Start by marking “Organic Gardening: A Practical Guide to Natural Gardens, from Planning and Planting to Harvesting and Maintenance” as Want to Read:

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This illustrated compendium shows readers how to create an organic garden, whether you want a family orientated space, a small town garden or a large kitchen garden. There is practical information on all the imperative aspects of organic gardening from soil preparation to weed control and feeding. What to do with pests and diseases is also a major worry but is covered in f ...more
Published May 1st 2003 by Lorenz Books

To ask other readers questions about Organic Gardening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic Gardening

KJ
Nov 01, 2012 KJ rated it really liked it
Oh they make it sound so simple. And I'm loving it. Double dig a ditch! Why I'll do that during my lunch hour! It sounds so quick and easy! Actually I am awaiting until my neighbors leave on the first to go to Phoenix for a month so there is no witness to the fool I am sure to make of myself getting my garden started.
Leonardo Etcheto
A great overview of the techniques and issues involved in organic gardening. Like everything it takes thought and preparation as well as some experimentation. The book does not go too deeply into any one subject but gives you enough to get started without missing anything major. Shocker for me is that mowing the lawn often is actually better for it. Now I have no excuse not to do it.
Jessica
Jun 29, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Super thorough. Covers everything from how to start vege, fruit and flora and fauna seeds maintenance to natural pesticides to plant viruses. It ha a wonderful calendar of care and the back of a book is a huge glossary of fruits and veges with everything you need to know for their keeping and care. There are even directions of how to build different types of greenhouses!
Judith
Jul 05, 2010 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gardening
I liked the calender of care, but I found too much introductory material for what I need
Manintheboat
Mar 06, 2011 Manintheboat rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Massive gardening 101 book.
Marlon
Marlon marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Shotu Aha
Shotu Aha marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Nathalia
Nathalia rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Joshua Crawford
Joshua Crawford rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Marc Williams
Marc Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Edward
Edward added it
Nov 30, 2014
Katleen Mcmahom
Katleen Mcmahom marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Mandi Kane
Mandi Kane is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2013
Manuela Muntean
Manuela Muntean marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2013
Aïsha
Aïsha marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Durelle Rabe
Durelle Rabe marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Corine Hardman-Szerdy
Corine Hardman-Szerdy rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
J
J rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Keith Thibodeaux
Keith Thibodeaux rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Jenny
Jenny added it
May 27, 2012
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Christa (linuxchic)
Christa (linuxchic) rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2011
Moonlight
Moonlight marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2011