Start by marking “Reign of the Dead” as Want to Read:
Reign of the Dead

Reign of the Dead (Reign of the Dead #1)

A worldwide plague causes the dead to walk...and they're attacking the living! A group of just over one hundred survivors seek shelter in a local rescue center. As time passes and the situation deteriorates, the overcrowded shelter becomes a potential deathtrap. The group's leaders then forge a plan to clear out and move to a small correctional facility in an outlying area ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by iUniverse Star (first published July 22nd 2001)

Yelania Nightwalker
Jim se levantó una mañana sabiendo que sus vacaciones habían terminado y era hora de regresar al mundo real y seguir con la rutina. Empacó sus pertenencias y emprendió el camino de vuelta a la civilización, después de haber pasado unas semanas agradables en su cabaña de caza. Cuando alcanzó el pueblo más cercano, se extrañó al contemplar la destrucción y lo solitario que parecía todo. Necesitando gasolina para poder continuar su camino, se detuvo en un establecimiento y cuál sería su sorpresa al ...more
Olethros
Jun 27, 2014 Olethros rated it liked it
-Otra más de zombis, sin nada especial. Ah, sí, esperen, hay algo: no ha tenido que depender de la autopublicación.-

Género. Ciencia-Ficción.

Lo que nos cuenta. Jim Workman es un empresario de la construcción con cierto éxito que tras su periodo sabático anual en medio de las montañas vuelve a la civilización para encontrarse con que todo parece desierto. Su exhaustiva preparación militar y la calibre .44 que siempre lleva en la guantera, además de su encuentro con otras personas, le permiten afro
MerryMeerkat
Jan 06, 2015 MerryMeerkat rated it it was amazing
Star Rating Art: 4 Stars
Star Rating Story: 5 Stars
Overall: 4.5 Stars

Netgalley Review

First Impression: Very cute

Art/Colors: Adorable black and white illustrations throughout

Not the first in the series, but it totally doesnt matter. This is one of the cutest, sweetest, most tender and loving childrens books Ive read in a long time. It teaches good lessons without being religious and preachy, a rare combination. The talking animals are adorable and sweet. The book even starts with a great proverb:
Patrick D'Orazio
Nov 05, 2010 Patrick D'Orazio rated it it was ok
I love zombie stories. I appreciate what this author was trying to do. I am also a person who will spend the money on a book related to this subject regardless of other reviews simply because I crave it all and want to get my hands on everything that I can. So my opinion is biased.

Despite my bias towards zombies, this book is not a high caliber work amongst the other offerings I have collected from Amazon thus far. The story has one main plot: a group of survivors, led by a larger than life mov
Peter Heinrich
Dec 22, 2012 Peter Heinrich rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Peter by: Tom Baisden
Shelves: fiction, horror
Kudos to Barnhart for getting it done (“He who never makes mistakes, never makes anything”), but this book was just terrible. Obviously released through a vanity publisher, this book was entirely unoriginal and clumsily executed. When poor punctuation rises to the level of distraction, you can imagine how the substance of the writing will rate.

You know it's bad when you read "Tutor style houses" and can't be sure it's a typo.
Tim
Dec 23, 2008 Tim rated it did not like it
Terrible, derivative zombie novel. The reasoning behind the plague was down-right silly and the characters were so cookie-cutter and predictable that I, for fun, guessed which ones would be killed and which would survive and was 100% correct.

The only reason I read this was because I tried out an experiment of pulling a random book off the shelf and reading it no matter what. This experiment lasted two books.
Barbara
Apr 01, 2008 Barbara rated it liked it
Recommended to Barbara by: Brian
Shelves: 2005
I read this book entirely for the benefit of my non-reader fiance. I figured if a book was good enough for him to read it in a matter of days, I should give it a shot. It's definitely not my type of book, but I think it was very good for the zombie genre. No thinking, running zombies here. Just good old fashioned brain-eating.
Rhonda Tuma Domurat
Typical zombie tale trying to throw in a side of romcom. Too predictable and not very original. Lots of potential tho - and I'm curious enough about where the author is trying to go w his idea of the "infection" that I'll be reading the next one.
Jude
Dec 11, 2007 Jude rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror
Poor. Only for zombie completetists that don't crave a little originality
Roberto Scarlato
Aug 18, 2013 Roberto Scarlato rated it really liked it
In my opinion, this book would most likely come after the movie Dawn of the Dead, the 1970's one. Not the remade one.

Yes, there are some grammar mistakes but those are very few and far between.

This book revolves around Jim Workman, an everyday working man in construction taking some much needed vacation time. When he comes back, he is surprised to see that the world is a very different place. What I liked most about this novel is the fact that the author didn't spend 80 or so pages explaining ho
Dreadlocksmile
Apr 13, 2009 Dreadlocksmile rated it it was amazing
Len Barnhart’s “Reign Of The Dead” is the first novel of his post-apocalyptic zombie series. To date there is only one sequel so far released, entitled “Reign Of The Dead: Apocalypse End”, but a third instalment is due out in the autumn of 2006 entitled “Reign Of The Dead: Outbreak”. The first two novels have both been released through iUniverse Star publications.

From the start of the novel, the reader is quickly thrown into the devastating turn of events that have brought the human race close t
Jessica
Una muy buena novela de zombies para todos aquellos fans del genero. La historia empieza con Jim quien se había tomado unas vacaciones en una zona aislada y el día que regresa (después de 3 semanas incomunicado) resulta que la civilización ha desaparecido y hay muertos vivientes en todas partes y lo miran con ojitos de hambre XD. Por suerte es rescatado por uno de los últimos grupos de sobrevivientes y así se une a ellos para tratar de salvar a la mayor cantidad de vivos que sea posible.

Uno de l
Andy Simmons
Dec 09, 2014 Andy Simmons rated it liked it
This is a light, easy to read, zombie novel. It's not especially well written but I enjoyed this book.
Relena Darlian
May 19, 2014 Relena Darlian marked it as to-read
Me gusta mas la portada en español que la original sera mi primer libro de zombies no me decepciones
ZombieGrrL
Feb 24, 2012 ZombieGrrL rated it liked it
I really wish Good Reads ratings had half stars as I would rate this 3.5 at least. Reign of the Dead was a great read - very tasty fast food for the zombie lover.

Of course, we all know this story, it's been covered over & over but I don't get tired of reading good zombie books. So, no new ground is covered by Reign of the Dead, it's a little predictable but it's definitely readable, engaging & hard to put down nevertheless.

If you want to get your zombie on & read a basic outbreak &am
Chris A
Jan 14, 2014 Chris A rated it really liked it
Quick read and A well written zombie tome.
Aude
Sep 16, 2015 Aude rated it it was ok
It was unsurprising. Not as bad as many stories surfing on the undead wave, but not memorable either.

The typos were few but cringy ("Tutor-style house" and a freaking "Marshall law"). The many ways of refering to zombies were annoying: ghouls, demons and even... walking dead.
Thee_ron_clark
Dec 11, 2007 Thee_ron_clark rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of zombie films and literature
Shelves: zombies
I found this to be a really cool read with tons of ideas that would be great for films and/ or other forms of literature. For a long-time fan of the zombie genre, I find this to be a necessary read for those who love the genre and take their love beyond the screen.
Akashrek
Dec 04, 2011 Akashrek rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
He leído muchos libros de zombies y éste ha sido el peor con diferencia, los personajes son clichés sin personalidad y el final del libro patético; estuve a punto de no terminarlo y ojalá lo hubiera hecho.

Una absoluta pérdida de tiempo.
Rick Mullenax
Jan 08, 2013 Rick Mullenax rated it liked it
Len was writing his own zombie world in both novel and comic form before the great Robert Kirkman. Okay, so he's not as good, but it's still a fun read. Certainly not boring, but the Preacher was a bit much.
Marto Guagnini
Aug 24, 2015 Marto Guagnini rated it did not like it
Muy básico. Muy obvio. No se detiene en los detalles. Superficial a más no poder. Y encima pretende dejar un mensaje.

Y para colmo hay una segunda parte.
Vicky Mullen
Jul 16, 2015 Vicky Mullen added it
Shelves: good
not bad
Fallon Blake
Dec 31, 2010 Fallon Blake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Quick zombie read. There were some similarities to other zombie fiction out there, but all in all I enjoyed it.
James Moulton
Jun 22, 2011 James Moulton rated it did not like it
I think I may have wrote books like this in middle school, minus the sex and with bigger chapters.
Katherine
Jul 25, 2012 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
I've read my fair share of classic zombie books, and this is my favorite. The sequel is even good.
Michael
Oct 30, 2007 Michael rated it liked it
Classic shambling zombie tale with an interesting explanation for the rising.
-m
Steve Lowe
Jan 26, 2013 Steve Lowe rated it it was amazing
Once you get into it, great book couldn't put it down.
Brandon
Mar 17, 2007 Brandon rated it liked it
A solid zombie tale.
Mike Mccoy
Jan 22, 2011 Mike Mccoy rated it it was amazing
Great action
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine (and correct metadata), as appropriate 2 12 Sep 03, 2016 03:02AM
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Twilight of the Dead
  • Deadlands
  • Dying to Live: Life Sentence (Dying to Live, #2)
  • Hungry For You
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • The Rage Plague
  • Dead Tide (Dead Tide #1)
  • Resurrection: Zombie Epic
  • Kings of the Dead
  • Stealing Kevin's Heart
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • The Dead
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Lakewood Memorial

Reign of the Dead (2 books)
  • Apocalypse End (Reign of the Dead #2)