Start by marking “Into the Mummy's Tomb” as Want to Read:
Into the Mummy's Tomb

Into the Mummy's Tomb

The Mummy. The first thing that comes to mind is the curse... reanimation..and revenge. But what further mysteries are there to be unwrapped in the tombs of the Ancient Egyptians?This exciting new anthology from the editor of Vampires, Wine and Roses features a diverse selection of remarkable talents, from major bestselling authors like Anne Rice (famous for her vampire an ...more
Published April 1st 2001 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Into the Mummy's Tomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Mummy's Tomb

Kimberly
Apr 05, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I read this one a while ago, but as it has retained it's place upon my beloved bookshelves, I obviously thought enough of the stories contained within were worthy of re-reads. I've always been a fan of Egyptology. :)
J.G. Keely
A nice collection, including some stories I haven't come across anywhere else. Particularly intriguing is a travelogue by H.P. Lovecraft originally ghostwritten for Harry Houdini.

That story, along with Doyle, Haggard, Kipling, Stoker, and archaeologist Howard Carter provide a view of the mysterious Egypt which lured the English of the Victorian age. The Poe, Twain, and Bradbury provide more absurd and amusing views of the mummy myth.

The inclusion of an original Egyptian myth gives another usefu
Michael Fierce
REVIEW NOT FINISHED

I just finished this book and though I couldn't lengthen my genre interest in Egyptian Mythology long enough to finish all the short stories within, I found it informative, interesting, and was a bit surprised by a couple of the stories inside.

Particularly, a story ghostwritten for Harry Houdini byH.P. Lovecraft titled, Under the Pyramids aka Imprisoned With The Pharaohs, based on the real-life experience Houdini had in the Egyptian tombs. Kinda cool how he was not only frien
Becca
I liked this collection. It was actually one of the better anthologies I have read. Anthologies are really hit and miss for the most part, but I lucked out and this one was mostly hits for me. My favorite stories were:

Lost in a Pyramid, or The Mummy's Curse by Louisa May Alcott
The Demon-Possessed Princess by an Ancient Egyptian Priest
The Majestic Sphinx by Mark Twain
Smith and the Pharaohs by Sir H. Rider Haggard
The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker
Mailis Viiand
Feb 22, 2010 Mailis Viiand rated it really liked it
The non-fiction stories were a bit boring if you don't find lists of things you can find in tomb basically riveting read, but otherwise i felt quite happy with the choice of authors and their tales...i was quite sure i would have mummy themed nightmares by the bunch but luckily they haven't manifested yet...maybe they'll pop up sometimes later...rare finds from top notch authors will always bring geeky glee out of me so this collection has earned my respect...
Alwaysturning
May 18, 2009 Alwaysturning rated it it was amazing
A collection of short stories, some true, that engages both interest in anicent egypt and a thirst for thrills.
Kevin Gallan
Sep 16, 2013 Kevin Gallan marked it as to-read
Shelves: horror, anthology, own
43/352
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Nirth
Nirth marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Halfsleeper
Halfsleeper marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Gerard
Gerard marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2016
Brittany
Brittany is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016
Catherine Delong
Catherine Delong marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Gabbi Saraney
Gabbi Saraney marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Kerry Kaminsky
Kerry Kaminsky marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Stephanie Castillo
Stephanie Castillo marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
C. T.
C. T. rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Nancy Oakes
Nancy Oakes marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Erika J
Erika J marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Ghostflower
Ghostflower marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

“Coincidence is a factor in life not always sufficiently considered; and the events I have related can be explained in a perfectly natural manner, if one be inclined to do so.” 0 likes