Start by marking “Black Crosses Off My Wingtip” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Black Crosses Off My W...

Irving Kennedy

Black Crosses Off My Wingtip

'Hap' Kennedy was an outstanding fighter pilot during WWII. This book vividly describes fighter action during key air battles of WWII.

To ask other readers questions about Black Crosses Off My Wingtip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Crosses Off My Wingtip

Peter
May 19, 2009 Peter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-story
Does this count as history? You judge.

Squadron Leader I.F. Kennedy was a pilot in World War 2. He flew Spitfires in Europe and Malta and Sicily and Whirwinds and an American Kittyhawk in an amusing adventure in North Africa. He was shot down in France after the Normandy invasion and escaped.

After the war he became a doctor and for a time he was my family doctor.

This marvelous little book tells the story of his service in the RAF and RCAF. The back cover says, in part, "His book vividly describe
Arlene Richards
Dec 08, 2009 Arlene Richards rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
I found this a fascinating read. It is the story of a fighter pilot during WWW2. How he dealt with never knowing whether he would return safely from a mission amazed me. After the war he became a family physician working near Ottawa. (Yes, Julia, you did see him for a well baby check up) How did he make that huge transition from a fighter pilot to a healer of people?
Ron Collins
Jan 19, 2016 Ron Collins rated it it was amazing
Excellent exciting account of a young fearless WW2 Spitfire Ace's experiences including being shot down over France and eventually making his way back to England to re-join his squandron. An amazing man who after the war became a family doctor with a practice in Cumberland, Ontario.
Heather
Aug 30, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I wish he'd written more - I get the feeling there is much that has been left out. A very good read, though, of a time that I can't even imagine.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Alexander Fitzgerald-Black
Alexander Fitzgerald-Black rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Gerald
Gerald rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Kfarmer
Kfarmer rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Pkal
Pkal rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012