Start by marking “The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)

The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,748 ratings  ·  37 reviews
After Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn are hijacked to the planet Phindar, they find themselves trapped in a world gone mad. The ruling Syndicat controls the people by erasing their memories. The planet's only hope lies with a band of thieving rebels.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are caught in a mind war.

And if they're not careful, their own pasts will be wiped out forever.
Published August 1st 1999 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Past

Branwen *Blaidd Drwg*
"If routine you count on, disappointed your hopes will bet. It is better to expect nothing, and let each moment surprise you."

Nothing is lost where the Force dwells, and the Force is everywhere.

When Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi are hijacked to the planet Phindar during a mission they find themselves caught in the middle of a civil war between the planets inhabitants and the greedy syndicate that controls them they find that not only are their lives at stake, but something far more
Luke Ewell
It is Obi Wans birthday and he thinks he is going to get a warm cloak or something really good from his master Qui Gon. Instead he gets a rock. He doesn't know that the rock is force sensitive. Qui Gon said he found it and when you touch it, it glows up. Obi Wan and Qui Gon have to go on a mission to a planet but the pilot, they find out, is a rebel for a planet. He crash landed the ship on a planet that he was fighting for. Obi Wan and Qui Gon help him so the people can get their rights. The ru ...more
Alayne
No estuvo tan bueno como los anteriores, pero no me decepcionó para nada.

Cuando hablás de estas historias, tan cortas y simples, aunque llenas de aventuras, no podés decir mucho. No podés hablar ni muy bien ni muy mal, porque o te gustan o no terminan de convencerte.

Cada aventura de Qui-Jon y Obi-Wan me gusta.
Me encanta ver cómo evoluciona de aspirante a aprendiz de jedi a realmente un padawan con un gran maestro. (Y por alguna razón, no sé porque y no lo puedo evitar, me imagino a Obi Wan com
Sara
Qui-Gon and Obi-wan set out on their first official Jedi mission as Master and Padawan, but what is meant to be a simple observer's role gets more exciting quickly as their transport ship is hijacked and ends up on a planet controlled by a ruthless crime syndicate - and home to some old friends.

...I decided to finally read these because I wanted the background on pre-TPM Jedi life, and I am being sadly disappointed, because so far they're just... bad. And I know they're J chapter books that were
Iset
One fault all these Jedi Apprentice books suffer from is not being long enough. This really hampers the complexity of the plot and the development of the characters. Because it’s a children’s book, the description isn’t very sophisticated either. I have to say I didn’t particularly like the plot of this book, but it was a nice twist to see the Jedi hijacked and sidetracked from their original mission instead of everything going to plan. The plot was kind of implausible – it’s largely set in just ...more
Constance
I have enjoyed surrendering to my nerdy side many times, and this book was just another way in which I handed my soul to the dark side of the 'geek'. However, Jude Watson, Never disappoints. I am a college student now and her writing style still appeals to me. It is simple and fun and I am not going to lie sometimes in college you simply want to engage in something childish. This book captures all the aspect of the Jedi's that we have come to love and brings them to life in a form that is easy f ...more
Jason Pettus
(I now maintain a blog just for my kid-lit reviews. Find it at http://kidlit4adults.blogspot.com .)

A friend has convinced me to try my hand this year for the first time at writing children's literature; but I don't actually know anything about children's literature, so am starting the process among other ways by first reading a stack of popular books that have been recommended to me. Today's titles are from yet another long-running series of chapter books for grade-schoolers, the kind of franchi
Melody Cox
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn have come to a planet where the locals are regularly oppressed and food shortages are force-ably pushed onto them by the local government. Obi and Qui must infiltrate headquarters to prove to the locals that the shortages are false.

I highly recommend this book, however, it did not quite live up to Books One and Two.
Joseph
basically i am totally in love with the star wars books and so like i picked this one out of a stack. so basically in this book, obi wan kenobi and quigon jinn are like captured and then sent to this planet which i totally forget the name of but basically the planet is out of control like totally asylum gone wild andlike all hell done broke loose lol.
what the govt on the planet does is basically like wipe peoples memoreis and this is like how everyone is controlled which definitely creates some
Mike Jozic
Pretty decent for what it is and pretty much the only way you're going to get more adventures from Qui-Gon Jinn so, if that means running through a dozen or so YA books, so be it. It was also nice to see the Phindians in an early appearance pre-Osi Sobek from the Clone Wars Citadel episodes.
Zane Marshall
I wasn't quite as entertained by this entry in the series, although I did find it quite good. It seemed to rush a bit too much due to constant action. And Obi-Wan being captured may get old very quickly. I did like the unanticipated connection between Phindar and Gala, however.
K
Excellent third book in the Jedi Apprentice series. Book three picks up where book 2 left off. So far each of the three books has been as good as the others. There seemed to be no unnecessary filler a lot of Star Wars books I've read have in them. Definitely looking forward to the next book! 5/5
Todd Bauerle
Yawn. This is the weakest entry thus far. Terrible caricature writing for the dialogue of Guerra and his brother. It promoted a sense of petulance that I found terribly irritating. It made moving to book four almost impossible.
Michael
So it looks like I'm going to be only mildly interested in this series all the way through. This book had some good scenes but wasn't terribly interesting. Also a bowcaster isn't likely to be on a world devoid of wookies, but that's a minor issue.
Michelle Anne
Not the best of the series. I like the mentor relationship portions, but the action sequence made little sense and the device they were looking for was absolute nonsense.
Scott Shadel
I am reading the whole series and will post a review upon completion of Jedi Apprentice 18 : The Threat Within
Miss Clark

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's first mission together as a Jedi team.
Jaime
3 1/2 stars. I can't be too hard on these books, I'm pretty sure they're YA fiction. Short, fun stories.
Ruth
Again another great in this series. Love how strong the bond between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon has already become and how Obi-Wan outwits the syndicate's memory weapon. Highly recommend not only this book, but this entire series. Great background for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's Master/Padawan relationship. Even though these are 'kids' books, they are filled with enough action/adventure to keep adults entertained as well.
Meadow
After Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn are hijacked to planet Phindar, they find themselves trapped in a world gone mad. The ruling Syndicat controls the people by erasing their memories. The planet’s only hope lays with a band a thieving rebels.
Qui-Gon and Obi-“Wan are caught in a mind war.
And if they’re not careful, their own pasts will be wiped out forever. But one of them was not careful enough.
Dwayne Phifer
This book was very intresting it talked about a lot of fighting. Anotherthing is that this book had a lot of actions like when Obi-Wan Kneobi and Qui Gon Jinn was hijacked to a planet called Phinder. Something else is that their was this person who can erase people minds his name was Syndicat. Also If Obi-Wan was to mess up Syndicat can erase their minds forever.
Angela
Suitable for 8+ and those who have seen the films.
ObiWan is finally a jedi apprentice and gets his first mission. However, a detour occurs thanks to an old friend. Again, like others in the series this is very plot orientated and moves along very quickly. There's lots of fights in this one, and I'm sure that will appeal to some readers. An ok read.
Daniel Rose
Very interesting story as Qui Gon and Obi won get stranded on a planet after they get hijacked by their pilot. Obi won of course over comes the possiblity of being memory wiped and saves the day. You see a lot of Obi-won's personality as he struggles to understand his master which you see latter with Anakin and Obi-won.
Terri Pray
My son is loving this series, and it's encouraging his reading.
Josilyn Sakura
First book I finish in middle and it's a very good read.
Taylor
I thought that this was a great book for people who like starwars or anything about spaceships or any science fiction book
Madeline Stone
I really liked all the Star Wars books by Jude Watson that I read, although they were a little bit below my reading level.
Abdulla
When I read this as a kid, it served as a vehicle that pulled me into the Star Wars world. Now, I'm indifferent to it.
Jessie
Kids series for SW are tedious. I don't remember this one much so I wasn't impressed, but I also wasn't horrified.
Becky
I read these books in my pre-teens, they were my first taste of Star Wars books and I loved them. :)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Return to Ord Mantell (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #12)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #3)
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)

Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)
  • The Mark of the Crown (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #4)
  • The Defenders of the Dead (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #5)
  • The Uncertain Path (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #6)
  • The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #7)
  • The Day of Reckoning (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #8)
  • The Fight for Truth (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #9)
  • The Shattered Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #10)
  • The Deadly Hunter (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #11)
In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6) Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues,  #4) A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2) Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1) The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)