For One More Day (Satu Hari Bersamamu)

For One More Day (Satu Hari Bersamamu)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  79,187 ratings  ·  4,988 reviews
Ilustrasi sampul karya Eduard Iwan Mangopang.

For One More Day adalah kisah tentang seorang ibu dan anak laki-lakinya, kasih sayang abadi seorang ibu, dan pertanyaan berikut ini: Apa yang akan kaulakukan seandainya kau diberi satu hari lagi bersama orang yang kausayangi, yang telah tiada?

Ketika masih kecil, Charley Benetto diminta untuk memilih oleh ayahnya, hendak menjadi...more
Published December 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 2004)

Estee
You may believe it or not, but after I read this book, I love both my parent more and more. I try to be a better daughter for them, and I try to understand and appreciate every little thing they've done for me. By reading this book, you will see your parent, especially your mother, as a person who has the purest love ever, and trying to give them back the same...
Heba
Oct 28, 2007 Heba rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
What a beautiful book. It shows you how every mother in Earth will do just to make her family happy and safe! I cried while reading it.. It shows you the real love the purest love you will ever know. Love without any limitation!

what an outstanding book.. Worth to read it and read it again and again!

Mitch Albom I wish you don't stop writing.
Swetha Amit
There are many in this world who would do anything to get just that one chance to make amends for their past misgivings. Yet very few get this golden opportunity while the majority is saddled with that nostalgic remorse and regret.

Mitch Albom’s new edition titled “For one more day” takes one through a wistful journey which encounters a strange and enigmatic tryst with the ghost of the past. The story unfolds the main character Charley Benetto (Chick) whose life is in ruins. Being unwanted at his...more
Rajat Ubhaykar
Today is a momentous day. It's my mom's birthday! Through an utter coincidence, I happened to take this book up for reading a day before my mother's birthday, temporarily oblivious to the occasion. Oh, how I love such coincidences! They are little life affirming miracles, dismissed by reason as coincidences, for what were the chances of my walking into a friend's room in a different hostel on a hot afternoon on an impulse and ending up finishing this book, unaware of the relevance of the next da...more
indri
Aug 12, 2010 indri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to indri by: Qui
Shelves: novel-abroad, drama
#2010-72#

"Baca deh, Squid, bukunya baguss.. bikin nangis.."

Aku nggak pernah baca bukunya Mitch Albom sebelumnya, dan ketika Qui merekomendasikan buku ini ketika jalan-jalan di RB menjelang tahun baru kemarin dengan ekspresi mengharukan.

Akhirnya setelah sekian lama dalam tumpukan to-read aku sambar juga untuk dibaca dalam perjalanan pulang. Benar apa yang dikatakannya, sepanjang perjalanan di KRL rasanya dadaku sesak dan mata berkaca-kaca.
Bagaimana Chick Benetto bertemu lagi dengan ibunya yang m...more
Wulan
I read this book when I was on a plane from London to Indonesia via Hongkong, and I cried like a baby all the way. I swear, if the people that sat on my left and right hadnt been my friends, I would've been considered a crazy girl weeping for no reason.

Reading this book made me realize how much I've taken my mum for granted. It opened my eyes and showed me how big and everlasting a mother's love can be, despite all the things that's been done to her.

Mummy, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Ryan Barton
Eh. Not sure what the big deal is with this guy. This book was...OK. I cannot say that I liked it a great deal, nor can I say I detested it. The author is a good storyteller, has a good command of structure and the craft of writing, and does not strike me as being anything less than the consummate professional. Picasso was rumoured to have the ability to draw a "perfect circle" freehand; the resulting line is not necessarily a great work of art.

I suppose the nature of the material just was not s...more
J
Jun 18, 2007 J rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sentimentalists
Reading the back cover and realizing the backdrop is suicide, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of self-face stabbings.

Again, picking up this book, I thought to myself, suicide and Mitch Albom... how could I go wrong? But I was wrong (snicker) dead wrong.

From the beginning, Albom signifies his attachment to this book. He is telling this story from notes and interviews he may have had with the main character. Why is this important? Could the book have been equally effective without him putti...more
Jimmy
Pernahkah Anda merasa sangat merindukan dan membutuhkan seseorang yang sudah pergi dari kehidupan Anda? Lalu, Anda merasa marah pada diri sendiri karena tidak sempat mengatakan hal-hal yang seharusnya Anda katakan padanya. Anda semakin marah karena telah menyia-nyiakan begitu saja hari-hari yang pernah Anda lalui bersamanya. Apalagi Anda sadar bahwa suatu saat setiap orang akan menghadap Sang Pencipta – bisa terjadi kapan saja – tapi Anda selama ini selalu menunda mengatakan atau berbuat sesuatu...more
Kay
Very touching book. Much of what the protagonist goes through is very close to my heart, and reading the last chapter made me teary. I'm not a parent, but I am a daughter, and reading this book has reminded me in a gentle and soothing way the sacrifices parents and caregivers make for their children.

Told in flashbacks and the chapters often around two to three pages long, the book was a quick read. Despite the content material, I didn't feel emotionally burdened by the end but instead a little...more
Roos
Sep 03, 2008 Roos rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Syl
Shelves: novelia
Gak sengaja baca buku ini saat Eyang Kakung meninggal, sedih sih tapi lega.

Mitch Albom selalu pintar dalam membuat satu kisah hidup seseorang menjadi satu buku yang syarat pelajaran hidup. Buku ini bukan cerita hantu yang menyeramkan tetapi hantu Seorang Ibu yang sangat mencintai anaknya, saking cintanya dia menemui anaknya sekali lagi untuk menyelamatkan hidup anaknya...huhuhuhu...mengharukan.

Bercerita mengenai Charley 'Chick' Benetto dan Ibunya Pauline 'Posey' Benetto. Ayahnya yang tidak berta...more
Matt
For One More Day, like all of Mitch Albom's books, attempts to be an exercise in feel-good warm fuzzies. This overly-verbose mortality tale, however, is not particularly inspiring, uplifting, or even interesting.

When the main character tries to commit suicide, he gets to spend the titular "one more day" with his deceased mother. During the visit, he reminisces about his life growing up in a broken home, the mistakes he made, and how we would do it differently if he could. Interspersed are exampl...more
Mery
"Menyia-nyiakan waktu itu sungguh memalukan. Kita selalu berpikir kita punya terlalu banyak waktu."

Hidup begitu berharga. Aku tak memiliki seorang pun yang bisa membujukku keluar dari keputusasaan, dan itu sebuah kesalahan. Kau perlu memiliki orang di dekatmu. Kau perlu memberi mereka jalan masuk ke hatimu.

Tapi selalu ada cerita di balik semuanya. Bagaimana sebuah lukisan bisa tergantung di dinding. Bagaimana sebuah luka membekas di wajahmu. Kadang ceritanya sederhana, dan kadang keras dan mengh...more
Jade
Apr 05, 2008 Jade rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jade by: my mom
This book will touch your heart and make you think. You should always charise everyday that you have with a loved one.
Salymar
A child can never choose between his/her mom and dad. In fact, a child can have both.
A child can never be complete without the love and care of his/her mother and the guidance of his/her father.

This is a one-of-a-kind novel that reminds us how precious the little time we all have and how more valuable time with our family is much more important. Cherish the moments before they're gone.

The story started with Chick Benetto's struggles with his wife and daughter about 8 years after his mother, Paul...more
Diana
It was our graduation practice yesterday and we had nothing to do so I decided to borrow a book from my classmate. I immediately started reading the book when he handed it to me.

One thing I realized from this book is how a mother's love can be the purest form of love there is. I realized that no matter how you feel that you are often misunderstood by your mom, she is the person who, of all persons, can understand you no matter what happens.

I also learned about the sacrifices that they make just...more
jzhunagev
Jul 06, 2010 jzhunagev rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To those who knows that family matters
Recommended to jzhunagev by: the "Voice"
Of Chances We Miss and a Mother’s Undying Love
(A Book Review of For One More Day by Mitch Albom)

Charley “Chick” Benetto is ready to give up everything up after hitting rock bottom in his life and decides to commit suicide. On the day he sets out to jump off a water tower and fail at the attempt, he goes home and finds his deceased mom waiting for him. He spends time with her, treating her in a way he never did when she was alive, only to learn that she is going to stay with him for just a day....more
Natha
Apa rasanya saat hidupmu begitu berantakan, keluargamu meninggalkanmu, anakmu malu mengakuimu dan kamu tidak punya apapun selain minuman keras? Itulah yang terjadi pada Charley Benetto.

Saat kanak, Charley ditanya oleh sang ayah, "Anak mama atau anak papa, tapi tidak bisa keduanya." Dan Charley memilih "anak papa". Ini membuat Charley selalu berusaha memenuhi harapan-harapan yang ayahnya tuntut dari dirinya. Ia berusaha menyenangkan sang ayah dan mengabaikan ibunya.
Namun ketika ia beranjak rema...more
Mago0

I finished this book on my mother's 56th birthday, with a burst into tears,and I'm like running to her, hug her and told her that I love her. Charley's story are almost same like mine. Almost same. We had one great mom that their Principe is, what's the matter? I'm a mother. This is the books that made me wet the eyes in th train, this is the book that made me felt the purest love of mother. This is the book, that made me realize every times my mom stand up for me back then and I didn't do the s...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Mitch Albom is an author who has a lot to live up to. After such great hits as TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE and THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVNE, I opened my copy of FOR ONE MORE DAY wondering if he'd be able to pull off another winner. The answer, wholeheartedly, is yes.

Albom pays tribute to mothers with the story of Charley "Chick" Benetto, who remembers clearly the words his father told him as a young boy: "You can be a mama's boy or a daddy's boy. But you can't be both."

For most of his life, Chi...more
Janie Johnson
I was not quite sure at first about this book since this was the first time Author for me. But it did not take long for the words to absorb into my mind. Made me start to rethink things that I have been struggling with.

I gotta say I was so disappointed in Charley as if I knew him. I could not understand how he could respect his Father, who ran out on him, so much more than his Mother, the one who saw to his well being, struggled and fought and worked hard so he would be taken care of, attend col...more
Beatrice
Another heart-breaking story by Mitch Albom. I'm starting to love his books. It is truly inspiring and it makes me feel guilty.

I remember the times that my mom stood up for me, and the time I did not stood up for my mom. this book really makes me guilty. It made me cry.. Because of this book, I want to correct my mistakes and say sorry to the things that I've done to my mom or my dad.

I recommend this book to everyone, It is inspiring and it will make you realize something and It's one book that...more
Karen Field
If the book had been named anything else I think I would have thrown the book back onto the shelf (in the library) and kept walking. But the title of the book grabbed my attention immediately.

For One More Day

Being a bereaved mother, the title spoke to me in volumes. Without reading anything more than those four words, I knew I wanted to read the book. And I didn’t read the blurb or the inside cover, I just borrowed the book and brought it home with me. And my gut instinct was right.

A day or so l...more
Lisa
I read this book in less than 3 days! It's had me thinking ever since. Once you start this book its very hard to put it down until its finished. Very easy reading and a story that forces you to keep the pages turning.

I never knew until I finished the book that it was a true story. You'll definitely walk away from this book thinking!

Here's a great synopsis of the book from Amazon.com: Chick Benetto has hit rock bottom---divorced, alcoholic, has-been baseball player, and now comes the ultimate sl...more
Monica
Un libro que si tuviese que resumirlo, sería algo así como: una historia real, como la vida misma..
Y de éso se trata, pues en él el autor nos cuenta la vida -real- de Charles ' chick' Benetto, un hombre destrozado al fracasar como padre y marido y sentir, sobretodo después de muchos años, que ha fallado a su madre. Es entonces cuando ve en su suicidio la única salvación posible para descansar de todo....y ahí,entre el umbral de la vida y la muerte, que se reencuentra con el fantasma de ella y pa...more
Macey Schoenick
This book started out as one of those books that you CANNOT put down! The more I read, the more it got interesting. "Chick" is in a rough patch and he doesn't want to be living in this world any longer. Chick jumps off a watertower because he thinks no one loves him or cares about him anymore. Ever since his mother had passed away, Chick became an alcoholic because he thought it was the right decision for him. Chick pushed away his family,even his mother. While he was laying unconsciouslly from...more
3anooja
This year, in our class of media criticism we had to pick a favorite book of ours. giving that I'm a book geek, i had a difficult time what book should i chose from my collection.
I end up choosing this piece of work by Mitch Albom, and throughout the course we got to practice our criticism techniques with the book which made me re-read it all over again, and boy..... i fell in love with it all over again, it's like i hadn't read it. All the emotions and sorrows that the book held brushed over m...more
Rana Heshmati
Jul 12, 2013 Rana Heshmati rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rana by: Armina
Shelves: گریه, رمان
خیلی خیلی خوب بود! و بعضی جاها، نه از ناراحتی، از زیاد شدنِ یه احساسی...(طوری که نمیتونم توضیح بدم!، مثل وقت دیدنِ تظاهرات، مثل همه با هم بودن، یا مثل عشقی که بین چیک و مامانش بود..) اشکم رو در آورد.

«در حالی که به راه می افتاد، گفت : خب، الان تو می دونی یه نفر تورو چقدر می خواست. بچه ها گاهی اینو فراموش می کنن. اونا خودشونو به جای یه آرزوی برآورده شده، یه بار مسئولیت می دونن.
صاف ایستاد و کت خود را صاف کرد. می خواستم گریه کنم. آرزوی برآورده شده؟ از زمانی که کسی مرا چیزی نزدیک به این خوانده باشد چ...more
Andri Wicaksono
Sep 08, 2008 Andri Wicaksono rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Touching and Inspiring. Have you ever hate someone when he/she's around and suddenly you realized that you really miss him/her, really love him/her, and feel in so much regret when that someone passed away?
In this book, the main character is Charley, a baseball coach. When his mother still alive, Charley don't give much attention to her, moreover, he often against her. When her mother died, he realized that he really missed her so much. Suddenly, he was given one day to see that her mother comes...more
Brian
For a short incredibly fasted paced novel, For One More Day is packed tight with emotion stirring themes, characters, and circumstances. This philosophical novel explores the idea of having one more day with a deceased loved one. The novel surrounds a sports writer learning the story of a once washed-up ex-baseball player and his encounter with this "one more day" idea. Within the first 40 pages my book laid open 5 times while I was lost in thoughts this story provoked. It put a warm smile on my...more
For One More Day is a heartfelt story 1 19 Sep 01, 2013 06:25PM
Good book but somehow a too-fast-read 8 130 Aug 19, 2013 04:00AM
Goodreads Malaysia: FREE Giveaway of book worth RM 88 1 34 Aug 10, 2013 09:45PM
What's The Name o...: HELP can't remember the title... [s] 7 86 Apr 02, 2013 09:42AM
Trade/Sell 1 30 Sep 24, 2007 09:28PM
  • The Christmas List
  • ABNKKBSNPLAKo?! (Mga Kwentong Chalk ni Bob Ong)
  • Para Kay B (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)
  • Letters to Sam: A Grandfather's Lessons on Love, Loss, and the Gifts of Life
  • Like the Flowing River
  • Dekada '70 (Ang Orihinal at Kumpletong Edisyon)
  • Venn Man at iba pang Kalupitan ng Kapalaran! (Kikomachine Komix, #6)
  • Morrie: In His Own Words
  • The Twelfth Angel
  • Vince's Life
  • Saga no Gabai Bachan (Nenek Hebat dari Saga)
  • Murtad
  • Perpustakaan Ajaib Bibbi Bokken
  • A Day with a Perfect Stranger
Mitchell David Albom is an author, journalist, screenwriter, playwright, radio and television broadcaster and musician. His books have collectively sold over 35 million copies worldwide; have been published in forty-one territories and in forty-two languages around the world; and have been made into Emmy Award-winning and critically-acclaimed television movies.
More about Mitch Albom...
The Five People You Meet in Heaven Tuesdays With Morrie Have a Little Faith: a True Story The Time Keeper The First Phone Call from Heaven

“When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.” 2129 likes
“Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.” 2047 likes