Start by marking “Joy Cometh in the Morning: A Story of Healing from the Loss of a Child” as Want to Read:
Joy Cometh in the Morning: A Story of Healing from the Loss of a Child

Joy Cometh in the Morning: A Story of Healing from the Loss of a Child

Published March 28th 2007 by Shadow Mountain (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Joy Cometh in the Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joy Cometh in the Morning

Lawrence Stone
Sep 08, 2012 Lawrence Stone rated it liked it
Shelves: go-back-to-later
After Melissa's accident we were given this book to look through. It was the first one I picked up and began to read. Having, at that moment lost a child, I wanted to know what I could do to take care of my family and maybe even look at somethings to expect over the next year. I feel that this story is inspiring and is an important story to tell, but I had a really hard time relating to her story because it seemed so different from mine. The death of our children, though they were both tragic, w ...more
Sharonzula
Jun 10, 2011 Sharonzula rated it really liked it
This is a great book for anyone who has suffered the loss of a child. It is primarily written with personal examples from those who have lost small children and infants, however the uplifting quotes from the scriptures and prophets are comforting for anyone whose has suffered the loss of a loved one at any age. Fran Hafen shares her personal experiences in an honest and straight forward way about the death of her infant son, including the blessings and tests of her faith. It's a short read.
Robyn
Aug 19, 2009 Robyn rated it it was ok
This is another LDS perspective of a mother who lost a child. I don't think this one is as well written as for they shall be comforted. She keeps intrupting her narrative with scriptures, songs, poems, and journal entries so the flow is choppy. But it might be good for a woman who has not lost a child as the choppyness keeps you from getting too deep into the story and the sorrow.
Cynthia
Jul 14, 2010 Cynthia rated it liked it
Recommended to Cynthia by: Annette
I very much appreciated the author's retelling of her own trials and the way that she overcame them. I think what she learned from her experience losing a child can be applied to any kind of loss in life. I especially appreciated her thought that pain often diminishes with time, but true healing comes through the Savior and gives much greater strength.
Meghan
Mar 07, 2008 Meghan rated it really liked it
I have never lost someone close to me and don't know anything about the grieving process, but I read this book because my cousin's wife wrote it about losing their first born son. It was really good. I would recommend it to anyone.
Amber
Dec 10, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
This book offers some good insights on how to heal after loosing an infant and also suffering from a miscarriage. A lot of healing can only happen with time but true healing comes through learning to find strength through the Savior.
Bethany
Dec 03, 2008 Bethany rated it liked it
Shelves: grief
This was a good book. It was nice to know I wasn't alone in my feelings and experiences, but it didn't have as much depth as some of the other books I've read.
Melissa
Mar 07, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: death-grief
I enjoyed this book about healing after the loss of a child.
Kelly
Mar 05, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-books
A friend recommended this to me after a miscarriage. It was helpful, although I think it would be much more helpful when coping with the death of a person who actually lived and died.
Maren
May 03, 2012 Maren rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful book with great gospel insights. This really helped us through the loss of our daughter.
Marti
Marti rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Lauren Perotto
Lauren Perotto rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2011
MaryAnn
MaryAnn rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2010
Kiara
Kiara rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2009
Jessica
Mar 15, 2008 Jessica marked it as to-read
I cant wait to read this one. My sweet cousin Sandy who also lost a baby boy reccommended it.
Kandace Northrup
Kandace Northrup rated it really liked it
May 20, 2009
Hannah Hubbard
Hannah Hubbard rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Delynn
Delynn rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2009
Sally
Sally rated it really liked it
May 06, 2010
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2009
Tifani
Tifani rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Kira
Kira rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Sarah D'evegnee
Sarah D'evegnee rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2008
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2011
Whitney
Whitney rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2008
Francesca
Francesca rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2010