Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  9 reviews
“Father’s Day is nothing but a greeting card holiday,” is what Papa says. If that’s the way Papa feels, then his family just won’t celebrate this year. But, as the big day rolls around, and there’s no card, no gift, and no breakfast in bed, Papa’s spirits sink lower and lower. That’s when the cubs spring on him their wonderful Papa’s Day surprise!
Published April 22nd 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

Audryaunna
A wonderful story about Papa bear who doesn't want a special day.
Amara
Derek Mahar
Sophia enjoyed reading this story more than the last Bernstein Bears book that we read!
Kerry
Read with my 4yo daughter.
Beth
I love "The Berenstain Bears" series, and I really wanted to like this book too. The Father's Day elements were sweet.

But as far as lessons in ethics, the Bears missed it this time around. Lying is okay when it's in furtherance of keeping secrets? Really? REALLY?
Miri
Celebrate Father's day with the Berenstain Bears. Papa scoffs at father's day and says he doesn't want to celebrate, but as the day draws nearer he softens and begins to worry that his family won't celebrate father's day.
Madelyn
I loved when he got the chair at the end. I like it because it was cute to see the little baby being fed by papa.
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Tiny Mendoza
Made me miss my dad so much!
Kayla Schnoebelen
Kayla Schnoebelen is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2015
Carrie
Carrie added it
Jul 15, 2015
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Shannon Ann Bliesner marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Desire Chedjieu
Desire Chedjieu is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 11, 2015
Jeanne Lindner
Jeanne Lindner marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Breanna Long
Breanna Long marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Piper
Piper added it
Jan 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • Winter on the Farm
  • Cherries and Cherry Pits
  • I Love My Daddy
  • Toot & Puddle: A Present for Toot
  • One Is a Feast for Mouse: A Thanksgiving Tale (Mouse (Holiday House))
  • Froggy's Day with Dad
  • What Makes Day and Night
  • Awesome Autumn
  • Perfect the Pig
  • The Very First Thanksgiving Day
  • The Worm
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down (Berenstain Bears Bright and Early Board Book) The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV