Start by marking “گوسفند قربانی” as Want to Read:
گوسفند قربانی

گوسفند قربانی

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Short Story: Lamb to the Slaughter (Harper's Magazine, 1953)
Published 2008

To ask other readers questions about گوسفند قربانی, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about گوسفند قربانی

Mo
This is the title of the first chapter of 'The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry'. You can find a copy of this short story here

It will take you about 5 minutes to read it. It is very good, and makes me want to locate a copy of 'Someone Like You'.
Nicola
Lara
Nunca habría imaginado que el autor que me entusiasmó de pequeña con Matilda, fuese capaz de escribir una historia en clave de novela negra sin dejar de perder los rasgos característicos que hacen tan disfrutables todas y cada una de sus lecturas.
Keith
A short mystery involving a murdered police detective and his wife and former colleagues.
Lauren
Predictable, but still fun!
Steve
I saw the Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode of this perhaps forty years ago. It made a strong impression on me, and I have never forgotten it. I didn't even know it was a short story until last week. When I heard one of my fellow teachers talking about it, I immediately tracked it down and read it. It was amazing. Suspenseful. Humorous. Dark. Light. Wonderfully ironic.
Mj
clever story. don't know if it would work in today's world, but I liked the story a lot.
Arianna
Emily
I read this story in English at school and thought it was quite good. It's not like Roald Dahl's other stories that i've read.
Brian Yahn
Lamb to the Slaughter is a murder tale that's ironically cute. It's a fun little read.
Calsi
Kayla Rose
*3.5* this is a very short short story. It was written very well, but was not exceptionally good.
Bethany
Another bit of Roald Dahl magic, complete with the perfect crime and a generous helping of irony.
Oliviah Lawrence
I read this in school, very different from normal murder mysteries but great noneoftheless!
Greg Mathews
Just a nice story about a woman who murders her husband with a lamb leg. I enjoyed it a lot!
Heather
Rating - 4

Read my freshman year of high school and really loved this short story.
Shima
در کل به ژانر جنایی بیشتر از دو ستاره نمیشود تقدیم کرد...یا حداقل در توان من نیست..
Jessica
This story was just pure genius. Roald Dahl, I love your brain.
Andie
Roald Dahl really does have a beautiful brain.
Madison Salem
Read this for English class; a good story.
Ali
Oh Roald Dahl, you little genius man.
Beth
Aisa
Aisa added it
Jul 26, 2015
Kayla williams
Kayla williams marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
  • The End of the Party
  • Down to a Sunless Sea
  • Girl
  • A&P: Lust in the Aisles
  • The Lottery Ticket
  • To His Coy Mistress
  • Mom Meets Dad (Finding Mr. Right, #3)
  • The Interlopers (Tale Blazers)
  • The Sniper
  • My Mother Said I Never Should
  • Lucy Blue, Where Are You?
  • A New England Nun and Other Stories
  • The Pit Stop: This Stop Could be Life or Death
  • By the Waters of Babylon
  • Dr. Heidegger's Experiment
  • At the 'Cadian Ball
  • Pigeons from Hell
  •  Gold Medal Summer

Dahl's first published work, inspired by a meeting with C. S. Forester, was Shot Down Over Libya. Today the story is published as "A Piece of Cake". The story, about his wartime a
More about Roald Dahl...
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1) Matilda James and the Giant Peach The BFG The Witches