Start by marking “A Celebration of Literature and Response: Children, Books, and Teachers in K-8 Classrooms (3rd Edition)” as Want to Read:

This engaging book applies reader response theory to children's literature methods to help new and experienced teachers best involve kindergarteners through eighth graders in literature and literacy. Authentic student responses open chapters, book clusters and the accompanying CD database of children's literature provide guidance for involving students with literature, a ...more
Published September 10th 2007 by Pearson

To ask other readers questions about A Celebration of Literature and Response, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Celebration of Literature and Response

Lauren
Aug 17, 2009 Lauren rated it it was ok
I was hoping that this book would be of use in my classroom, but the information was so general, I found it to be almost useless. This would be good introduction for a teacher with ABSOLUTELY no background in using children's literature in the classroom, but I would not recommend it for teachers only looking for more ideas to add on to their repertoire of literature and response.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
I skimmed selected chapters assigned for class. A lot of the information seemed to be common knowledge but I have read lots of books/articles about teaching reading. I did find the lists of books very handy, especially when looking for specific genres.
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2010
Shelbie Witte
Shelbie Witte rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2008
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Lauren Jones
Lauren Jones rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
cindy
cindy rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2011
Dena
Dena rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Beth Schuerman
Beth Schuerman marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2009
Salah Jamil
Salah Jamil marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Janette Rosado
Janette Rosado is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2014
Stella
Stella marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Denver
Denver marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016