Start by marking “The Story of Jesus” as Want to Read:
The Story of Jesus

The Story of Jesus

A gentle look at Jesus' birth, childhood, teachings, crucifixion, and resurrection. Written in a simple, warm style that will captivate and inspire, and colorfully illustrated with seven new pages of artwork, it's a perfect introduction to Jesus for very young children.
Published January 9th 2007 by Golden Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Jesus

Teri
Apr 06, 2015 Teri rated it really liked it
My husband and I read this together to make sure we both agreed with the doctrine taught.(I had downloaded a Bible story app that had been recommended just the day before, but we both found we didn't like the wording that changes meaning and can be confusing to try and correct it). It passed muster and made its way into our daughter's Easter basket. I really like this summary of the life of Jesus Christ. Our daughter loves it! I have witnessed her flipping the pages and recounting the stories ba ...more
Ericka
Sep 05, 2012 Ericka rated it really liked it
My 6 year old loved this book. It made the life of Jesus easy enough to understand and wasn't overly preachy so to turn him off. All I can hope is that he selects it again for reading time.
Renee McCord
Jul 05, 2016 Renee McCord rated it did not like it
This book depicts Jesus as a good man who did some miracles, but completely misses the gospel and his resurrection as the son of God sent to take our place and die for our sins.
Rachel Pence
Nov 06, 2013 Rachel Pence added it
Shelves: religion
The Story of Jesus by Jane Werner Watson is a wonderful picture book meant for young kids. This story is a easy to read and easy topic to understand. The story tells the journey Jesus took and all the miracles he was able to preform throughout the book. I think this is a good book for young children to start out with because it's a simple but interactive way for kids to understand all the amazing things going on in the book. The pictures are very colorful and detailed and will bring your eye in ...more
Robert
Mar 26, 2012 Robert rated it really liked it
This is a short book that describes the life of Jesus written for children. His life is well-presented here. The text is written simply enough but explains his life well.
David Thompson
Dec 01, 2012 David Thompson rated it liked it
This picture book is a narrative of Jesus's life and the miracles that he performed. This is a great book to introduce a young child to Jesus's life story.
Summer
Dec 29, 2013 Summer rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A biblically accurate telling of the life of Jesus with beautiful illustrations.
Dianna
Dianna rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Suzanne Cowan
Suzanne Cowan rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
SamueltheBug
SamueltheBug marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
LeviSamJuno
LeviSamJuno marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
May 11, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 07, 2016
Marcela
Marcela marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
sierra
sierra marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Mariah
Mariah added it
Feb 21, 2016
Jo
Jo added it
Jan 27, 2016
MLK Center
MLK Center marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Uucwrec
Uucwrec marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Children's writer Jane Werner Watson (1915-2004) was born in Fond du Lac, Wis. She earned a B.A. in English in 1936 from the University of Wisconsin, began a career in publishing, and became a prolific writer who specialized in non-fiction.

She was one of the first editors for the original Golden Books series, and wrote books for Disney series.

She also wrote under the names Elsa Jane Werner Watso
More about Jane Werner Watson...