan, #10)
  • La Guerre des planètes (Tara Duncan #11)