Start by marking “Home Schooling from Scratch: Simple Living, Super Learning” as Want to Read:
Home Schooling from Scratch: Simple Living, Super Learning

Home Schooling from Scratch: Simple Living, Super Learning

Parents learn what they really need, how to find or create materials and opportunities for less money, and how to organize their household for economical, happy learning.
Published March 25th 1996 by Gazelle Publications

To ask other readers questions about Home Schooling from Scratch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Schooling from Scratch

Adriane Devries
Jul 25, 2011 Adriane Devries rated it liked it
Shelves: teaching
Wow, I plucked this book from the library education shelf because, frankly, I needed something I could finish in a day. It was written in the early 90's and portrays the stereotypical homeschool family of its author, bless her well-intentioned heart. It even included a pen drawing of a homeschool mom wearing a plaid dress and sensible shoes! In it you will experience the modest beginnings of this movement, which began before the days of the internet, when familes would use the library card syste ...more
Tracy
Jul 22, 2008 Tracy rated it it was ok
Shelves: education
Two thoughts:
It's amazing how quickly these sorts of books go out of date in the advent of the internet, isn't it? This was published in 1996, and she's debating whether or not one needs a computer! Plus it has no websites.
Also, I again run into the same problem: I already do most of the money saving stuff. My mom taught me too well!
Jodi
Oct 24, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it
It great alot of great information about getting organized to cutting grocery cost. I filled several pages with notes and photocopied all of the art, science, etc pages that she had. What a great book to help get me started.
Erin
May 04, 2016 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: homeschool
I didn't really enjoy this book. It was pretty out of date and didn't offer much insight into modern homeschooling even with us taking a very traditional route.
Carrie
Jul 05, 2008 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: home-s-cool
Good beginner HS info on homeschooling for free or on the cheap. A fast read.
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was ok
May 13, 2008
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2011
Martha
Martha rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2009
Nicole Leon-Guerrero
Nicole Leon-Guerrero rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2017
Gina Vincent
Gina Vincent rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Q
Q rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Brandi
Brandi rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 16, 2010
Sandi
Sandi added it
May 14, 2011
Solehudinwahidyahoo.com
Solehudinwahidyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Wahab
Wahab marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016