Start by marking “The Twenty-Fourth of June” as Want to Read:
The Twenty-Fourth of June

The Twenty-Fourth of June

This is a pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally importan ...more
Published October 11th 2007 by BiblioLife (first published December 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Twenty-Fourth of June, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twenty-Fourth of June

Jul 01, 2016 Mallory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book I've read this year and I doubt any will surpass it.

Once Richard Kendrick encounters the Gray family, he falls under the spell of not only their daughter Roberta, but also their family life itself. Realizing that they possess something he has been missing all these years in his own relationships, he strives to make himself better acquainted with them and in so doing, changes the direction of his life entirely.

An unusual romance, coupled with a cast of characters that demo
Laura Verret
A very sweet story - I enjoy how Richmond positively portrays large families and their dynamics as the members interact with each other. However, I am tired of reading books about lazy, rich young men who fall in love with spunky, go-getter, independent girls and work to make themselves 'worthy' of the ladies by getting jobs. I think I've read about five or six stories like that......
Jan 29, 2008 Katy rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorite books. Again, a spunky heroine who speaks her mind and is all I-am-woman-hear-me-roar, and in the end finds true love. There are some fun, clever interchanges. This is very old-timey, written in the early 1900's-ish.
Jul 06, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. It has the flavor of Louisa May Alcott's writing. I'm looking forward to reading the other ones in this collection. The best way I can think to describe this is that it's kind of like Little Women but from Laurie's point of view (if he was a little bit older). It made me smile and it made me tear up.
My daughter asked me about this book today, and when I started to explain, I realized that I was halfway through and not much had happened, and that I didn't care about the characters, and I didn't even care if I finished the book. So, I stopped.
Jan 19, 2016 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I appreciate her frequent theme - what's important in choosing a husband is not so much the outward appearance but how he handles crises - models of rectitude may desert you, but the ones who are steady are the ones you want!
Nicole Korak
Sep 05, 2015 Nicole Korak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet book

I've read this book 4 or 5 times and love it every time. It's classic from times gone by and has a great moral message.
Mar 15, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joe Wheeler chose this book to include in his series of 'Great Stories' alongside such classics as Robinson Crusoe, Little Men, A Christmas Carol and Freckles. After reading it I understood why. I don't read romances, but this is kind of a suspense-romance-mystery-drama all rolled into one. Because of the type of values weaved throughout the story, it would make an excellent read for young women preparing for courtship (or whatever term someone is using...Godly relationship with intent to marry. ...more
Jan 30, 2013 Leslie rated it did not like it
This book was so boring that I came near to the end, where he takes the girl back to the mountain to propose and then ....... I put the book down to work and never remembered to pick it back up. So, I never finished the book. I have no intention to either. I have since read like 10 other books.
Jul 08, 2012 Dillon rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but I did find the plotline and characters a little chalky. They didn't feel as deep and real. I really liked Richmond's other works a lot though.
May 14, 2012 April rated it really liked it
An excellent book, well worth the time. She waxes rather Pride and Prejudice like for a bit, but moves on. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this author.
Apr 27, 2012 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
I liked the change in heart and ambition shown from Richard's perspective, with only glimpses of Roberta's thoughts from time to time. An excellent book.
Jun 30, 2012 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathryn by: Dr. Joe Wheeler
This story was written in 1919, the style of writing is a bit wordy, but the true sense of the story came through. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
May 04, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It immediately draws you in and takes you to a place of insight and simple values.
Chef Clove
Aug 23, 2012 Chef Clove rated it it was amazing
Grace Richmond is a wonderful storyteller. She understands and portrays the nuances of relationships.
May 12, 2013 Suzannah rated it liked it
Most enjoyable! Review coming.
Joyce I. Josey
Joyce I. Josey rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Lindsay Koehn
Lindsay Koehn rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Janna marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Daisy rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Tere Núñez
Tere Núñez is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2016
Peggy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Dorcas marked it as to-read
MaryannC.Book Fiend
MaryannC.Book Fiend marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Charles D. Cox
Charles D. Cox rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Angela Ajuga
Angela Ajuga marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
John Vesbit
John Vesbit rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Grace Louise Smith Richmond (1866–1959), American romance novelist created the Dr. R.P. Burns series.

Her first short stories were published in various women's magazines including the Women's Home Companion, Ladies' Home Journal, and Everybody's Magazine as early as 1898. Richmond wrote 27 novels between 1905 and 1936. Red Pepper Burns was published in 1910. Like most of her strong-willed yet compa
More about Grace S. Richmond...