Start by marking “Down in the Woods at Sleepytime” as Want to Read:
Down in the Woods at Sleepytime

Down in the Woods at Sleepytime

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Soothe a child to sleep—and meet the most fetching menagerie of woodland babies ever!

It's sleepytime down in the woods, but not one of the baby animals is ready to go to bed. The bear cubs want to play, the little hedgehogs are hungry, the bunnies are peek-a-booing, the toadlets are singing—and their mamas are at their wits' end! Will Grandma Owl finally find a way to sett
Published October 1st 2000 by Candlewick (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Down in the Woods at Sleepytime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down in the Woods at Sleepytime

Holly
This story is about a forest of animals trying to get its young ones to sleep.

Lovely illustrations and beautiful use of words. A very calming story with a very soothing rhythm. The pictures are lovely especially the irst double spread and the last double spread.

Would be a brilliant book to calm children down in an Early Years Setting.
Bmack
Themes - bedtime, woods, animals. This book has large beautiful illustrations and shows different forest animal families getting ready for sleeytime. Complete with wise grandma owl giving them all a storytime!
Nisah Haron
Cute and cuddly. My little ones loved it.
Athena
A sweet, animal-themed bedtime story.
Brandi
An animal bedtime story sure to set the children on the road to sleepytime themselves. Wonderful, sweet illustrations.
Misty
All the young animals throughout the woods are having too much fun playing to answer their moms’ attempts to get them into bed. Finally wise grandma owl lures them all to bed with a story. It’s a sweet book that the kids asked for over and over again so they could join in with the young animals as they said, “Uh uh” to protest bedtime.
Angela
Wonderful personable characters, 2-page impace with minimal text that introduces the name of the adult animal and the name applied to the babies of the same species (Mama rabbit and her bunnies), good facial expressions on creatures.
Jewel
The boys rarely chose this book to read, but when we did it was a good quite book for bed time, they're too old for it now, but I'm keeping it for their younger brother. It's very beautifully illustrated.
Margaret
This is really cute. We read it at the library, but I think I will be looking for the board book version for us. Another one to add in our collection.
MJ
out of print would like to have odc if comes back in
Bedtime
Owen
Owen added it
Aug 13, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Lettie
Lettie added it
Jul 21, 2014
Sevf
Sevf added it
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
When Carole Lexa Schaefer was growing up, she wanted to be both a poet and a journalist. In an unexpected way, she feels she achieved her ambition. While studying for a master's degree in early childhood education, she once put together a picture book made of photo essays. "The lyrical, every-word-counts genre captivated the poet and journalist in me," Carole Lexa Schaefer recalls--and she's been ...more
More about Carole Lexa Schaefer...
The Squiggle Dragon Dancing ABCers Monkey and Elephant: Candlewick Sparks Who's There?