Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk

The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk (The Berenstain Bears)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Papa Bear loves Halloween, so he's thrilled when he's put in charge of the Bear Country School's Ghost Walk. He has everything he needs to make ita really spooky night -- cobwebs, jack-o'-lanterns, and monsters, such as Frankenbear and Grizzula. But will Papa Bear learn the hard way that one bear's fun is another bear's nightmare? Boo!
Paperback, 8x8", 32 pages
Published September 6th 2005 by HarperFestival (first published July 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk

Aug 15, 2015 TL rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to TL by: saw it on the shelves at work
A quick, fun, and cute read:) Had me smiling and remembering (though my memories are vague) of this adorable family.

The story is simple but it's not aimed solely towards kids, adults can enjoy it as well:).

The costumes of the characters I loved and Papa Bear's enthusiasm was wonderful... His costume was my favorite.

I won't spoil the story, so just go ahead and pick this one up, happy reading!

Happy 50th anniversary Bernstein Bears!
John Gentry
This should honestly get 3.5 stars but I can't do that so I'll leave it at 3. The whole nightmare bit makes it a spookier book for the kids but at the same time is done in a playful way. The Berenstain Bears books as a whole aren't my favorite but they always touch a nolstagia cord that brings me back to early elementary school. For the overall spookiness and the nolstagia that comes with the series it gets a 3.5 but nothing about it is groundbreaking or especially memorable.
The Berenstain Bears Go On a Ghost walk by Stan and Jan Berenstain is children’s books for ages 4-8 years. It is a Halloween themed story of the series. The story begins with Papa Bear planning the school’s annual Ghost Walk. He is enthusiastic about the task, and he wants to make it the scariest Ghost Walk Bear Country has ever seen. The only problem is, Papa Bear takes it a little too far at times. When he starts to scare the children, Mama Bear reminds him that while it may be all fun and gam ...more
Kimberly Willing
According to Mimi, it is somewhat scary for little kids.
My boys and I have enjoyed so many of the Berenstain Bears stories and the morals they contain within them. One of the things I always appreciate most is the message to think about your actions-- and this is one of those stories. That and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and since my boys are still young, I've had to practice a bit of discretion in my decorating as well (;
Papa Bear is in charge of the Bear Country school's annual Ghost Walk, which is a fundraiser. He has a great time carving pumpkins and constructing scary monsters for the walk until he has a nightmare!

Funny as usual BB situation and a moral to the story: "One person's fun is another person's nightmare!"

Book purchased by me as a present for Logan. Austin, September 2012.
This is a great Halloween book to read to kids to remind them that "one person's fun is another person's nightmare." I think it does a good job of showing the fun side of Halloween but also showing that we must recognize and respect that not all people are the same and they don't like the same things or respond to situations the same way.
Papa Bear almost goes overboard with the frightening Halloween decorations, until he starts having nightmares too. Then he realizes that Mama is right (I love that Mama is always right) when she says that someone's fun can turn into someone else's nightmare.
Like most BB books, this one has a predictable moral. "One person's spooky is another person's nightmare" That said, it is still a fun book, that will help older siblings understand why not everyone will want to hear that scary story.
Read this to three rapt little boys today, which was the best part of this book. I was less enamored with the story than they were. Although I did appreciate the story's take-away: one person's fun is another person's nightmare. So true.
An enjoyable story about Halloween. This would be an excellent story for a family with children of different ages, so the older children may be reminded that what is fun for one person, may be another person's nightmare.
Our first Berenstain Bear book, together! Bobo said he watches the show at grandma's. I would love to start reading this series and am so happy he liked it. I'll start with the spooky ones to keep his interest.
A cute story about Papa and understanding that something you may not think is scary could be very scary to someone else. My daughter - a Berenstain Bears fanatic - loves this book!
My boys (ages 4 & 8) like the Berenstain Bears and their adventures so, of course, they liked the Ghost Walk. This is one for older readers because it has a lot of words.
Nov 17, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, halloween
Although it's after Halloween, our girls love to read stories about Halloween (as long as they aren't too scary!) This is a good story, but not the best from the Berenstains.
Oct 18, 2008 ABC rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschoolers and kindergarteners
Shelves: younger-kids
Father Bear gets so wrapped up into Halloween that he ends up scaring himself with a bad dream.
I think that it was very AWESOME! And it was also very scary!
We love all berenstain bear books!
Classic Berenstain Bears...liked it!
Amy Mccarty
Trey Nowell
Trey Nowell marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Erin added it
Nov 15, 2015
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • Pumpkin Moonshine
  • Ollie's Halloween
  • Ten Timid Ghosts
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
  • The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (with CD)
  • Happy Halloween, Curious George tabbed board book
  • 10 Trick-or-Treaters
  • I Am a Witch's Cat
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • Corduroy's Halloween
  • Moonlight: The Halloween Cat
  • The Night Before Preschool
  • Dirt on My Shirt
  • It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • Over the River and Through the Wood
  • Pumpkin Jack
  • Spooky Hour
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nursery Tales
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nature Guide
  • The Berenstain Bears' Science Fair (Berenstain Bears)
  • Papa's Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Storybook Treehouse
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wild, Wild Honey
  • Berenstain Bears Go Fly a Kite
  • The Berenstain Bears' Soccer Star (mini book)
  • The Berenstain Bears and The Big Election