Start by marking “The Legend of the Three Trees: The Classic Story of Following Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
The Legend of the Three Trees: The Classic Story of Following Your Dreams

The Legend of the Three Trees: The Classic Story of Following Your Dreams

This classic story teaches children that God has a unique plan for each of their lives.

Beautiful new illustrations bring this classic legend to life. Told simply, in a language even the youngest family members will understand, this story begins with three young trees who dream-as children do-of doing big deeds. The olive tree, oak tree, and pine tree have dreams of their

Published February 3rd 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 15th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of the Three Trees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of the Three Trees

Pearl Angeli
Oct 10, 2015 Pearl Angeli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I really love how this short Christian story moved me. It gave tears in my eyes. Very beautiful and with such lovely meaning, it makes me feel closer to God!
April
Dec 07, 2016 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmastime
Always a favorite.
TAKISHIA
May 05, 2016 TAKISHIA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tale of Three Trees is a folktale written for children from the ages of 2-4. This is a wonderful story that teaches children that God has a plan for everyone even a tree. This is a very endearing and tear jerking story about the holiday known to most as "Easter Sunday" and to others as "Resurrection Sunday". The story is about three trees that have varying dreams for their future. In the end, God had very specific and special plans for each and every one of the trees. I love this book because it ...more
Robert
Mar 31, 2012 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I am still tingly from reading this. 'Tis true.

This is a fable about three trees (olive, oak, and pine). Each had big dreams that its wood would become significant (treasure box, ship, and an arrow to heaven). None of the specific dreams came true, but each was significant.

The olive tree became an animal feeding box in the manger Jesus was born in. It served as his bassinet.

The oak tree became a simple fishing boat that carried Jesus.

And the pine tree became a cross on which Jesus was cru
Holli
I read this with my boys tonight and continually got choked up. Towards the end I admit that I broke into tears and had to stop until I pulled myself together. This is a beautiful story with a very valuable lesson to young children. Adults could use the reminder too!!!

If only I could give more than 5 stars!
Deanna
Mar 21, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A very sweet book about how the Lord is aware of our dreams and righteous desires. Though they don't always come true in the way we imagined, they do come true. His plan is always better than ours. Definitely want to own this one!
Monica
Jun 13, 2014 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All time favorite book to read to my children!
Nikki
Aug 03, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kids
Loved it!!
Tanya W
This is the story of three trees that have big dreams, but their big dreams are fulfilled in ways they don't expect. Each one gets to play a role in Christ's life. It is a very sweet book.
Abi
Feb 14, 2009 Abi rated it it was amazing
this is SUCH a good book!!!
Kelly
I had never heard this folktale before but it told the story in a beautiful, simple, profound way. I loved it.
Amandanoel
Jun 12, 2014 Amandanoel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book to my little boy makes me cry! This version does not have the best illustrations, but the message of the story is so beautiful!!
Zoe
Jan 04, 2010 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4thgrade09-10
it really is a great story.
Jill Barnett
Jan 07, 2015 Jill Barnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this to my son and by the end I was crying. Thank you sis for such a sweet book!
Lisa Rathbun
Wonderful story. The pictures look like they came from a TV animated movie, but the story is clear and inspiring. Great for kids.
Sheila Read
Jul 08, 2013 Sheila Read rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
there are many different kinds of legends that was brought on by how trees have grown. One is Johnny apple seed planted all the apple trees. Mother nature helped plant some of the other trees.
Beth
May 18, 2014 Beth rated it it was ok
I have heard other versions of this story that I like better, I was disappointed in this one
Rachael Cartwright
Rachael Cartwright rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2017
Jodilyn
Jodilyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2011
Chelsey
Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Mochapelt
Mochapelt rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2014
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2010
Hallie Bandy
Hallie Bandy rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2017
Roxanne Hayes
Roxanne Hayes rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Valarie
Valarie rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Candi
Candi rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2013
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Si Daniel
Si Daniel rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2017
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Everyday Graces: Child's Book Of Good Manners
  • This Is the Stable
  • Baron of Emberly (The Feud, #2)
  • Animals in Winter (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science. Stage 1)
  • Going to Town
  • Clap Your Hands
  • The Bear That Heard Crying
  • 1-2-3: A Child's First Counting Book
  • The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village
  • Woody, Hazel and Little Pip
  • The Beginner's Bible
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Be Mine (Love and Trust Trilogy, #2)
  • Corgiville Fair
  • Curious George Goes to an Ice Cream Shop
  • Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?
  • Island Boy