Start by marking “The Strength of the Pack (Northern Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Strength of the Pack (Northern Shifters, #1)

The Strength of the Pack (Northern Shifters #1)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Since his sister disappeared, Seth has lived in solitude. Despite his deep need to be part of a pack, he sets himself apart from werewolf and human alike. When he hooks up with his teenaged crush, loneliness and physical desire overcome his distrust. Jamie welcomes his attentions, and Seth rationalizes they can have one night together before they part. However, Seth and Ja ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Strength of the Pack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strength of the Pack

Griffinyarn
Rating: probably closer to 2.5 stars.

This book was pretty average in terms of plot, execution and characters. I felt that the "hero" carried the whole "I can't be in a relationship with you but I won't tell you why" thing far too long into the story and the end was a bit too... tidy (view spoiler)

Otherwise, an okay if not overly original read.

Can I just say that the cover really freaks me out? The photoshop attempt at morphing
Lora
This was ok. It's pretty short, I read it in one day. My biggest issue, along with finding the characters generally quite young, is that the major plot was resolved without really much intervention from the two main characters.

All the suspense is taken out of the story when a third party intervenes and basically says "Leave it all to me to fix." And... he does.

I liked Seth, though. I especially liked the addition of Sanjay, a boy Seth only knows in wolf form.
Aine Massie
Reading shifter stories is relatively new for me. I was never overly interested in the blood and needlessly violent world of weres until I stumbled upon J. L. Langely and Joely Skye. While weres are new for me, M/M romance is not, lol. Jorrie Spencer is the other persona for Joely so I had to jump back further in the series world she has created and see where some of the characters came from. *Please note: Jorrie writes M/F romance while her alter, Joely, writes M/M romance.*

The Strength of the
Gail
Mar 24, 2008 Gail rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favs
Jamie Buchner has a strange encounter with a wolf it's that same night that she decides to take her young son and leave her husband and their loveless marriage and return to her home town.She meets up with Seth her old childhood friend after a great night of sex Seth pushes her away .While Jamie can't understand his reasons she vows to stay away from him that is until she discovers she's pregnant with his child.
Seth Kolski is a werewolf with more than his share of problems his sister is missing
Gayle
Unfortunately I was not wild about this book. It has a mystery but doesn't touch enough on that. A lot was far fetched and could have had a stronger more rounded story.
Jane Doe
On the back of this book it says "Warning: This title contains explicit sex."
NOT THIS BOOK IS NOT EXPLICIT IN ANY WAY.

Seth needs to grow a pair and Jamie is far to needy. Both characters seemed weak in their own ways grrrrrr how can a werewolf be a whimp and how can a mom be so silly to continue to go back for more I don't want you.

I couldn't get past how weak Seth and Jamie were...the story line could have been intersting with stronger characters in it.
Sasha
4.5 stars...
An intense read. The conclusions to their problems weren't obvious, which is quite rare for a romance novel. The characters were fleshed out and interesting. I loved the journey of this novel, rather than rushing to get to the end.

I haven't read quality like this in a long time. It's refreshing.
Angarad
An interesting twist to the usual werewolf story but could have been more excitting. It left me feeling just ok, nothing more which is a always a bit for me since I love to be passionate about my readying.
Martha
Aug 31, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Nook, Kindle Edition.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Sylvie
Sylvie is currently reading it
May 11, 2015
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Bodacious
Bodacious marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Every Demon Has His Day (Demon, #1)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Midnight in Berlin
  • Blood Vice (Nightfall Syndicate #1)
  • Bound By Blood (The Faustin Bros., #2)
  • Finding Strength
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Beginnings: A Samhain Anthology
  • Heart of the Winter Wolf
  • Ladies of the Lair (Dragon Knights, #1 & 2)
  • Drui Claiming (Supernatural Bonds, #4)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
  • Dance of the Butterfly (Dance, #2)
  • Last Wolf Standing (Bloodrunners #1)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
I write romance as both Jorrie Spencer and Joely Skye.
More about Jorrie Spencer...

Northern Shifters (5 books)
  • Strength of the Wolf (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Puma (Northern Shifters, #3)
  • Anchor (Northern Shifters, #4)
  • Running Free (Northern Shifters, #5)
Anchor (Northern Shifters, #4) Strength of the Wolf (Northern Shifters, #2) Puma (Northern Shifters, #3) Running Free (Northern Shifters, #5) Selkie Island