Start by marking “The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth” as Want to Read:
The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth

The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dennis Lewis draws on his many years of study in the Gurdjieff work, Advaita Vedanta, and Taoism to show how natural, whole-body breathing can improve health, increase energy, and support the quest for inner growth. Along with breathing practices designed to open the three primal energy centers, the book defines natural breathing; provides a clear, illustrated description ...more
Published March 2nd 2006 by Rodmell Press (first published March 2nd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Natural Breathing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Natural Breathing

Noel Lyons
Am currently expanding my overall awareness around health, wellbeing & inner growth .. and this is one of the classic books on breathing. It's pretty deep in places but is also an easy read and includes some practical breathing exercises.

Breathing interests me because it's the fastest way to change your state (or mood) and balance the stress response with the relaxation response (eg keep your body and hormones in balance).

Here are some of my big takeaways:

Think from the perspective and sen
Cuneyt
Never thought I will read a book about breathing one day, but after reading a little about awareness, I got interested in the field. That is apart from being a daily breather myself obviously.

This is an easy read, written almost as a manual. After explaining different kinds of breathing, gives clear guidelines for short self practice sessions. I found it quite interesting and tried a few of the techniques. To get better probably requires contact with an experienced teacher, but overall is a goo
Sean
I gave up on this book half way through. Vaguely interesting, but too full of pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo to be of any real use. Clearly breathing for meditation or any other purpose is so natural and obvious that attempting to delve deeper into its activity results in a text of useless blather such as this pointless book.

Avoid, unless you truly have no clue about breathing - i.e. you are a fish or perhaps some sort of invertebrate.
Diana
This book is a must for Reiki masters and a great asset for anyone who wants to empower their breathing for revitalization. If I could give it more than five stars, I would. The knowledge contained in this book is so important and conveyed with ease in understanding by the author.
Justin
I actually read and finished this in about an hour and a half. Good, but there really is only one point, expanded. It could have been a blog post.
Theresa
This was a very interesting read!
Jeffrey Tuller
Jeffrey Tuller marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Elesia
Elesia marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Bipasa Ali
Bipasa Ali marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Denise Quenneville
Denise Quenneville marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
ZOLA song
ZOLA song marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Gensengh
Gensengh marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Chris Clark
Chris Clark is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2014
Lyubov
Lyubov marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Krasimira
Krasimira marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Selam
Selam marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Shobha
Shobha marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Yasin
Yasin added it
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Free Your Breath, Free Your Life: How Conscious Breathing Can Relieve Stress, Increase Vitality, and Help You Live More Fully Breathe into Being: Awakening to Who You Really Are The Fevered Hive Martini-Henry .450 Rifles & Carbines Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being, and Inner Growth