Start by marking “Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)

Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia #3)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Into a nest of vipers…

Her sister had vanished, trapped in a human slavery ring. To find her, FSB agent Yanna Andrevka arranged her own kidnapping into Taiwan’s sex-trafficking trade. And found herself with no way out.

Until Yanna discovered an ally deep undercover: Delta Force captain David Curtiss. He was after the kingpin of the Twin Serpents, the organized crime syndicat
Published June 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Wiser Than Serpents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiser Than Serpents

Burning Hearts by Nike ChillemiThe Unrelenting Tide by Lynnette BonnerDeadly Pursuit by Irene HannonPerilous Shadows by Nike ChillemiGoodbye Noel by Nike Chillemi
Christian Crime Fiction
45th out of 82 books — 102 voters
This Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiDown & Out by Marcy G. DyerAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonIn Harm's Way by Irene HannonAn Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
127th out of 318 books — 233 voters

More lists with this book...

Is Agent Andrevka on a mission of suicide...? She is obviously not being reasonable, as an agent that has not used her field operation knowledge since her training, Yenna decides, well... she'll go ahead and try to take on one of the worlds biggest human trafficking rings, the Twin Serpents, not suprised yet, well here's the real rub, she's going to attempt to do this alone. Good thing for her Delta captain David Curtiss is her friend, rather than the American being the FBS agent's worst nightma ...more
Jun 02, 2008 Sarah added it
Just finished this one. A great fictional way to have you eyes opened to the plight of people around the world sucked into the world of human trafficking. I read it in one night.
It's amazing at what David is willing to sacrifice for the woman he loves and even more amazing is what he is willing to do to stay in the will of the God he serves. He struggles with the depths of evil he has to become a part of in order to bring justice to the underworld of the slave trade; and he struggles with his love for an unbeliever. Being human, he has wants like any other man but his spiritual side wars with his fleshly side. Christians can appreciate this nuance but others may not get ...more
Susan May Warren really knows how to write suspenseful tales about unrequited love. Wiser than Serpents contained such passion and spiritual depth that it took my breath away. I loved her Josey series because it's so funny, but I really loved Wiser than Serpents because of the depth of emotion between the main characters in the book. It amazed me how much serious brutality (as in blood and guts) was allowed in this Steeple Hill book. But it was necessary to make the storyline believable. I was i ...more
Susie Grant
Susan May Warren is at the top of my list as a Christian writer. I fell in love with both David "Preach" and Yanna but have to admit that David was really "too good to be true". His ethics were admirable and uncompromising even though he is deeply in love with an unbeliever.
I especially loved the humor in tense situations with the ongoing dialog each character had with themselves! This kept me chuckling throughout the book.
This is part of a series and since other characters are involved from pr
This is a cute story of a two people in love yet unwilling to admit the attraction. In the midst of that story is the reality of "Trafficking"; Yanna's sister is missing in that trafficking and Yanna is going to find her. Even when the man who professes to just be friends, and she is in love with tells her she going back home instead of finding her sister.
The story is a good romance story but lacking in action, thus I gave the book four stars.I liked the characters and their interaction. Good r
I enjoyed this novel. It kept me engaged wondering what would happen from moment to moment. I needed something that would be a lighter read after all the heavy stuff I have been reading. I enjoyed Yanna and the journey she goes through trying to locate her sister that was caught up in the underground slave trade. I of course enjoy a good read that has a strong male character.. and this one had a few!
Great book. An interesting topic as we are becoming more aware of human trafficking. If you enjoy Christian suspense you will like this book. The very end could have been a little more suspenseful but overall a great end to the series.
Another great novel from Susan May Warren. It took awhile for the story to pick up speed and for the suspense to build, but once it did, I was hooked in. The author not only provides an interesting read, but touches on the sensitive subject of human trafficking and the growing problem it poses the world.
Aug 04, 2008 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dee Henderson Fans
I have fallen in love with this author's stuff..if you like Dee Henderson's "true heroes" series, you will love this series. A Russian agent finds herself entangled in a human slavery ring after her sister mysteriously disappears. This kept me on the edge of my seat!
I liked the characters in this book and found them funny at times. However, this book was just not thriller-y enough for me. The author seems to have a great sense of humor, so I look forward to reading more of her books.
Jun 29, 2008 Rebekah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy a little suspense and romance.
I really enjoyed the plot of this book and the refreshing look it took on being unequally yoked. It was also a great reminder to me of God's provision to us as believers when we follow His will for our lives.
I really liked the way SM Warren dealt with the potentially unevenly yoked relationship. That she dealt with it at all is a plus, even more so the way she dealt with it.
I'm not a big suspense fan, but I am a big Susan May Warren fan. Exciting and eye-opening book about human trafficking.
Good, but similar to other Susan May Warren plots. David & Yanna just need to get married!
I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first, but I really got into it. This is a great book!
Love this book--especially since I've read it whilst living in Taiwan!
Jessica (^_^)
Awesome book. Third in a series. She is an awesome author.
Had potential but got lost along the way. ;-(
Teresa Short
This book reminded me of the movie Taken.
suspenseful read!
Hanna marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Feloidae marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Raelee Carpenter
Raelee Carpenter marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Tricia added it
Sep 17, 2015
  • Oksana (Heirs of Anton, #4)
  • Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes #4)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • In the Shadow of Evil
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...

Mission: Russia (3 books)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Mission: Russia, #1)
  • Sands of Time (Mission: Russia #2)
Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1) Flee the Night (Team Hope, #1) Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1) It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family, #2) Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy, #1)