Start by marking “The Three Mrs. Parkers” as Want to Read:
The Three Mrs. Parkers

The Three Mrs. Parkers

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  31 reviews
From Joan Medlicott, the nationally bestselling author who created the wonderful world of Covington, comes a heartwarming story about three generations of women who find their way past old hurts and losses to understanding, forgiveness, and love.
Winifred Parker climbed her way out of poverty by marrying into one of Philadelphia's oldest, wealthiest families. Now seventy-
Published March 15th 2005 by Gallery Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Mrs. Parkers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Mrs. Parkers

Marion Marchetto
Ingredients:
1 aging widow with hidden illness and secrets aplenty
1 middle-aged widow (daughter-in-law to the aging widow) with plenty of secrets of her own
1 young widow (daughter and granddaughter of the first two widows)with a tragic background

Mix together until a lumpy dough forms. Add a token male hero, a few well-intentioned neighbors, a heinous villain, an I-could-see-it-coming climactic moment. Place in a rural southern US setting, and voila!

This generational story tells of three wome
Ailish
I did not enjoy this book. It reads as though it has been cobbled together from a counsellors' or therapists' training manual and thinly disguised as a novel, and the writing is dreadful.

The characters' thoughts, interactions and gestures are over-studied and are generally included to serve some didactic purpose or as features to foster discussion (in fact there are study guide questions at the end of the book).

An example of contrived dialogue between sole parent Katie and her mother and grand
Stephanie Jacober haar
Not well written at all. The characters sounded like robots. I read the whole thing hoping it would get better and it didn't.
Maggie Shanley
Good story of three women at different stages in life, dealing with loss and/or abuse.
Mary Naylor
Light easy read
Connie
Very good book.
Peggy Wray
Mother. Daughter grand. Good story
Kelly
Kind of a blah book. Very predictable. If you are looking for an extremely easy read, then this book would work. I found the characters a little annoying. If you like books that are tied up at the end with a neat little bow, then you might like this one.
Marianne Jay
This book was just good....not great...but good. There were some things that REALLY bugged me about it.

I wanted to tell Zoe to "Man Up". My gosh, she was such a wishy-washy character.

I loved Winifred. I'm all about the strong women.
Kitty Tomlinson
Zoe takes in her estranged mother-in-law to keep from losing her family home. Zoe's daughter, Kate, also moves home after the death of her handicapped child. Good story about forgiveness and family.
Nancy Barta
Various circumstances place three generations of women living together. Although they had a tough time at first they learned to forgive, finally understood, and eventually love one another.
Kathy
This was a sweet whole hearted southern novel. The relationships and friendships have a deep past with deeper feelings. It was a very believable story with lovable characters.
Sue
I always get a lift from Joan Medlicott's books and this one lived up to my expectations. It's about 3 strong women and how they work out their differences to support each other.
Carol
I very much enjoyed THE THREE MRS. PARKERS by Joan Medlicott. The theme of forgiveness runs strong throughout this novel. The characters and plot are easily relatable.
Jean
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a few of the Covington series books and I love this author!
Has alot to do with forgiveness and families. Easy read and enjoyable.
Kathy
I didn't like this one as much as her books about the ladies from Covington. But still a very good story about family and the important things in life.
Rita
I liked this. It has some mystery, suspense, substance about relationships and forgiveness. Good characters.
tbears
Not the ladies of Covington this time but written in the same tone. Pretty predictable but entertaining enough.
Lori
Sep 25, 2008 Lori marked it as to-read
I am taking a break on this because my friend Karen got me sucked into the Twilight series! Thanks Karen, I love them!
Bonnie Zeller
Jan 12, 2009 Bonnie Zeller rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women of all ages
Recommended to Bonnie by: found it at the library
As always, Joan Medlicott has captured women and their friendships as you would really like them to be.
Pat
Enjoyed this book very much. I like reading about different generations of women.
Pat Jorgenson Waterchilde
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A great gentle read that kept me turning the pages.
Mrs
a very lovely story
makes you think more about forgiveness.......
Clare
Although a pleasant read, the ending was trite and unbelievable.
Suzanne
It wasn't quite the Ladies of Covington, but still an enjoyable read.
Carrie
May 05, 2008 Carrie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beach read
Easy read. Not very exciting but enough to hold your attention.
Liz
Predictable, cheesy at times
Dianne
Enjoyable light read.
Kathie
A tad fluffy, but I liked it.
Susan Clarke
Feb 15, 2008 Susan Clarke is currently reading it
Enjoying it very much!
  • A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)
  • Dearest Dorothy, If Not Now, When? (Dearest Dorothy, #6)
  • Aprons on a Clothesline
  • Stealing Lumby (Lumby, #2)
  • The Dream
  • Life Goes On: A Harmony Novel (Harmony, #5)
  • The Sight of the Stars
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
Joan Medlicott lives with her husband in Barnardsville, North Carolina, where she conducts the popular Tea on the Porch workshops.
More about Joan Medlicott...
The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love (Ladies of Covington, #1) The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2) From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #3) Two Days After the Wedding (Ladies of Covington, #6) The Spirit of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #4)