Start by marking “The Constitution of the United States, with Index, and the Declaration of Independence” as Want to Read:

4.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  261 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The Constitution of the United States, with Index, and The Declaration of Independence: Pocket Edition This Constitution was proofed word for word against the original Constitution housed in the Archives in Washington, D.C. It is identical in spelling, capitalization and punctuation. It is sized in accordance with one produced by President Thomas Jefferson and includes the ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by National Center for Constitutional Studies

Be the first to ask a question about The Constitution of the United States, with Index, and the Declaration of Independence

Books Ring Mah Bell
Apr 30, 2008 Books Ring Mah Bell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's a goddamn shame when our "leader" refers to this as "a goddamn piece of paper".

I handed out pocket sized Constitutions on Constitution Day last year. I am a nerd.
Enrique Valdivia
Sep 27, 2008 Enrique Valdivia rated it did not like it
The original pretty much sucks. Slavery, women and renters can't vote etc. Electoral college = WTF? The amendments rock though. Wonder if there will be any decent sequels.
Jared
Nov 23, 2008 Jared rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all U.S. citizens particularly, and everyone else
It's really interesting to go through the Constitution and see what it actually says. For example, the issue of separation between church and state really isn't quite how it's often portrayed. The Constitution provides for the non-intervention of the government in religion, and says practically nothing about the non-intervention of religion in government -- at least, I couldn't find anything.

One thing that I really like about this edition is that it marks the sections of the Constitution and ame
Susan
Sep 18, 2010 Susan rated it it was amazing
Went back and read the Constitution. (Read it a lifetime ago, in high school). Started out taking notes as I went, but that got burdensome, so I just read through it. So much information - felt like I was in history class again. It is a lot to remember and keep straight. Maybe if I read it several times a year it will stick better. Made me wonder if our senators and representatives (and president) have the knowledge committed to their memories. Such a well organized, and beautifully written docu ...more
No Remorse
Mar 16, 2014 No Remorse rated it really liked it
Love the constitution and the bill of rights but i think they left out some golden rules on the issues of race, taxes, and banking. Not to mention that equality is bullshit and you have no natural rights, they are earned and take work to keep and maintain.
Keith Herlihy
Mar 27, 2014 Keith Herlihy rated it it was amazing
If you're an American citizen you need to read this
Karen P
Aug 01, 2011 Karen P rated it it was amazing
Praise to my book group who selected the Constitution for our July read. It's been a great many years since I have read over our Constitution, and I was definitely due for re-reading. In conjunction I also read the Bill of Rights, and all of other amendments that have been made so far, and the Declaration of Independence too. All of this fit super nicely with our family's Washington DC and Philadelphia tours in July. God Bless America!
Alison
Mar 20, 2009 Alison rated it it was amazing
How can we ever read this book too often? It makes me marvel that these great men, our Founding Fathers, were lead by our Heavenly Father. He wrote these laws through them, which is why we should be very careful in changing any of them. We have gone too far on so many levels. Reading this again this week has made me feel there is no earthly way to get back to where we once declared our freedom, and lived accordingly.
Alexander
Feb 20, 2016 Alexander rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Book #3 read in 2016
Lashandaw
May 13, 2008 Lashandaw rated it it was amazing
THANK YOU James Madison, the 'Father of the US Constitution.' Madison had a vision which created our system of government. We owe a debt of gratitude for Madison's ability to open the door of opportunity for the creation of the Bill of Rights...
La-Shanda
May 18, 2008 La-Shanda rated it it was amazing
Dave
Jul 10, 2011 Dave rated it it was amazing
Mandatory reading for US citizens. In particular, article 1 section 8, and the 9th and 10th amendments which limit the power of the federal government. The federal government has gone way beyond what is permitted by the constitution.
Michael J. Long
Apr 26, 2014 Michael J. Long rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alsome

also me book it's the US constitution and for those who favor war all the time I encourage you to read it , it says no war with out a declaration of war , and no getting entangled In alliances
John
Apr 05, 2008 John rated it it was amazing
This is the greatest document ever to guide the government of any nation. Adherence to it will preserve our freedom forever. Now if we can only carry out that adherence!
Sally
Apr 18, 2008 Sally rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Gave each of the boys who did the Citizenship in the Nation merit badge with me one of these. Truly pocket sized. Nice and handy.
Lyndsie
Mar 12, 2009 Lyndsie rated it it was amazing
We would be doing much better if those in Congress actually read this.
Jasmine Dubroff
Jun 27, 2013 Jasmine Dubroff rated it it was amazing
Moving, inspiring, and empowering to read these great words!
Jake Danishevsky
Aug 18, 2015 Jake Danishevsky rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: read-politics, own
Pocket version. Must have. Easy to carry reference at all times.
Jessica
Jan 05, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
I think everyone should read this before they die. :)
Armando
Feb 15, 2009 Armando rated it really liked it
The Framers! They were indeed FRAMERS!
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Chet Coenen
Chet Coenen marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
William K. Stevens
William K. Stevens rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Lauren Fryman
Lauren Fryman rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
James
James marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Eric Kersting
Eric Kersting rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Trey Maevers
Trey Maevers rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Jiahua Gong
Jiahua Gong marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Constitution: A Heavenly Banner
  • The Making of America: The Substance and Meaning of the Constitution
  • The U.S. Supreme Court: A Very Short Introduction
  • The Declaration of Independence and Other Great Documents of American History 1775-1865
  • One Nation Under Contract: The Outsourcing of American Power and the Future of Foreign Policy
  • The Real Benjamin Franklin (Vol. 2 of the American Classic Series)
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security
  • So Rich, So Poor: Why It's So Hard to End Poverty in America
  • 501 French Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses and Moods in a New Easy-To-Learn Format, Alphabetically Arranged
  • The Other Eminent Men of Wilford Woodruff
  • The Freedom Factor
  • A History of Christianity Volume 2: Reformation to the Present (AD 1500 - AD 1975)
  • The Bishop's Horse Race (The Soderberg Saga, #2)
  • Wives of the Signers: The Women Behind the Declaration of Independence