Start by marking “The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth” as Want to Read:
The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth

The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Dennis Lewis draws on his many years of study in the Gurdjieff work, Advaita Vedanta, and Taoism to show how natural, whole-body breathing can improve health, increase energy, and support the quest for inner growth. Along with breathing practices designed to open the three primal energy centers, the book defines natural breathing; provides a clear, illustrated description ...more
Published March 2nd 2006 by Rodmell Press (first published March 2nd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Natural Breathing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Natural Breathing

Noel Lyons
Jun 01, 2013 Noel Lyons rated it really liked it
Am currently expanding my overall awareness around health, wellbeing & inner growth .. and this is one of the classic books on breathing. It's pretty deep in places but is also an easy read and includes some practical breathing exercises.

Breathing interests me because it's the fastest way to change your state (or mood) and balance the stress response with the relaxation response (eg keep your body and hormones in balance).

Here are some of my big takeaways:

Think from the perspective and sen
Cuneyt
Never thought I will read a book about breathing one day, but after reading a little about awareness, I got interested in the field. That is apart from being a daily breather myself obviously.

This is an easy read, written almost as a manual. After explaining different kinds of breathing, gives clear guidelines for short self practice sessions. I found it quite interesting and tried a few of the techniques. To get better probably requires contact with an experienced teacher, but overall is a goo
Ray Whitaker
Excellent
Sean
Apr 08, 2013 Sean rated it it was ok
I gave up on this book half way through. Vaguely interesting, but too full of pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo to be of any real use. Clearly breathing for meditation or any other purpose is so natural and obvious that attempting to delve deeper into its activity results in a text of useless blather such as this pointless book.

Avoid, unless you truly have no clue about breathing - i.e. you are a fish or perhaps some sort of invertebrate.
Diana
Sep 28, 2009 Diana rated it it was amazing
This book is a must for Reiki masters and a great asset for anyone who wants to empower their breathing for revitalization. If I could give it more than five stars, I would. The knowledge contained in this book is so important and conveyed with ease in understanding by the author.
Justin
Jul 09, 2013 Justin rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-2013
I actually read and finished this in about an hour and a half. Good, but there really is only one point, expanded. It could have been a blog post.
Theresa
May 04, 2011 Theresa rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting read!
Cobiseuil
Cobiseuil marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Robert Dunne
Robert Dunne rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Kayla Thibodeaux
Kayla Thibodeaux marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jørgen Motzfeldt
Jørgen Motzfeldt marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Lana
Lana rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Brad Arnold
Brad Arnold marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Jan Johnson
Jan Johnson rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Traci Stallings
Traci Stallings marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Thomas Prufer
Thomas Prufer rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Maria Teresa De Donato
Maria Teresa De Donato rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Pagan
Pagan marked it as to-read
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Jessica Boldt
Jessica Boldt marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Mira Zaki
Mira Zaki marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Stephane Thiltgen
Stephane Thiltgen marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Jessie Lucas
Jessie Lucas rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
M Sz
M Sz added it
Feb 03, 2016
Gautama Siddartha
Gautama Siddartha marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015