22 Indigo Place

22 Indigo Place

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,728 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Bagi Laura Nolan, Indigo Place bukan sekedar mansion, tetapi juga hidupnya. Namun kini ia terjebak tumpukan utang yang ditinggalkan almarhum ayahnya. Tak ada jalan lain untuk melunasinya selain menjual rumah warisan itu. Namun Laura tak menyangka bahwa satu-satunya pembeli adalah James Paden.

Di masa mudanya James Paden adalah berandalan kota mereka. Anak jalanan yang tampa...more
Published April 2003 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1986)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This is one of my sister's favorite books, which always makes me want to read a book, since she has good taste. She's usually not wrong about the books she raves about. The other night, I decided to give it a read, since it has a flower on the cover, I needed a pure, happy romance book to get my mind off of darker thoughts, and it would meet my Spring challenge. I was glad I did. I love the old school romance books. They seemed to build up the romance story in a more believable fashion. As well...more
Noelle
There is just something about reading a contemporary romance written in the early 80's.....it's like comfort food. It's really nice to retreat to after reading either a very emotional, murder or thriller book. It's kind of like a nice palette cleanser before moving onto something with more substance.

James (H) grew up in a small Georgia town on the wrong side of the tracks. He was the son of the town drunk and everyone knew him as a wild one who lead motorcycle gang, causing trouble where ever th...more
Saly
22 Indigo Place was a decent oldie though there were moments I found the characters shallow especially Laura and her obsession in the beginning with her pride and family home when she was broke.

Of course James was the town's bad boy who made it big and Laura is shocked to find him on her doorstep as a prospective buyer for her place. James also makes it clear that he finds her attractive while Laura despises his reputation with women and vows not to sell to him. At this moment I wanted to say pr...more
Misty
Not a bad Sandra Brown novel. Somewhat dated, but not really a bad thing, as the book is entertaining in parts. One of her earliest novels. The two main characters would be my parents ages now I suspect. LOL
Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: FAIRLY GOOD
Intimacy Level: NICE/ GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 220 pages

Ok, this book is such a cliche, but I love it and it is one of my favorite books from the pastas I've read it 10 years ago, way before I started posting reviews. I decided to re read again and still find that I like it. To sum it up, if you like the I was a poor bad boy wanting the rich good girl but can't have her; so, fast forward years later, and the roles are reverse, now bad boy is all grown up with money, however,...more
Magda
The book read really fast. It was funny and light to read. Simple and pleasant. Could be a bit longer. I felt that we know too little about the characters and I wish we could get to know them better during the plot. Other than that I don't have any cavils. It was enjoyable and I recommend it, because it reads easily and it's funny.
Mareli
I cannot resist bad boys. This one is such a proper bad boy! I remember reading this book a lot of years ago and thinking it was so hot... I couldn't know what was coming in the future! But it's a very good one, just a bit old-fashioned but a really nice reading.
I love Ms. Brown's writing, and it is still good in this book. The reason for the three stars is entirely my fault. I just couldn't connect with the characters. I honestly couldn't care what happened to them.
OceMei Belikova♥
Laura Nolan mau tak mau harus menjual kediamannya tercinta Indigo Place 22 karna terbelit utang yang diciptakan oleh ayahnya. Tapi tak pernah terpikir baginya bahwa yang akan membeli rumahnya adalah orang yang dicintainya, James Paden, lelaki yang selalu mengisi mimpi-mimpinya. James Paden dulunya adalah berandalan, anak geng motor dan urak-urakan, tapi sekaligus pria paling tampan di kotanya. Tak jarang orang membicarakannya, baik karna reputasinya yang buruk atau karna kelihaiannya bermain den...more
Bani
From the first page I was hooked. The book is simply exquisite. James is a really well developed character and his character is very interesting. Only thing I didn't like was some of the force and anger he displayed in some parts of the book towards Laura. It was a bit shocking in a sense but I couldn't put it down.

The descriptions of some the clothing was a little hard to picture and if I did picture it correctly it didn't seem flattering at all to be honest but that's just minor stuff.

Love b...more
Indah Threez Lestari
340th - 2011

Bosan juga rasanya baca SB berturut-turut. Gara-gara novel SB dibandrol 5000-an per jilid sama ibu kost, jadi aja beli seabrek.

Mungkin karena buku ini boleh dibilang tipis, jadi jalan ceritanya so-so aja, datar dan nggak ada konflik. Nggak berkesan.

Baca buku seharusnya untuk mencari kesenangan, tapi gara-gara tumpukan buku obral ga muat di lemari dan menuh-menuhin kamar kost aja, kok rasanya jadi ada kewajiban untuk segera menghabiskannya ya...

Untung masih diseling baca cersil... :)
Julie Barrett
22 Indigo Place by Sandra Brown
Laura has to sell the house to help some of the debt her father had acquired.
He's now passed away and she has no other options. The only one who's submitted
an offer is James. He does buy it and then everything else in it and she makes a
deal to become his wife, in every sense of the word and to help raise his child
and to help entertain.
She tries to reunite him with his mother, what a mistake that is.
Parties, hurricanes and other things break them further apart...
Marta
I've never been a fan of romance books but since I was offered this one together with "Play Dirty" of the same author I gave it a try anyway. Brown's writing style is enjoyable and the first part of the book, the "flirting/courting" part wasn't actually that bad..almost intriguing but the whole romance/developing of the relationship part was boring and some ridiculous to me. But again romance books are not my cup of tea at all!
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Buku ini sebenarnya memiliki cerita yang sangat sederhana. Ceritanya hanya berpusat pada kisah cinta antara kedua tokoh utama, James dan Laura.
Namun seperti biasa, SB selalu membuat kisah cinta yang sangat menarik.
Bagaimana James meyakinkan Laura bahwa dirinya sangat mencintai Laura sementara Laura sendiri yakin bahwa James sebenarnya hanya ingin membalas dendam atas perbuatan ayah Laura padanya.
Jaime
This was an okay romance from Sandra Brown’s early years, but it comes from the era of romance novels where it was okay for the man to force himself upon the woman until she submitted, because he knew better than her what she really felt. It’s not the violence of rape, but it still doesn’t sit well with me and it puts a shadow over the entire story. I’m sure there are better romances out there.
Diah Didi
Suka suka suka banget sama Laura dan James. Pertama kali baca pinjem dari temen sesama pecinta SB. Waktu dia memutuskan untuk 'membuang' novel-novel romannya termasuk SB yang dia nggak suka, saya kecewa novel ini nggak termasuk yang dia 'buang', soalnya ternyata dia juga suka bangeeeet. Hihihihi..
Untungnya saya udah nemu. ^^
Kat Bussel
I loved this story at first it started out sad but as you kept reading it got better and better. So glad I got the pleasure to read it. It was harder to find this book compared to some of Sandra Brown's books. It to is in my book collection. It is an amazing story!!! You won't be disappointed by reading this book...
Christi
This started it all. I found this in the library and picked it. I then searched for every book she ever wrote. That started my "I will read every book Sandra Brown writes" phase. I have moved up to buying the hardback editions (usually the day they are released). So glad I stumbled upon this one.
Kristin
This is the very first book I read by Sandra Brown. I was hooked on her after reading this book. I love a quick reading escapism book. I tend to read them after reading more complex books. I have found that I really love all kind of books and am willing to try any author or genre at least once!
Sara Weather
I want to say thank you first to Sandra Brown and goodreads for sending me this book with a book i won.

I really liked this book it was not amazing but good. I like that you could see the relationship being more realistic than the other book i read by her.It made me want to read other books by her.
Sannn~~~
ptama baca buku ini lsg susah lepas...
bener2 banyak adegan2 yg bikin nyesek bacanya...
ga tau knapa perasaannya teraduk2 banget baca buku ini...
bagus bangetttt...
lagi nunggu2 si james sadar kl dia uda fall in love ama laura.. ^ ^
Rakhi ahuja
another story which takes you to a perfect world of love where all your dreams come true
keep reading .............sandra brown will always fascinate you with all the love she pours in her writting
Jeanne
A good little romance story. The school bad boy and the rich man's daughter haven't seen each other for years. All of a sudden he shows up at her house with plans to buy her place. A fast read.

Rina
I love this author but this was one of her earliest works. It's very romancy, of which I am not a fan, but has a nice sweet pat ending. her later books are much better.
Connie
This book was almost too short. I felt it could have been more detailed and in depth. I loved the characters but I would have loved to learn even more about them.
Ada Iaboni
One of Sandra's earlier works that was better than some but not up to the more current books that have a lot more substance and twists. An easy beach read.
Primadonna
Lumayan lah, walau karena baca terjemahan, di beberapa bagian, jadi mengikik. Karena itulah aku tambahin jadi tiga bintang: bonus ketawanya! Hehe.
Arousedmale
May 05, 2013 Arousedmale marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hi all.
Is there any link to find this book's free-online reading access? Please email me the same at: alwayzalert@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Roxana
It is the first book I have read since I discover this hoby and I really enjoy it ....love the book is the first of hundreds
  • Where There Is Evil
  • After The Music
  • Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan, #16)
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Heart's Victory (Language of Love #16 - Tuberose)
  • Beauty and the Sheikh (A is for Alpha, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Mistress  (Passion, #3) (Harlequin Presents, #2026)

Sandra Brown is the author of sixty-one New York Times bestsellers, including LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004), HELLO, DARKNESS (2003), THE CRUSH (2002), a...more
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy