Start by marking “The Three Mrs. Parkers” as Want to Read:

The Three Mrs. Parkers
Published March 15th 2005 by Gallery Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Mrs. Parkers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Mrs. Parkers

Ailish
Aug 09, 2012 Ailish rated it did not like it
I did not enjoy this book. It reads as though it has been cobbled together from a counsellors' or therapists' training manual and thinly disguised as a novel, and the writing is dreadful.

The characters' thoughts, interactions and gestures are over-studied and are generally included to serve some didactic purpose or as features to foster discussion (in fact there are study guide questions at the end of the book).

An example of contrived dialogue between sole parent Katie and her mother and grand
Marion Marchetto
Aug 19, 2011 Marion Marchetto rated it liked it
Ingredients:
1 aging widow with hidden illness and secrets aplenty
1 middle-aged widow (daughter-in-law to the aging widow) with plenty of secrets of her own
1 young widow (daughter and granddaughter of the first two widows)with a tragic background

Mix together until a lumpy dough forms. Add a token male hero, a few well-intentioned neighbors, a heinous villain, an I-could-see-it-coming climactic moment. Place in a rural southern US setting, and voila!

This generational story tells of three wome
Kelly
Nov 20, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok
Kind of a blah book. Very predictable. If you are looking for an extremely easy read, then this book would work. I found the characters a little annoying. If you like books that are tied up at the end with a neat little bow, then you might like this one.
Kitty Tomlinson
Dec 30, 2008 Kitty Tomlinson rated it really liked it
Zoe takes in her estranged mother-in-law to keep from losing her family home. Zoe's daughter, Kate, also moves home after the death of her handicapped child. Good story about forgiveness and family.
Marianne Jay
Jun 01, 2009 Marianne Jay rated it liked it
This book was just good....not great...but good. There were some things that REALLY bugged me about it.

I wanted to tell Zoe to "Man Up". My gosh, she was such a wishy-washy character.

I loved Winifred. I'm all about the strong women.
Joshua Berkov
Oct 28, 2016 Joshua Berkov rated it really liked it
An easy read with a feel-good ending, though not as well written as her Ladies of Covington series.
Nancy Barta
Apr 02, 2013 Nancy Barta rated it really liked it
Various circumstances place three generations of women living together. Although they had a tough time at first they learned to forgive, finally understood, and eventually love one another.
Kathy
Nov 26, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it
This was a sweet whole hearted southern novel. The relationships and friendships have a deep past with deeper feelings. It was a very believable story with lovable characters.
Carol
May 10, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed THE THREE MRS. PARKERS by Joan Medlicott. The theme of forgiveness runs strong throughout this novel. The characters and plot are easily relatable.
Kathy
Aug 26, 2010 Kathy rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as her books about the ladies from Covington. But still a very good story about family and the important things in life.
Stephanie Jacober haar
Aug 22, 2014 Stephanie Jacober haar rated it did not like it
Not well written at all. The characters sounded like robots. I read the whole thing hoping it would get better and it didn't.
Bonnie Zeller
Jan 12, 2009 Bonnie Zeller rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Women of all ages
Recommended to Bonnie by: found it at the library
As always, Joan Medlicott has captured women and their friendships as you would really like them to be.
Lori
Sep 25, 2008 Lori marked it as to-read
I am taking a break on this because my friend Karen got me sucked into the Twilight series! Thanks Karen, I love them!
Rita
Sep 17, 2008 Rita rated it really liked it
I liked this. It has some mystery, suspense, substance about relationships and forgiveness. Good characters.
Jean
Jun 15, 2008 Jean rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a few of the Covington series books and I love this author!
Has alot to do with forgiveness and families. Easy read and enjoyable.
tbears
Jul 28, 2009 tbears rated it liked it
Not the ladies of Covington this time but written in the same tone. Pretty predictable but entertaining enough.
Sue
Mar 23, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
I always get a lift from Joan Medlicott's books and this one lived up to my expectations. It's about 3 strong women and how they work out their differences to support each other.
Dorothy Chervinko
Dorothy Chervinko rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Nancye
Nancye rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Mrs
Aug 19, 2010 Mrs rated it it was amazing
a very lovely story
makes you think more about forgiveness.......
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2010
Carmaleta Miller
Carmaleta Miller rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
mary catherine
mary catherine rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2009
Alva
Alva rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2013
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5)
  • A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)
  • The Sight of the Stars
  • Waltzing at the Piggly Wiggly (Piggly Wiggly, #1)
  • Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)
  • Hidden History (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #4)
  • Dearest Dorothy, Who Would Have Ever Thought? (Dearest Dorothy, #4)
  • Meditations with James Van Praagh
  • Raising Hope
  • Faster Pastor (St. Dale, #3)
  • Herself
Joan Medlicott lives with her husband in Barnardsville, North Carolina, where she conducts the popular Tea on the Porch workshops.
More about Joan Medlicott...