Start by marking “My Best Friend and My Man” as Want to Read:
My Best Friend and My Man

My Best Friend and My Man

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The things women will do–to men and to each other–in search of love

Veron Darcey is a twentysomething African American woman who wants it all: a successful career, an upwardly mobile life, and a loving, attentive man. But the last few men Veron has been with have either added her to their five-woman rotation or relegated her to the dreaded “just friends” zone.

After one part
Published June 3rd 2008 by Broadway Books

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend and My Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend and My Man

Eva Leger
Oct 17, 2008 Eva Leger rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Keyona
Recommended to Eva by: myself
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
I liked this enough to read Cydney Rax's other books that I've heard about but there were a few problems I had with it. I loved the characters so much- Demetria made me so angry so much of the time but I felt sorry for her also. Veron and Seaphes just seemed so confused and it was fun watching them find themselves throughout the story. I loved Mike's character also, he was a nice addition to the story I thought. I didn't like how a lot of the conversations and situations seemed to far fetched. A ...more
Catrice Gilbert
I love when I am reading a book and my emotions tie into the book like I'm a character. I must've said Aw Heyall Nah about a thousand times! Loved it!
Angie
Uugh. The ONLY way this book earned a second star from me was the fact that I felt strongly enough about one of the characters having such a...well...terrible character. Other than that, the writing was juvenile, the scenes were disjointed and the characters were not true to their nature even or the length of a chapter. They fluctuated so much even within a single conversation that I couldn't tell if the same character being described, or if a new one joined the scene.

Aside from the atrocious wr
K.augustine
This book started off slow and was really hard for me to get into. It finally got interesting around the middle but it just hit a plateau and never became GREAT. I was disappointed to say the least. I can't believe Vernon ridiculously thought Demetria was her REAL friend. Vernon is far from stupid so I take it she is a glutton for punishment. I wouldn't recommend anyone spend their money on this like I foolishly did.
MavLit Publishing
One has to be a true writer at heart to understand and appreciate Ms. Rax's style. I'm aware that some did not find this work exciting or compelling, but she connects with readers who have ordinary lives and not searching for something that's not realistic.
Kellee
Jun 30, 2009 Kellee rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: not-all-that
I'm not sure if this book was boring or if I was just preoccupied while reading this, but it was so annoying, boring and I just couldn't get into it. It never was a page turner!! I wasted 2 weeks...Yes that's how long it took me to read this!!
Valerie
Different kind of story...I liked it.It had a little strange way that the characters all fit together, but I did enjoy the audio version.
I saw all the iffy reviews, but I'm glad that I stuck with it.
Lezlie (Nancy)
Okay so I tried to read this book, but for some strange reason I could not get into it so I did not finish this book, sorry. Just could not get into this one at all.
Tracy
This book is frustating. Does Vernon have to be so dumb??? I'm hoping she gets a clue soon; otherwise Demetria should have Seaphes...UGH!!!!
Tanisha
Jul 15, 2012 Tanisha is currently reading it
I'm gonna see how this goes.... I read My Husband's Girlfriend and Enjoyed it.
Brenda
I read this mess with my book club.
Kenyettak730
Loved it!!!!
Love this authors style!
Marissa
Hot and imaginative!
Tammy Thomas
Horrible with a capital H!!!
Damika
It was okay.
Marion Dixon
Marion Dixon marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Dyisha Allen
Dyisha Allen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Arneatha
Arneatha marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
terri stephens
terri stephens marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 28, 2014
Dytana Forte
Dytana Forte marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jaeda
Jaeda marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Basically I became interested in becoming a writer after reading Terry McMillan’s novel Disappearing Acts. In 2004 my author dreams were realized via the release of her controversial debut novel My Daughter’s Boyfriend, the story of a 34-year old single mother that becomes attracted to her teenaged daughter’s boyfriend. My second novel is My Husband’s Girlfriend, a story about a wife that allows h ...more
More about Cydney Rax...
My Husband's Girlfriend My Daughter's Boyfriend Reckless Brothers and Wives My Sister's Ex