The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk

The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk (The Berenstain Bears)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The Papa Bear loves Halloween, so he's thrilled when he's put in charge of the Bear Country School's Ghost Walk. He has everything he needs to make ita really spooky night -- cobwebs, jack-o'-lanterns, and monsters, such as Frankenbear and Grizzula. But will Papa Bear learn the hard way that one bear's fun is another bear's nightmare? Boo!
Paperback, 8x8", 32 pages
Published September 6th 2005 by HarperFestival (first published July 26th 2005)

Tam
Terri
The Berenstain Bears Go On a Ghost walk by Stan and Jan Berenstain is children’s books for ages 4-8 years. It is a Halloween themed story of the series. The story begins with Papa Bear planning the school’s annual Ghost Walk. He is enthusiastic about the task, and he wants to make it the scariest Ghost Walk Bear Country has ever seen. The only problem is, Papa Bear takes it a little too far at times. When he starts to scare the children, Mama Bear reminds him that while it may be all fun and gam...more
Janin
My boys and I have enjoyed so many of the Berenstain Bears stories and the morals they contain within them. One of the things I always appreciate most is the message to think about your actions-- and this is one of those stories. That and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and since my boys are still young, I've had to practice a bit of discretion in my decorating as well (;
Anna
Papa Bear is in charge of the Bear Country school's annual Ghost Walk, which is a fundraiser. He has a great time carving pumpkins and constructing scary monsters for the walk until he has a nightmare!

Funny as usual BB situation and a moral to the story: "One person's fun is another person's nightmare!"

Book purchased by me as a present for Logan. Austin, September 2012.
Sheila
This is a great Halloween book to read to kids to remind them that "one person's fun is another person's nightmare." I think it does a good job of showing the fun side of Halloween but also showing that we must recognize and respect that not all people are the same and they don't like the same things or respond to situations the same way.
Rebecca
Papa Bear almost goes overboard with the frightening Halloween decorations, until he starts having nightmares too. Then he realizes that Mama is right (I love that Mama is always right) when she says that someone's fun can turn into someone else's nightmare.
Like most BB books, this one has a predictable moral. "One person's spooky is another person's nightmare" That said, it is still a fun book, that will help older siblings understand why not everyone will want to hear that scary story.
D'Anne
Read this to three rapt little boys today, which was the best part of this book. I was less enamored with the story than they were. Although I did appreciate the story's take-away: one person's fun is another person's nightmare. So true.
Lynn
An enjoyable story about Halloween. This would be an excellent story for a family with children of different ages, so the older children may be reminded that what is fun for one person, may be another person's nightmare.
Courtney
Our first Berenstain Bear book, together! Bobo said he watches the show at grandma's. I would love to start reading this series and am so happy he liked it. I'll start with the spooky ones to keep his interest.
Dru
A cute story about Papa and understanding that something you may not think is scary could be very scary to someone else. My daughter - a Berenstain Bears fanatic - loves this book!
Dolly
Nov 17, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2008, childrens, halloween
Although it's after Halloween, our girls love to read stories about Halloween (as long as they aren't too scary!) This is a good story, but not the best from the Berenstains.
Kirei
Oct 18, 2008 Kirei rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: preschoolers and kindergarteners
Shelves: younger-kids
Father Bear gets so wrapped up into Halloween that he ends up scaring himself with a bad dream.
Lily
I think that it was very AWESOME! And it was also very scary!
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Pauline
Classic Berenstain Bears...liked it!
Amy Mccarty
**9/2/13
***10/8/13D
Rayne
Rayne marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Aldene
Aldene marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
George
George added it
Feb 27, 2014
Sybil
Sybil marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV